(Topic ID: 151700)

Vibrations from transformer (bop, wpc-89)

By TheRingMaster

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by terryb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheRingMaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi!

Today I started up my project bride of pinbot without the playfield connected (still outside the machine being fixed). Everything is normal and the menus work, the display works and so on. But I noticed the cabinet is vibrating from the transformer. Noticed it when I was pushing the service buttons that were vibrating slightly. Also it can be felt outside the cabinet if you touch it (on the wood). It can be felt pretty much everywhere. The transformer is not humming particularly loud but instead it vibrates.
Any ideas? I'm worried something is wrong but still the game works so far. Only thing I can think of is it vibrates more than my other games since I glued the bottom into the cabinet. Originally the bottom just rests in the wood gaps.

Any advice would be helpful!

/Andy

#2 8 years ago

Anyone?

#5 8 years ago

Hi there!

Zaza, I can double check again for sure but it should be. Checked before. Guess you mean the jumper wire that you can change around for different voltages/countries.

Terryb, hm ok, that's probably the reason. Can't be much else really. It's the same when the secondary is unplugged so it's not overloading. At least not when it's unplugged. Seems like a good idea to have it fixed because I don't want the windings to rub off the coating and short out. Guess that will happen eventually. Maybe not within the next couple of years in home use but better safe than sorry. I'll check all the fuses and the jumper wire again to be sure. Other than that I think if it works there's no biggie unless like I said the windings short out from vibrating against each other.

Thanks for your answers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.99
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheRingMaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vibrations-from-transformer-bop-wpc-89?tu=TheRingMaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.