4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by nikpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

smokerporkbutt.jpg

#1 4 years ago

The VFW Ann Arbor pinball museum is having a charity event this Friday (Black Friday). This is a free event, but you *must* bring canned food to get in. (The food will be donated to homeless shelter in Ann Arbor.)

The Ann Arbor pinball museum is only open a handful of times a year (mainly in May for their pinball showcase.) So this is a good opportunity to see the museum and it's 225 machines.

If you are interested in attending this event, please email me directly at cfh@provide.net for more details (and to get on the attendee list.)

http://www.vfwpinball.com

#2 4 years ago

What a great time to see the museum and play pinball all night for a can of food that goes to someone who needs it. I have emailed you and requested to be put on the list. Glad I'm local and free. Looking forward to seeing the new facility and some fun at the machines. What are the hours you are open and thanks for having us, Marty

#3 4 years ago

Will be a great time. Many thanks Clay and the VFW AnnArbor Pinball Museum members for putting this event on.

#4 4 years ago

Wow, what an awesome event/idea!

#5 4 years ago

Hells yeah its gonna be fun!

#6 4 years ago

I emailed also, sounds like fun!!!

#7 4 years ago

Clay & the crew - thnks for doing this. It is great to see people from the pinball community doing stuff for charity. I only wish I lived closer! One of these days I'll get a chance to make the trip out to see your collection.

#8 4 years ago

I will definitely be there with a bag of food. I know we aren't going to fill a bus with food but it would mean a lot to the families in need this holiday season. A small bag of food for free pinball is a great deal!

#9 4 years ago

Awesome idea Clay, always looking for another way our family can contribute, the benefit of enjoying the VFW is a bonus! Email sent, thanks for your generosity.

rody

#10 4 years ago

Email sent. Just canned food or are dry goods ok too?

#11 4 years ago

Anyone know what time it starts?

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

If you are interested in attending this event, please email me directly at cfh@provide.net for more details (and to get on the attendee list.)

#13 4 years ago

Also note you must 21 years of age or older to attend. Please email me if you want to come. Cfh@provide.net

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

Anyone know what time it starts?

I think I read somewhere 8 PM start time.

#15 4 years ago

Thanks Clay, we look forward to attending. I'll bring smoked pork butt if someone brings buns and sauce.

smokerporkbutt.jpg
    #16 4 years ago

Good luck, Clay! Hope it does well.

#17 4 years ago

I am bringing a big pot of Chili, nice big pot luck would be cool. Hint, hint...

#18 4 years ago

A fair number of people have responded to the charity pinball party at the VFW. it's looking like it will be a pretty big bash.

#19 4 years ago

Don't forget to bring canned food for the needy. Soup is always good.

#20 4 years ago

Disregard the buns and sauce for the pork. I am bringing something else easier to manage instead. Thanks to all who PM'ed tho.

#21 4 years ago

See you all there tonight. The Museum is ready to Rock 'n roll for all guests.
    NOTE: If snow/sleet/ freezing rain persists and the dirt road approaching the VFW from the East appears at all icy; I strongly suggest turning back and going North along the paved road to the next paved road and then head West. Then go South and then East to the Museum.

Both Clay and I have lost vehicles in the ditch requiring a 4wd tow truck to bail us out last snow season.

#22 4 years ago

I had an awesome time. Thank you for putting this on, Clay!

#23 4 years ago

Twas a great time indeed with people coming all the way from Colorado I heard. Thanks to Clay and the crew, and of course the many guests that made the night a good one.

Plenty of donated food was gathered up for a local charity and plenty of dishes present for all to munch on. Ok Ok, the games played real nice too.

#24 4 years ago

Over 1000 pounds of canned food gathered at the pinball charity. Thanks guys!!!

#25 4 years ago

Thanks for the invite Clay, I had a great time!

#26 4 years ago

Thanks again Clay. Great to see so many old friends and make new ones!

Video walkthrough of the main room.
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205308238214286&l=5991601931212242609

#27 4 years ago

Cool mick thanks for the video... and that's just the main room. Not the back area or the Annex.

1 month later
    #28 4 years ago

Can't wait for the next event!

10 months later
    #30 3 years ago

video link did not work for me

#31 3 years ago

Is this annual? If so im going to plan to go next year

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 209.99
    $ 19.99
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 10.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside