(Topic ID: 119424)

VFW-AAPM Showcase 2015 - IT'S DONE!!!! :)

By EchoVictor

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2015-04-21-13-18-06.png
    CCC-541.jpg
    tm3.jpg
    TM2.jpg
    Time M.jpg
    Varkon.jpg
    20150226_193324.jpeg
    image-1.jpg
    20150516_184642.jpg
    20150516_184226.jpg
    20150516_184208.jpg
    sttng.JPG
    image-689.jpg
    image-154.jpg
    image.jpg
    dominos2.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago

Some people are asking, "why the game pics, was that needed? No other show does that." Well we feel having pics give people a better idea of games (opposed to just a list) and features.

For example we have every colordmd available for our games. You can see that in the pictures. For some people that's a big deal. Also you can get a general idea of game condition. We have pretty decent games but everyone's idea of "good" is different. So the pictures help with that.

It's our feeling there shouldn't be a "crap shoot" when going to a show. That you should have a good idea of what to expect, and game quantity and quality are paramount to nearly every show goer. We really try to make the show experience excellent. Limiting attendance so the people to game ratio is equatable and headphone jacks on many games goes a long way to that end.

2 months later
    #52 8 years ago

The museum will have glass for sale at $25/sheet. but i doubt it will be wide body stuff sorry. just not much call for it and storing glass (that doesn't get used or sell) is a hassle.

#97 8 years ago

Me and the mrs go to Zingerman's a lot. We have dinner for less than $20 for the two of us. You just have to know what to order. Also their coffees and assorted drinks are incredible. We don't get the big sandwiches because they are just too much food and calories. (If Zings goes over 100 employees they will be required to post calories for their sandwiches, which they don't want to do. Probably because when you find out that nice sandwich has like 2000 calories, you probably won't buy it!)

#179 8 years ago

There should be no problem getting tickets on Sunday. But come early.

#209 8 years ago

I agree on Kevin's statement. We can't fix what we don't know is broken.
    The biggest problem frankly is stuck balls. Most people just walk away. Then the next person comes along, and tries to start a game, and it won't start. System11/Dataeast games are notorious for this, as they won't start if they can't find all the balls. Unlike say most WPC games which compensate for a missing ball, and will still allow the game to play. So what I tell everyone working the show is to look for confused faces, and games left in mid-game, or people "chimp flipping". This usually indicates a problem. Also look for games with credit dots (WPC era.) That keeps this problem to a minimum.

#213 8 years ago

Wico Aftor is notorious for this ball loop between the pop bumper and adjacent rubber issue. At first I thought I should change the position of the rubber just slightly and that would fix the problem. But I didn't think it happen that often... but apparently it does. It doesn't really raise its ugly head until you have a show like this where the game is basically played nonstop all day. Prior to the show I only saw it happen once when we were playing it, for example. It is kind of cool when it happens but if you don't know how to stop it, the game could kill itself!

#226 8 years ago

Thanks everyone for the kind words!
    We are looking for suggestions to make it better next year.

For example, did everyone know that we were open in the Annex all night Saturday? It wasn't just for the campers (though they were the primary participants.) Gary ran some tournaments during the wee hours too. Apparently a good time was had by all. Because when i showed on at 8am Sunday morning, "dead" bodies were found in the the chair/tables set up in between the buildings, complete with beers in hand. Go figure.

Also do we need to add a shower next to the porta-potties for the campers? And does this need to expand to Friday night too?

Just ideas, no promises...

#237 8 years ago

There were 1/4 pound angus burgers available at the show. just you had to know they were there, and ask for them. we were testing the concept and hence they were on the "secret" menu.

#252 8 years ago

the pitch and bat is still there.
    please come buy it.

#254 8 years ago

all pieces there, not working.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vfw-aapm-showcase-2015-game-pictures-are-up?tu=cfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.