(Topic ID: 119424)

VFW-AAPM Showcase 2015 - IT'S DONE!!!! :)

By EchoVictor

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 259 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MotorCityMatt
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 42 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2015-04-21-13-18-06.png
    CCC-541.jpg
    tm3.jpg
    TM2.jpg
    Time M.jpg
    Varkon.jpg
    20150226_193324.jpeg
    image-1.jpg
    20150516_184642.jpg
    20150516_184226.jpg
    20150516_184208.jpg
    sttng.JPG
    image-689.jpg
    image-154.jpg
    image.jpg
    dominos2.gif

There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Toledo and a few other games brought in for showgoers enjoyment. A annex preview snippet.
    IMG_20150514_210007.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Cool, I see Toledo is backed up to Fun-Fest, both from the same era. BTW, the VFW is only about 56 miles from Toledo

#152 4 years ago

Show goers...
    there is ROAD CONSTUCTION at I-96 and US-23
    Lanes shifts and possible lane closures...drive with care.

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

there is ROAD CONSTUCTION at I-96 and US-23

Blah!

Glad I'll be coming up 23 the other way.

#154 4 years ago

The orange barrels are NOT pop bumpers!

#155 4 years ago

Zero hour!

See y'all at the VFW!

Rob
    Creditdotpinball.com

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Cool, I see Toledo is backed up to Fun-Fest,

F*@* Fest

#157 4 years ago

And so it begins.....

The 2015 Vintage Flipper World Showcase is now officially underway!

Folks playing in the EM tourney;

20150515_122522-638.jpg

20150515_122444-838.jpg

The full festivities start at 4pm tonight.

There are still a few tickets for Friday and Sunday that will be sold at the door on a first-come, first-serve basis, so come on out and join us!

Thanks,
    Eric V.

#158 4 years ago

Live...

1431736755055.jpg
    #159 4 years ago

Anyone have the Results from the VFW EM tournament ???

Who Won ??

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bribo13:

Who Won ??

Mike W. won.

#161 4 years ago

I played so much pinball today my shoulders hurt.

The machines are sublime.

#162 4 years ago

Who Won ??

1st...Wiley with only 1strike which was given to him by ME
    2nd..The Law "Cross"

Think I ended up 4th or 5th.

#163 4 years ago

Nice crowd tonight, it was really laid back which made it pretty cool!

#164 4 years ago

I have 2 sat wristbands available if anyone needs them. My buddy and I got our fill today and plan to head home in the morning. i left them with a friend that will be there in the morning. Message me asap if you want them and I will give you his name. You can paypal me after you get the wristbands from him.

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

I hope you Michigan Badgers or Wolverines or whatever are accepting of us visiting Bucks or Buckeyes or whatever. Don't want beat up and ruin my pinball day........

With a name like Smokey...... i dont think you shall have any problem, as long as you dont mention the other state. But dont expect any $50 handshakes.

#166 4 years ago

Getting ready to get on the road now.
    Going to be a great day!

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I have 2 sat wristbands available if anyone needs them. My buddy and I got our fill today and plan to head home in the morning. i left them with a friend that will be there in the morning. Message me asap if you want them and I will give you his name. You can paypal me after you get the wristbands from him.

Anyone need 2 tickets for today? $50 bucks for the pair. Talk to eric when you get there and he will take care of getting them to you. Pm me and you can just paypal me.

#168 4 years ago

Fantastic collection. Check out the pop bumper action on the Wico Af-Tor. Unbelievable.

Rob
    Creditdotpinball.com

#169 4 years ago

Thanks to Clay Eric and all the staff I had a great time again this year

Pic of the first one eliminated from the tournament - me. Lol

Thanks for the prize bucket

image.jpg
    #170 4 years ago

Had a blast there last night! thanks Clay and Eric and all the helpers!

#171 4 years ago

Had an amazing time! I can say 100% that if what you want to do it play some of the BEST playing examples of games in the entire world all in 1 place then this is a MUST see and experience place.

I do not really think of this as a 'show' in the traditional sense as it is much less social, vendor, etc and ALL about playing pinball. Just an amazing collection of finely playing games from many eras and makers.

feedback >> Clay, you need more 80s gottliebs
    other thing that I noticed was that some games had super cheap cool white LEDs in GI. I am one of those people that struggle with strobbing and unfortunately cheap LEDs made it impossible for me to play a few games. Please see if Art at Comet pinball will make you a deal on some warm white or "sunlight" frosted LEDs and drop those in games. They are the best/most similar to standard bulbd and great color with no hot spots. Also more enjoyable when playing with a friend so no shine from the side with nice frosted bulbs.

This is a GREAT collection and experience. Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks to all the volunteers. Todd, Clay, Rob, Eric and all the ones I do not know by name. You were all amazing, nice, and did a great job!!!

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

Fantastic collection. Check out the pop bumper action on the Wico Af-Tor. Unbelievable.
    Rob
    Creditdotpinball.com

That was some crazy action on that one. Was a fun one to play

#173 4 years ago

This is an amazing place to play some pinball. Thanks to everyone who helped put it together!!!

#174 4 years ago

Such a great time. Thanks to all who help put this on and especially Clay, for opening up his amazing collection to us.

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

Rob
    Creditdotpinball.com

That game was really hard

#176 4 years ago

Was a fantastic time. Wish I lived closer to help out all the time. Thank you Clay.

#177 4 years ago

Eric/Clay,

Just had the day open up to attend on Sunday, are tickets at the door still possible?

Would hate to drive 4 hours and get shut out.

Thanks,

Rody

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

Eric/Clay,
    Just had the day open up to attend on Sunday, are tickets at the door still possible?
    Would hate to drive 4 hours and get shut out.
    Thanks,
    Rody

Would like to know as well. My wife and I are coming and didn't do presell tickets because of last minute babysitting arrangements. You have an estimate of how many tickets are open?

#179 4 years ago

There should be no problem getting tickets on Sunday. But come early.

#180 4 years ago

I stand corrected in that the Toledo is backed up to Swinger (Same cabinet artwork as well as the playfield) instead of Fun-Fest. The Toledo was sold today and picked up. Coincidentally, The Swinger is also for sale by one of the VFW members. I believe the Swing Reel is not advancing at the moment (Probably a contact on the score motor or on a relay) but otherwise plays well. It is available at a good price. Backglass is in good shape as well as the whole machine. Also, one of the VFW members has a Midway Flash Baseball for sale as well at a pretty good price for a Pitch-N-Bat at the beginning of baseball season.

#181 4 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

There should be no problem getting tickets on Sunday. But come early.

Thanks Clay, will be there at 10 when the doors open

rody

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from nutshell79:

Pic of the first one eliminated from the tournament - me. Lol

Dude If I had known that bucket was for first out I would have taken a dive!

#183 4 years ago

I'll be there tomorrow. Can't wait!

#184 4 years ago

I got the Toledo. Thanks gravitar. Wish I could have left it until the end of the show for everyone tomorrow to enjoy too, but work sucks! It really cuts in to my pinball time! The show was awesome, its an awesome collection and a great way to do a show. There was always a game open that I wanted to play, got quite a few on BBB and circus Voltaire and cactus canyon! Can't wait till next year!

#185 4 years ago

Had a great time today. Played from 10am - 5 pm. Wish it was more than once a year. Fantastic collection of games and all playing great.

#186 4 years ago

Great time. At what event do you see people literally fix problems when they occur? I don't think a machine was down longer than 10 minutes and most literally less than two.

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Great time. At what event do you see people literally fix problems when they occur? I don't think a machine was down longer than 10 minutes and most literally less than two.

Also many thanks to all attendees that pointed out problems to the "Orange Shirt" staff members when encountered. Can't fix something without knowing about it. Hats off to all involved.

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from JoesCoinOp:

Had a great time today. Played from 10am - 5 pm. Wish it was more than once a year. Fantastic collection of games and all playing great.

No promises, but last year on Thanksgiving, an announcement was made and a no charge event was held on Black Friday. All that was asked was that every person attending bring in one canned good for a Food Bank in Ann Arbor. Some brought several cans and it was a success. All of the VFW members who attended, brought plates of food, snacks and desserts to share with everyone as well.

My son and I came in and made ourselves available for repairs even though we weren't asked to do that; Orange shirts and all. The games held up well so we were able to have fun playing for most of the event.

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'll be there tomorrow. Can't wait!

I recall you were there last year as well. Introduce yourself if possible. Ask any of the "Orange shirts" for Bruce as I'll be there the whole day.

In any event, have a great time.

#190 4 years ago

"I shall never again gaze upon my pathetic collection of B titles".......

#191 4 years ago

Awesome show yesterday, thanks Clay!

#192 4 years ago

A Special thanks to DOMINOS for being our tournament sponsor.
    Dominos provided pizza for lunch and giftcards and other items for prizes.

dominos2.gif
    #193 4 years ago

Just checking in about an hour ago. Clay has the best collection I have ever played since I met him 8 or 9 years ago. This "final destination" of well curated pingames is nothing short of incredible!

Good times!

And this game is awesome! Nice job Pinball Life and friends!

image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg

#194 4 years ago

My hands hurt. I left a few hours early Saturday because they needed an Epsom salt bath. Awesome show, will attend again next year.

#195 4 years ago

Had a great time today, unreal collection of games!! Pinball heaven!!!!

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Dude If I had known that bucket was for first out I would have taken a dive!

If you need a Buffalo Wild Wings fix, they are just up the highway at the Lee road exit. The manager put the basket together for me to give away, before I knew of the Domino's sponsorship. Then I suggested to Clay that we make the basket the award for the first one out. The rest of the door prizes went out random except 2nd place got a Domino's gift card. Hope everyone had fun playing in the tourney. Going out early also meant more playing time in the main building.

#197 4 years ago

Just pure awesomeness!!! We had a blast. Thanks Clay and crew for the fun filled pinball day. Already looking forward to next year.

#198 4 years ago

23 hours of pinball............ one tired ole man here......

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from JDubbbs:

23 hours of pinball............ one tired ole man here......

At least you won the PinGolf! (that people witnessed)

#200 4 years ago

Once again, we (the LOPL crew) had an awesome time on the Saturday. 10am-9pm.
    Thanks Clay and Eric and all the Orange shirts!

When do tickets go on sale for next year?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 30.00
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ULEKstore
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 44.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside