(Topic ID: 350957)

VFW 2024 Pinball Show, Largest in the World! Play 525+ Pin Games

By cfh

5 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FC shirt (resized).jpg
    chinamilk (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20240505_212821.jpg
    c2 (resized).jpg
    c1 (resized).jpg
    20240504_200346 (resized).jpg
    20240504_164624.jpg
    20240504_163914.jpg
    20240504_164614.jpg
    20240504_163951.jpg
    20240504_163906.jpg
    20240504_163856.jpg
    20240504_163847.jpg
    20240504_163751.jpg
    20240504_163850.jpg
    There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 74 days ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I still don't know how Rob defies the laws of physics with that hair.
    I swear it gets bigger every year.

And the camo shorts get slightly longer. Finally morphed into pants by Sunday.

#152 74 days ago

REPAIR STATS.
    Our QR code system keeps pretty good stats on repairs. here's the report summary...

NOTE on Saturday vfwpinball.com was hacked! at one point we were selling chinese milk on our website. while we were doing a restore, they were simultaneously hacking our unhack. it was frustrating, and it made the QR system and our custom pinball tournament system not run. So the stats on Saturday are probably light, since for about a third of the day the system was not running.

Total Issues Reported: 314
    Friday VIP party issues: 38
    Saturday issues: 134
    Sunday issues: 143

Game Problem Resolutions (aka Repairs):
    5 minutes or less: 22% (70)
    10 minutes or less: 47% (148)
    30 minutes or less: 78% (247)
    120 minutes or less: 95% (305)

Some random report observations
    Stuck balls: 117
    No ball/missing ball: 54 (aka stuck ball issues)
    Other Issues: 53
    Flipper issues: 22
    No Credits: 17 (Zaccaria, Gottlieb system1, some classic Sterns, games without free play)
    Switch issues: 15
    Game reset: 12

At the end of the show, out of almost 530 games, we had *one* game that could not be repaired (unplayable) during the show... a 1960 Bally Skill Derby game, where the horse motor burned, and it will require significant effort to repair.

We are very proud of these numbers.

chinamilk (resized).jpgchinamilk (resized).jpg

#153 74 days ago
    Quoted from cfh:

REPAIR STATS.
    Our QR code system keeps pretty good stats on repairs. here's the report summary...
    NOTE on Saturday vfwpinball.com was hacked! at one point we were selling chinese milk on our website. while we were doing a restore, they were simultaneously hacking our unhack. it was frustrating, and it made the QR system and our custom pinball tournament system not run. So the stats on Saturday are probably light, since for about a third of the day the system was not running.
    No Credits: 17 (Zaccaria, Gottlieb system1, some classic Sterns, games without free play)
    At the end of the show, out of almost 530 games, we had *one* game that could not be repaired (unplayable) during the show... a 1960 Bally Skill Derby game, where the horse motor burned, and it will require significant effort to repair.
    [quoted image]

Not all heroes wear capes.

#154 74 days ago
    Quoted from cfh:

REPAIR STATS.
    [quoted image]

These numbers of course are just a portion of the actual numbers as a bunch of stuff never even hits the QR codes.
    People flag us down all the time for suck balls(sic) & a quick solder fix.

#155 74 days ago

So, are you VFW or Ann Arbor Pinball Museum

Some sort if tax shelter by being a museum as opposed to a private collection?
    I can't be the only only wondering.

Heard they may be another building on the horizon....

#156 74 days ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

... Ann Arbor Pinball Museum
    Some sort if tax shelter

There are tax breaks?!?!

#157 74 days ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:So, are you VFW or Ann Arbor Pinball Museum

Yes.

#158 74 days ago

And pretty sure there's some Tilt Town sprinkled in

#159 74 days ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

Not all heroes wear capes.

But they do drink chinese milk

#160 74 days ago
    Quoted from gutz:

But they do drink chinese milk

PM baby....Panda Milk.

#161 74 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And "the other building on the horizon" will be named Flipper City.....

#162 74 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

PM baby....Panda Milk.

I think those milk photos were some of the bonus gifts from when Clay closed out those Genuine VFW LED'S aboot five years ago.

#163 73 days ago

VFW stands for Vintage Flipper World. it's a play on words, since it was previously an old Veteran of Foreign Wars hall.
    not sure why people are confused about this...

the thing i'm upset about was not getting the tank when i bought the building. the tank pad is still there (just outside the snack shack), but they sold the tank before i took possession of the building.

#164 73 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

These numbers of course are just a portion of the actual numbers as a bunch of stuff never even hits the QR codes.
    People flag us down all the time for suck balls(sic) & a quick solder fix.

This is what I do, coming from Canada I'm too cheap to pay for data in the US, so I always flag someone down when we run into a problem. This year was great though, we played 66 different games this trip, primarily EM's only had 2 issues. We blew a post out of the playfield on the Motor Show and I was shocked to see it back up and running in what felt like less than 20 minutes. Had never seen that game before, felt bad when the post came out and called someone over before any more damage was done with a screw floating around on the playfield.

#165 73 days ago

Great collection of games in great condition. Thanks for opening it up to the public.

I tried a couple of times on Sunday to play Junkyard and it seemed like it was having a 5 volt reset issue. Happened each time you got multiball. Game reset and was back to being fine, then would go down again once you hit multiball.

Definitely more issues resolved without needing to be reported. No keys needed for the coin doors... so when I noticed Terminator 2 wasn't on free play, I just went into the settings and put it back to where it was meant to be. Problem solved

#166 73 days ago
    Quoted from roar:

This is what I do, coming from Canada I'm too cheap to pay for data in the US, so I always flag someone down when we run into a problem. This year was great though, we played 66 different games this trip, primarily EM's only had 2 issues. We blew a post out of the playfield on the Motor Show and I was shocked to see it back up and running in what felt like less than 20 minutes. Had never seen that game before, felt bad when the post came out and called someone over before any more damage was done with a screw floating around on the playfield.

I was the one who fixed the Motor Show, so thanks for the heads up on that one, it was much appreciated. The hardest part was pulling the lockbar off the darn thing. I asked Clay how he wanted it fixed as I didn't want to do something ill advised to his rare Motor Show, and he said drill through the playfield and t-nut it on the backside (eliminating the wood screw). I was like "Are you sure", and he was, so I was over there in short order with a drill, drilling through the playfield and t-nutting the backside. That post isn't coming loose again! Pinball adventures in the Marv (The Marv is what we call that that building).

#167 73 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

And "the other building on the horizon" will be named Flipper City.....

FC shirt (resized).jpgFC shirt (resized).jpg
    #168 73 days ago

Isn't this show planned the same weekend as pinfest?

#169 73 days ago

When is the next event? I would love to attend one of these.

#170 73 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

and just a reminder for the club members, I hear that the QR system is back up 

#171 73 days ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

and just a reminder for the club members, I hear that the QR system is back up

I'm gonna check my phone right now.

#172 73 days ago
    Quoted from AlexRogan84:

...Junkyard and it seemed like it was having a 5 volt reset issue. Happened each time you got multiball.

Uff, that & Doctor Whom are real problem children

#173 73 days ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

When is the next event? I would love to attend one of these.

Same.

I thought i saw it was last weekend? But not sure.

#174 73 days ago

I was surprised to see all the games unlocked. Made it very convenient for me to take care of minor things like a game having no credits without having to flag somebody down. Wonder if there have been any issues with people monkeying with the games that lead to a warning or them getting kicked out?

#175 73 days ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

I was surprised to see all the games unlocked. Made it very convenient for me to take care of minor things like a game having no credits without having to flag somebody down. Wonder if there have been any issues with people monkeying with the games that lead to a warning or them getting kicked out?

Sure is nice when no keys are needed. I adjusted the volume on that same T2 that I switched back over to free play because it was considerably louder than the ones around it.

Come to think of it, I should have upped the volume a little on the Funhouse V2 Rudy's Nightmare one when I played it. First time I had ever seen or played one and you couldn't really hear it well with all the other game noise around. Cool update kit. Not sure I'd get it for my own though. Loved seeing the Pedretti kit on Bride of Pinbot as well. I had not expected to see that one. Loads and loads of games I had never seen before and finally got to try. I had forever thought Black Rose looked like it'd be the coolest game to get. I played it and enjoyed it, but don't think I'd pursue getting one. Pretty rare chance to play a ton of games and add ones or subtract ones from your "wishlist". Glad I got to go.

#176 73 days ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

Actually, if you look at the fine print on the VFW posters hanging around the place, opening coin doors is forbidden unless you're an orange or red shirt VFW member, with the ultimate penalty of dismissal from the show. If I see someone doing it I have to stop them and inform them that it's not allowed. So just an FYI, contact an orange/red shirt.

#177 73 days ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Actually, if you look at the fine print on the VFW posters hanging around the place, opening coin doors is forbidden unless you're an orange or red shirt VFW member, with the ultimate penalty of dismissal from the show. If I see someone doing it I have to stop them and inform them that it's not allowed. So just an FYI, contact an orange/red shirt.

Oops

#178 73 days ago

Thanks for the reminder. I did not see that notice. I know one of the guys did a little intro at the front door about how the show runs and using the QR code for problems. If I had of seen the forbidden part of opening coin doors I never would have considered it. Good thing to make sure people know.

One thing I noticed but didn't put a ticket in for was on the regular Funhouse (I think it was on the regular one and not the V2 game). There was something screwy going on when you hit the ramp shot and it came back to the left flipper. It would do that just as expected, but when it got to the corner above the pop bumpers, I think maybe the two switches are reversed because it made the sound for the steps award shooter lane and lit up the blue steps insert in the shooter lane and opened the little swing gate arm. This is after the diverter arm spot so the ball still came back to the flipper, but the game thought it was going to the steps award lane. A buddy of mine had a similar issue and all it was was underneath the playfield the two connectors got mixed up. Both of those switches use the same size and style of connector. I think this must be the case on the Funhouse there if someone wanted to check on it.

#179 73 days ago

Something minor on the Party Zone as well... the little plastic piece right at the top of the game where the ball comes back out from after a ramp shot needs to be rotated out of the way by just a small amount. The tip of that plastic was grazing the ball as it went by and a couple of times it was enough to get it to wobble off the ramp and fall down into the pop bumpers.

#180 73 days ago

I have/had that shirt!

#181 73 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I have/had that shirt!

I still wear it and the Tilt Town shirt. Good times those were (while they lasted).

#182 73 days ago

The skyline on that shirt is actually an artist’s rendition of VFW when it has finally expanded to contain every pinball machine model ever made.

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.