• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Crrispy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hello,

I've upgraded my CPU and display T3 roms to 4.00.
Pin works 100% without any error, the 3 door buttons are physically working, I can enter the portals menus, navigate in them in all ways, etc...

BUT....
- Pressing the service credit button in attract mode does nothing
- It is not possible to change any setting in the settings menu. I can go to any setting, but when trying to press + or -, it does nothing. The button IS recognized because when pressed, the "+" or "-" stop blinking on the screen. But the parameters don't change and no button sound is emitted.

This is very weird and I never experienced this on any Whitestar. Of course I've tried a factory reset, no change...

If anybody know how to fix this, I'll be grateful.

Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

Found the problem. Something wrong in the cabling of the memory protect door switch, does not react if opened or not. I removed its cable from CN6 on the cpu and now it works. Quick and dirty fix, I'll fix it properly later

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/very-weird-problem-on-a-t3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.