Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mcc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Had some family over this weekend, and HS played flawlessly.

Went to play a game tonight, and upon start up (before the game would even boot and go into game over mode) I got the knocker firing constantly, as well as 'adjust switch 43' flashing constantly.

Needless to say, I am sort of stumped. Going to disconnect knocker of course to start and go from there, but ANY ideas on what I could possibly be looking for??

#2 10 years ago

Switch 43 stuck closed ?

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Switch 43 stuck closed ?
LTG : )

That is what I am assuming. I had an email from a buddy saying the constant knock is an Operator alert? I have never heard/seen this happen, and I will be honest it scared the hell out of me!

Plus side: Not a huge thing to fix.

Down side: Taking out the HS ramp is not as easy as it looks!

#4 10 years ago

It's a system 11 game so the knocker on switch failure (also known as a credit dot) is set via adjustment #50 Switch Alarm Knocker, if you don't want it to knock when a switch fails, turn OFF adjustment 50. Else it will knock like that (to get to ops attention) when a switch is broke.
The knocker noise is normal and NOT a malfunction when it is set to yes.

Switch #43 is the right ramp diverter switch. It's the right switch at the top back of the black ramp just to the left of the right habit trail. This switch is broken on your machine (see wiring, diodes, wireform, etc.)

A switch error happens when a switch hasn't worked in 30 or more games.

Fix the switch and make the error go away. Even with Adjustment 50 off, it will still pause and make a siren noise from the speakers at boot for the broken switch until repaired.

#5 10 years ago

I get that when non-pin people come and play, they don't hit all the switches, then after 30 games or so without hitting that switch you get that warning on startup. Whenever that happens I just ask my girlfriend to play, she's damn good at clearing the errors and credit dots.

#6 10 years ago

I am assuming the switch somehow got smacked and is now shut closed, as it was working fine on Sat. Gonna have to dig in and take care of business!

#7 10 years ago

If "Constantly" means "7 times whenever I turn the game on or go in to test/audit mode" then yes, that's the Operator Alert feature, and means switch 43 (right ramp) is either stuck closed or open. You needn't disconnect the knocker, just set ADJ 50 SW. ALARM KNOCKER to NO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/very-weird-hs-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.