Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Turkey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2014-04-21 at 10.08.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-04-21 at 10.08.07 PM.png
Scared Stiff 1.jpg
Scared Stiff 2.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Accepting reasonable offers

This one is pretty rare, so please don't lowball if you're interested =)

Scared Stiff 1.jpg Scared Stiff 2.jpg
#2 5 years ago

whaz yer price ?

#3 5 years ago

Feel free to make an offer?

#4 5 years ago

How do we know whether we're lowballing or not without an asking price ?

#6 5 years ago

Wonder why they drilled the hole so the deadhead is sideways?

#7 5 years ago

$10.25

#8 5 years ago

I wondered the same about the hole myself.

This piece is a pretty rare find, there are only
2 listed on eBay, and one of them is mine...
I'm asking $69.99 obo, the other is asking
$74.99 obo.

I'm not expecting to fetch that much, but I'm
sure the right collector will pay decently for it =)

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Turkey:

This piece is a pretty rare find, there are only
2 listed on eBay, and one of them is mine...
I'm asking $69.99 obo, the other is asking
$74.99 obo.

Hi. True. But I've seen them sell as low as $29.99. There was one on for $45 and it actually went cheaper. For me, it's not a "must have" thing....but pretty cool...

#10 5 years ago

aight....$10.50.

#12 5 years ago

yzfguy wants it pretty bad

#13 5 years ago

There's a photo of that plastic on the BAA site as part of the SS plastic set they sell. I just got one of those plastic sets but the keychain plastic was not this one despite what was in the photo. I like the one it came with better but until I saw that photo and now this post, I had never seen a keychain plastic for SS before.

#14 5 years ago

I looked all over BAA, but wasn't able to find the set you're talking about. Would you be able link it for me, thanks!

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Turkey:

I looked all over BAA, but wasn't able to find the set you're talking about. Would you be able link it for me, thanks!

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-SS31-2579-SET

Chris

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

There's a photo of that plastic on the BAA site as part of the SS plastic set they sell. I just got one of those plastic sets but the keychain plastic was not this one despite what was in the photo. I like the one it came with better but until I saw that photo and now this post, I had never seen a keychain plastic for SS before.

Contact BAA as it should come with the full set.

If this one off sells for so much then I shoudl start buying the BAA set and split them up to sell

#17 5 years ago

Ahhh thanks, I wasn't looking at the playfield sets. It also looks like those are reproductions, but using the same...everything. I wonder if the keyfob is reproduced in those?

Regardless, I know the piece that I have is a 100% original production as all the ones I have sat in a storage locker for 20+ years.

I had 2 of these(still have 1, but my GF wanted to keep it, sold the other one for $35)
http://buccisarcade.com/mypins/ss/sspromo_b.jpg

1 week later
#18 5 years ago

Bump, still available just waiting to join someones collection =)

#19 5 years ago

ok...$10.55

#21 5 years ago

Oooh. a big shot!

#22 5 years ago

Big Spendas!

1 month later
#23 5 years ago

Bump =)

#24 5 years ago

$15.99. That should weed out the wanna-be's.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Turkey:

Ahhh thanks, I wasn't looking at the playfield sets. It also looks like those are reproductions, but using the same...everything. I wonder if the keyfob is reproduced in those?
Regardless, I know the piece that I have is a 100% original production as all the ones I have sat in a storage locker for 20+ years.

I call shenanigans. SS was made less than 18 years ago. Unless your storage locker has a time machine attachment. But I doubt that.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I call shenanigans. SS was made less than 18 years ago. Unless your storage locker has a Time Machine attachment. But I doubt that.

#27 5 years ago

It wasn't my storage locker, it was one of those people who didn't pay their locker fee's and
someone I know bid on it(and won). This wasn't until last summer, so while that particular one
may have not sat that long(in storage or otherwise) being produced in 1996, they're all still originals.

How do I know they've sat for that long? I had(and sold already) some IFPA championship
shirt pins that were from the early 90's in this lot.

If you can show me a way to prove they aren't, please let me know...I've sold hundreds of
these plastics, even to dealers, and not one person has said any of them were a reproduction.

I know this one is rare, and I really have no problem holding on to it, but will let it go for
the right offer =)

#28 5 years ago

$16.00

#29 5 years ago

This really stretches the "NOS" vs repro plastic debate. Yes, many people prefer the NOS plastic sets, but a NOS key fob vs a repro key fob? Seriously?? Sounds messed up.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Yes, many people prefer the NOS plastic sets, but a NOS key fob vs a repro key fob? Seriously?? Sounds messed up.

Hey!...no one is forcing you to buy!
$17

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hey!...no one is forcing you to buy!
$17

Ok, I'll go $17.50 since it's so rare.

#32 5 years ago

too rich for my blood now

#33 5 years ago

Perhaps I should outline and recreate this in illustrator and sell them for $9.99 a pop. After all, he did provide a high resolution image from both sides at an angle I can worth with.

#34 5 years ago

I could provide you a straight on shot if you'd like?

#35 5 years ago

That would be cool. I was after a set of NOS slingshots for $150 a set at the time being, could not justify the keyholder piece for $75, but yes its a nice piece of plastic.

I'm going to do some vector work to a Bally Atlantis piece I picked up off ebay as it has a nice large logo to work with, time to get my cabinets artwork up to par.

Screen Shot 2014-04-21 at 10.08.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-04-21 at 10.08.19 PM.png

#36 5 years ago

Maybe after mine possibly sells

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside