5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinnut
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

data east batman . worked well for a few months, and one day on starting a game, starts spitting all 3 balls into the shooter lane. also, outhole kicker goes crazy, licking its brains out. if you put the balls in play, and they drain, it kicks them all out again. also, after about the 30 seconds, the knocker goes crazy, knocking way, but never adding credits.

in switch test, all 3 ball trough switches work correctly. shooter lane switch also works as intended. outhole switch too. there are no switch errors. if its going crazy, and i unplug the switch matrix connectors, it will still keep firing the outhole, knocker,

no stray voltage on the matrix connectors, checked with scope. no acid damage. had ver 1.02 software , swapped in rottendog mpu with 1.06 software, its exactly the same. no better, no worse.

it this point, i dont even have a theory what could be wrong. any ideas??

i just though, new anypin ram, but same processor chip . could it be the 6808 ?
game is far away, dont want to go back with out some kind of plan.

thanks

thanks

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Does this happen at the same time any lights are flashing? I had something similar happen on my JP. The game would play fine then coils would start firing at random and keep firing until I ended the game or switched the machine off. In the switch and coil test it didn't happen. I found that the coils were pulsing and the same time the flashers were flashing. I checked my PPB board's K1 relay, and it had some cold solder joints. The relay is responsible for switching the voltage between the coils and bulbs so that 1 transistor can drive both. Reflowed the pins and haven't had the problem since.

thats very interesting. i'll look into that.

thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Apex, NC
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/very-odd-data-east-batman-issue-have-hit-a-wall?tu=pinnut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.