(Topic ID: 18949)

Very Nice TOTAN for sale (or maybe trade)

By twitami

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have decided to change out my collection a bit, and at long last I
think it is time to move out my TOTAN. It is not collector quality,
but it is one of the nicest examples I have ever seen. Everything
works, no issues or problems. All lights upgraded to LEDs--looks
fantastic! Custom Pinball Decals throughout. Cabinet has one ding on
the front left corner (see pics). Playfield is awesome! No wear
anywhere.
I am Elkridge, MD (just south of Baltimore)
$6500.00 or Trade+cash possibly
Mainly would be interested in Capcom or Sega pins, plus cash of
course.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Twitami/Pinballs/
Pick up only.
Brian
PM or email me: twitami at gmail.com

#2 11 years ago

Shazamm!

#3 11 years ago

Another fly by seller.

#4 11 years ago

Ouch! Is Pinside turning into Ebay?

#5 11 years ago

Not a fly by seller at all actually. I have sold off a pin and bought a new one every 2 years or so since I got in the hobby. Timing and market just happen to be good this time. Just like real estate...was

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Not a fly by seller at all actually. I have sold off a pin and bought a new one every 2 years or so since I got in the hobby. Timing and market just happen to be good this time. Just like real estate...was

I think he is saying that because of your karma level. It doesn't show that you spend a whole lot of time here. Maybe you should donate to the site...

#7 11 years ago

But he is right a out the timing : )

#8 11 years ago

lol, now we've went beyond criticizing the PRICE, now we are also criticizing peoples KARMA level? Guys, come on, it's a public site and I wish more people would post their stuff on here. Jeez...

Price might be up there, but TOTANs aren't exactly common.

Good luck on your sale twitami. Ignore the trolls.

#9 11 years ago

No one is criticizing his karma level, I was just pointing out why people were calling him a fly by seller. Just trying to help. Geez, it seems to be pretty hostile in here today.

#10 11 years ago

It's been hot, everyone's cranky

#11 11 years ago

I have been on here and RGP for years, just never posted on this one.

#12 11 years ago

Cool, good luck!

#13 11 years ago

Thanks Cireone. It helps that I actually LIKE Sega pins, they are SO much cheaper, especially now...lol.

#14 11 years ago

It just makes you seem like an opportunist rather than an enthusiast when you never post here and then try to sell something for a high price.

We don't even know if you are a dealer or not.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

We don't even know if you are a dealer or not.

Quoted from twitami:

Doesn't sound like it.

#16 11 years ago

It's not even collector quality at that price? I gotta get out of this hobby!

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Don't worry. I don't see anybody jumping near that price.

#18 11 years ago

Wow, you guys are ruthless. I thought RGP was bad. I am not a dealer...lol. And, if I was an opportunist, how would that matter? I actually searched for prices, and the other two I found recently were the same price, or higher. This pin, along with my 5 others, are all against one wall in my living room.

But what is with the hate DCFAN? If you decided to sell your house, because you move a lot anyway, and at the moment there is a super high real estate market, does that make you a bad guy?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

All CQ/ HE type games will run you about 5K+ in labor, which is added to the cost of the base game, plus parts and other mods/ add-ons.

http://www.kellerpinball.com/

You think 6500 is too much...check out Chad's TOTAN for 15K.

Free Play is not really Free you know

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Wow, you guys are ruthless. I thought RGP was bad. I am not a dealer...lol. And, if I was an opportunist, how would that matter? I actually searched for prices, and the other two I found recently were the same price, or higher. This pin, along with my 5 others, are all against one wall in my living room.
But what is with the hate DCFAN? If you decided to sell your house, because you move a lot anyway, and at the moment there is a super high real estate market, does that make you a bad guy?

I do not hate, I just state facts of how this thread appears.

FYI, if you were a regular poster you would stand a whole lot better chance of finding a buyer here, but I still think your price is high as compared to the going rate based on the condition and there does seem to be some push back recently on older titles.

I will not say anymore on your thread and lets see how it goes. Good luck with the sale.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

All CQ/ HE type games will run you about 5K+ in labor, which is added to the cost of the base game, plus parts and other mods/ add-ons.

http://www.kellerpinball.com/

You think 6500 is too much...check out Chad's TOTAN for 15K.

Free Play is not really Free you know

Chad's had those listed for a long time now. I think he just put them there out of his own collection as a "If you really want one of my high end restores but, I don't really want to sell them" option for his customers. Otherwise you would typically bring a machine to him for restoration. Besides there is no comparison to the machine listed here and a Keller restored pin.

#23 11 years ago

>Mainly would be interested in Capcom or Sega pins, plus cash of
course.<

Someone trades you their Big Bang Bar + cash? Of course that sounds like a fair deal.

Just kidding, but I would agree pretty much any other Sega or Capcom would need some sweetening to make a TOTAN deal.

Nice looking game and I love the look of TOTAN in general. I hear a lot of folks say it is easy (as they do Monster Bash), but I don't think that would be a problem for me and my skill level. Maybe someday I will break into Bally / Williams A game territory, but I'm not quite there yet.

Good luck on the sale.

#24 11 years ago

Dag gone, I never thought to check an ops' karma score before purchasing a pin. Silly me! Yep, got to remember that one for next time.

Supply and demand, boys, not karma scores. Opportunist, enthusiast, newby, rookie, old man, old woman, home collector, route guy, retailer, doesn't matter.

Less blasting may result in more games for sale. We should be thankful for ops for posting games fs here, and anywhere, whether we like the price or not. Don't like the price, interested in the game, make an offer, or move on. Who knows, op may price high expecting to be beat up a little. Most commenters aren't buying the game anyways. (like myself) Pinball is no different than any other commodity. Sometimes we buy, sometimes we pass.

Bump for the seller, and good luck with the sale.

#25 11 years ago

$6500 is a 100% fair price for this condition - the playfield looks great. He'll get it no problem.

#26 11 years ago

getting hard to find heres one i sold about 6 months ago for 6500 regretted selling it but went to good home. good luck with sale. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tales-of-the-arabian-nights

#27 11 years ago

I'm a little shocked by all of the hostility directed toward the seller. There is no rule on Pinside that says you have to have a lot of karma to list something for sale. And people definitely shouldn't be trying to guilt others into donating to the site. Donations are, and always will be strictly voluntary. As for the price, I think he's right on the money. Yes, it's high, but that's what really nice TOTANs are going for these days.

Welcome to Pinside, twitami! Good luck with the sale!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

We should be thankful for ops for posting games fs here, and anywhere, whether we like the price or not. Don't like the price, interested in the game, make an offer, or move on.

I agree with that and apologize for my part in the blasting, there is no place for that sort of thing here. The heat must be making me cranky. Good luck with your sale.

#29 11 years ago

Thanks for the positive words everyone. I got a lot of interest, will probably be gone this weekend from one of them. And quite a few said I probably priced it to low actually.

Now where are those 5 MM I bought in the late 90s...

#30 11 years ago

When you've been on this site for a bit it helps us know you and your reputation in general, which of course leads to deeper trust in a high priced machine sale like this.

#31 11 years ago

not that easy a machine to come by, looked a long time to find one locally and it might never leave my collection

#32 11 years ago

The pictures on this look really good. The machine is worth at least close to this. I think the hate in this thread is totally unwarranted. If the price is too high then the machine simply won't sell.

#33 11 years ago

Post it on E-Bay. Only 2 TOTANs have been listed in the last year so the odds of a sale are good.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Theres alot of price police here these days. Take it with a grain of salt...

I have been noticing if it is a highly desired title like TOTAN is, you will get people coming out of the woodworks crapping your price. I wonder why

Welcome to Pinside and good luck on your sale!

#35 11 years ago

Thought we made new pins users welcome.......

Hey, welcome, and thanks for posting it here, good luck!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Here here...

#37 11 years ago

I thought I remembered BigLaw putting up that beauty of a Totan...I haven't seen the pics of this one because it won't load on my out of town slow speed.....

IMHO, I like to play Totan, CV and MB when I'm at Pinballz....a quick fix, they might be a tad easy for full time play?....Never owned em so not sure...

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

When you've been on this site for a bit it helps us know you and your reputation in general, which of course leads to deeper trust in a high priced machine sale like this.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Sorry if my words were mis-interpreted.

#39 11 years ago

Welcome to Pinside Twitami. You might want to add a location - at least a state.

#40 11 years ago

Oh, good idea. Thanks Stargazer

#42 11 years ago

Game is sold, thanks for the support all.

#43 11 years ago

congrats on sale

#45 11 years ago

3000+ made so if you want one its not a bad deal. A tad high now but maybe not 1 year from now.

Congrats on the sale.

Totan is a great game and no doubt one of the best looking titles.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

X2

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 119.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/very-nice-totan-for-sale-or-maybe-trade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.