• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by nsduprr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6C04FE4E-040B-48DD-AC14-278E7FD56ACA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolverinetuner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 1 year ago

I’m presently going through a Space Mission. I found that the match unit was gunked up and stuck. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a separate Jones plug for easy removal. But I cleaned the inside gears and also the outer printed circuit boards with a toothbrush dipped in 91% isopropyl alcohol, then lubed the circuit boards with Super Lube, and it mechanically works now.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikala:

It’s a crucial stepper unit, it rotates the inserts and rollovers on the playfield.

I concur. The unit does more than simply control the number match. It also contains an alternating switch that impacts gameplay. I recently purchased a Rancho that lacks the alternating switch cam in the match unit. I haven’t gone through that machine yet, but the alternating switch is important enough that I have also bought a used match unit that was on eBay so I can have that cam.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolverinetuner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/very-loud-clicking?tu=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.