7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by HighProtein
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

you-rock.jpg
    Salma12.JPG

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

I am very glad to see people saying very nice things about Pinside.
    Pinside is the best place to be!!
    http://rgparchive.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?t=392261

#2 7 years ago

its great to be part of such a great community. i dont post on rgp. i have checked it out a few times,and i found a lot of venom from some members that fortunately does not exist here.
    the format here is far superior to that of rgp imo.

#3 7 years ago

I have been enjoying Pinside for a while now and thought it would be good to let the people over at RGP know about it.

Someone thought I might have interest in this site and I do not .

RGP is great and has a ton of info and a lot of my friends hang out there.

Pinside = A fun place to hang out .

Jim

#4 7 years ago

I saw that thread. Good words form most. I prefer Pinside!

#5 7 years ago

Pinsider here for sure, i probly spend 90% of my time here and 10% over at rgp. I also just seen this thread over there too. very intersting reading peeps opinions.

#6 7 years ago

I started out on Pinside and really never had a reason to go elsewhere I enjoy the Pinside community.

#7 7 years ago

Pinside is the future.

Hey RGP, 1997 called and wants its community back.

#8 7 years ago

A lot of bleed over between groups, this is a relatively small hobby.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I started out on Pinside and really never had a reason to go elsewhere I enjoy the Pinside community.

Agreed

#10 7 years ago

Pinside is the only place I call home. Great people, great format, great times!

#11 7 years ago

Did RGP get a new format? The last time I went there it was nothing like the Pinballbash server.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Pinside is the only place I call home. Great people, great format, great times!

Nimblepin is the best non moderator,moderator on pinside ! This thread might need a pictures soon .

Jim

#13 7 years ago

Those were some nice things said

but they were all true!

#14 7 years ago

Pinside has definitely been gaining some serious momentum lately. Some people don't like moderated forums, and this will always keep certain people away, but I strongly feel it's one of the main reasons Pinside has thrived. I enjoy reading RGP, and I check it out almost every day, but you have to be willing to sift through a lot of crap to get to the good stuff.

When I first got into the hobby, I randomly stumbled upon Pinside and took an immediate liking to it. Robin has poured his heart and soul into this site, and it is clearly evident. I noticed that some people over on RGP were perplexed by our efforts to get Robin a pin. I suppose this would seem a bit strange to someone unfamiliar with the sense of community here. To anyone that frequents Pinside, however, it makes all the sense in the world.

#15 7 years ago

Nimblepin's boobie pictures keep me coming back

#16 7 years ago

Thanks for posting about pinside, Jim!

#17 7 years ago

I often check out RGP also and that was my first PB site. Not sure how I discovered Pinside, but the difference is remarkable as there is less sanctimonious BS and a lot less acrimony, not nearly the number of trolls, equally good advice on issues, great links, and, of course, Nimblepin's boobie pics.
    the other Skip

#18 7 years ago

I love it here. I started here. Don't even remember if I remember my RGP username and password; only signed up for it because I wanted to read a thread or two that was linked on here....

#19 7 years ago

Sealclubber pointed me here. I did find RPG before and used to visit it at times but there is a lot of chaff to get through. I just find it easier to share info here.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

When I first got into the hobby, I randomly stumbled upon Pinside and took an immediate liking to it. Robin has poured his heart and soul into this site, and it is clearly evident. I noticed that some people over on RGP were perplexed by our efforts to get Robin a pin. I suppose this would seem a bit strange to someone unfamiliar with the sense of community here. To anyone that frequents Pinside, however, it makes all the sense in the world. []

Amen!

#21 7 years ago

The number of posts were mentioned, is there a place we can see the amount of traffic here? just curious.

I remeber during the contest Robin posted the numbers once.

#22 7 years ago

Stealing the thunder eh?

You really should give their weather patterns back. Don't know why you would want their thunder anyway since it comes with lightning, which is one of my worst fears for my machine.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

Stealing the thunder eh?

Maybe I should have used a different term? Anyways,it is a solid topic over there today with over 50 replies !

I think both sites are great and I am just excited that Pinside is being noticed by some of the best people in the hobby .

Jim

#24 7 years ago

Pinside FTW~!

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

I am just excited that Pinside is being noticed by some of the best people in the hobby .

+1

#26 7 years ago

Pinside FTW~!

Salma agrees!

Salma12.JPG

Two thumbs up Robin!
    Thanks for the kind words honda, jim, etc... I am always here to help!

#27 7 years ago

I saw the thread on rgp as well. I don't care for the remarks about the project robin. I hope that I've not offended anyone by posting thank you's to your avatars. In the beginning many of you were posting for yourselves that you had donated. I just started posting those to build mementun. I figured no harm since real names and dollar amounts were not involved. If you'd rather I did not do that I won't. I figured it was no different then the hearts we get for donating to the site. Thanks gang!
    CG

#28 7 years ago

I found Pinside back in 2008 when I was expanding my collection, and loved the rankings and comments sections for the machines. The forums weren't very active back then, so I would go lurk at RGP. I also would go to RGP for tech help, and still do search the archives there for repair info. I didn't have any clue how active this forum had gotten until recently. There is no comparison for me between the two, now. RGP is where I go for large, global searches for obscure tech help or to expand a search for something I am trying to find. Pin side is where I go to chat with other pinheads.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Did RGP get a new format? The last time I went there it was nothing like the Pinballbash server.

It is impossible for RGP to get a "new format". It is a Usenet group.

The only thing that can be changed is the way that you access that Usenet group.

I saw your post in that thread, and it appears that you posted through RGPArchive.com, which is a portal/gateway to RGP that uses the V-Bulletin format, which I personally love. Basically RGPArchive.com takes all the usenet posts from RGP and re-posts them on their server via V-bulletin software.

#30 7 years ago

Those trash-talking Pinside on RGP know they wouldn't last very long on a moderated forum. As many have all ready said, PS is community focused.

#31 7 years ago

This site has taken off in the last few months. It was always a great resource and full of potential. The only thing it was missing was the people. Now that a bunch of nice folk have decided to post here, there is a great community and fun place to hang out!

#32 7 years ago

I don't like RGP - too hostile, too many egos. Pinside offers a better experience especially since the site is fully featured with users collections and the database.

#33 7 years ago

A group is only as good as its members. I've connected with a ton of good people on RGP. I've had issues but the only real problem was resolved by that person being run off. Ironically guess where they landed?

Neither site is a bed of roses but I've had more vile exchanges directed at me here than there.
    I really do appreciate what Robin is trying to do with this site but I would get concerned of too much gets swept under the rug. In a hobby where people show up to strangers homes with 1000s in cash I would like to know that I am at least getting an honest glimpse of someones persona.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

In a hobby where people show up to strangers homes with 1000s in cash I would like to know that I am at least getting an honest glimpse of someones persona.

Very true ! I hope you come to my house someday Taylor !!

Jim

#35 7 years ago

It's all good! Even better in stereo.

#36 7 years ago

Dueling threads. I love it.

I'm fairly new here, been mostly lurking, but understand the pride you guys have with Pinside. You should be proud, you've earned it. But RGP has its positives also and I don't see the need for a rivalry.

Gawd, I hope you guys don't have the spelling police over here...

NimblePin, keeps those sweater puppets coming. : )

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Dueling threads. I love it.

Mr68 is one of the great guys in the pinball hobby! It cool to have such a class act here on Pinside .

Jim

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

But RGP has its positives also and I don't see the need for a rivalry.

I agree, and I don't even really think there is a rivalry. They merely offer two different ways of interacting with others in the hobby. Some will prefer RGP, others Pinside, while many like myself enjoy both.

#39 7 years ago

Is this Nimblepin singing? Poinent for the thread tone.

#40 7 years ago

I avoid rgp for two reasons:
    1. It's outdated (a modern forum is much easier to navigate and search)
    2. no moderation (users can be as rude as they want since there is no consequence other than bad reputation for your username).

#41 7 years ago

The RGP thread has already turned ugly. It only takes one person to ruin a good discussion ..

Jim

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

The RGP thread has already turned ugly

Seen that one coming.

#44 7 years ago

It's no coincidence that the people most in need of moderation are also the most opposed to it.

#45 7 years ago

My 2 cents worth:
    I personally post equally between pinside and the bash and every once in a while on RGP. RGP has its value but, it’s more post at your own risk, whereas the bash and pinside tend to be a bit more civil and one does not have to worry so much as to getting strung up for posting something that others may not 100% agree on.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

Seen that one coming.

Make that +2.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Same here Dude.

#48 7 years ago

I think that for most new players and posters rgp is a bit intimidating. Pinside is more friendly and you feel safer asking ?'s.

#49 7 years ago

Pinsiders Rock

you-rock.jpg

#50 7 years ago

Rascal_H

LOL TOO FUNNY!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    $ 24.25
    Lighting - Other
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 334.95
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 689.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 999.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 163.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside