7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Natetheviking
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 7 years ago

I read this post About an hour ago. 5 min ago I was checking out new apps for my I phone. Found one called ETSY it's an odd vintage shopping app. I searched pinball as my addiction forces me to do. This playfield is there. No name. In rough shape and $120.Strange.

#3 7 years ago

Second look it's not the same. It's real close. But not quite it.

#4 7 years ago

I checked the ETSY web site but didn't see it. Do you have a link. Even if it's not the one, I'm curious.

#5 7 years ago

The first post has the link

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

The first post has the link

No, I was referring to the post from the_pin_family regarding a game for sale on the ETSY web site.

#7 7 years ago

It's an app on my iPhone so I'm not sure there's a link u can give. I'll look.

#8 7 years ago

Just curious, but where did you track down a copy of the film? That's my favorite time period for movies. And who wouldn't want to see Una Merkel play pinball?

#10 7 years ago

I found it here:

http://scootermoviesshop.com

BUT the guy took like six weeks to send it. I checked back a week after I ordered it and he removed the film from his catalog. I emailed him asking him what was up and he said he was having difficulty locating a copy. I basically wrote the whole thing off and then one day it showed up in the mail.

btw, only Otto Kruger plays the game in the film.

Also the dvd didn't come in packaging, just a burned disc. From Googling, TCM has shown it before, and the film is also on their web site, so it's likely a bootleg.

#11 7 years ago

Arguably, that isn't pinball, but is infact Bagatelle. Still, nice find. My mum still has an old bagatelle table in storage.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wizcat:

Arguably, that isn't pinball, but is infact Bagatelle. Still, nice find. My mum still has an old bagatelle table in storage

It certainly strongly resembles traditional Bagatelles. Looking at games of that era, some looked very bagatelle-like while others were fairly radical in design. Jigsaw, for example:

Others had a very art deco look.

From a historical perspective, the crossover point from when pinball was bagatelle and then became pinball is generally regarded to have taken place when glass was put over the top and a coin mechanism was added. (I also submit that it additionally occurred at that time because it was marketed for use in public locations, such as bars and drug stores.) For those reasons, Gottlieb's Baffle Ball, made in 1931, is generally regarded as the first modern pinball machine.

#13 7 years ago

Now with video goodness.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

From a historical perspective, the crossover point from when pinball was bagatelle and then became pinball is generally regarded to have taken place when glass was put over the top and a coin mechanism was added

Convincing argument! I stand corrected. And thanks for posting the video too

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Now with video goodness.
    » YouTube video

Geez stare at boobs in an obvious way. I wonder what the bet was?

#16 7 years ago

I really like this better
    but I love old films

#17 7 years ago

That is exactly the sort of thing I like about those pre-Code movies.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 134.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 115.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    Displays
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside