• Latest reply 8 years ago by kbliznick
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Recently I have been experimenting with attaching a piece of standup target foam to the metal deflector behind the mode start hole as suggested in other posts. I lately found that I get amazing results by attaching the foam instead to the C shaped plastic that covers the hole. At the very front edge, attached underneath as seen in my photo. Actually in my case it's attached to the clear plastic Pinbits protector under the other plastic, but I suspect it would work the same either way. Anyone still having issues with the ball not "sticking" should try this (very easy to install and remove) and let me know what you think.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2 8 years ago

I want to try, hard to tell where you have it in pic. It looks like its on the metal deflector scoop? or somewhere different.

#3 8 years ago

No. That's what's different. It's on the C shaped plAyfield plastic that covers the mode switch hole. Front edge underneath (adhered to the bottom of the plastic piece) so very easy to get to and install. Don't have to remove anything to reach that piece.

#4 8 years ago

It's the grey rectangle above the black thing in the picture.

#5 8 years ago

Correct. Thanks for making that clearer.

#6 8 years ago

I finally found something that works better than anything else for this issue; bend the flat metal deflector into a curved shape.

Most games have a deflector that is a straight line like in the IJ start hole, but some have a curved deflector. I have found that if you use two pair of pliers to bend the deflector into a curved shape it can greatly improve the ball staying put. Have done this on the last 3 IJ games through here. 2 of them resulted in the ball staying in the saucer 100% of the time, the third was greatly improved but still occasionally had bounce outs.

Someone should make and sell a curved replacement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
12,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/very-effective-fix-for-ij-mode-start-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.