(Topic ID: 154291)

Very disappointed with JJP support on my WOZ 75RR

By pezmel

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezmel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I bought my machine new two days before Christmas a couple of months ago. I fell in love with machine as did my family. I noticed a loud hum the machine was producing which was bothersome. On top of that the plunger was being blocked and I was having issues getting balls to fire. I opened this ticket the late that night of receiving my machine. I knew the holidays were busy so I was patient with my ticket. It took support almost two weeks to even respond to my ticket and that was after I called asking for an update.

Fast forward to last month and my machine crashed. When I went to power it on it wouldn't boot and I was getting a red light under the graphics on the screen. I could hear the machine was looping. I tried multiple times to get it power on and it would never complete the boot process. I gave up and thought it might have been a heat issue so I let it cool down. I tried again the next day and it booted. I didn't turn it off and it played rock solid without issue and with a bunch of plays on it.

Once the new code was released I went to update mine and the machine wasn't recognizing the usb key I had previously used on it. I knew a reboot was going to be needed anyway so I rebooted the machine and it wouldn't turn on. This time the boot loop was a little bit different. I didn't see the red light on the screen and I could hear the computer rebooting over and over. I opened a ticket right away that Wednesday evening. After my last experience with support I decided to call the local vendor that I purchased from as well. I explained I had opened a ticket with Jersey Jack and that I had to wait a long time for support from the previous issue. My local supplier is Joystix here in Houston. I spoke with the owner of Joystix and he said he would have his pinball repair guy call me. I was shocked when I was contacted later that night by the Joystix tech and told he could be onsite the next day.

The tech arrives and looks over the machine and decides the screen has gone bad and with newer units if the screen won't power on, the rest of the game won't either. He also mentions he's seen this issue before and he called JJP to call in the part. He couldn't get anyone on the phone so he left a message after trying to call two different times. The Joystix tech said the part would be shipped to them and then they would come out for the install. This was late in the day on a Friday and I didn't expect the part to ship that day. I was disappointed it didn't ship until that following Wednesday. My ticket was never updated from JJP so I called on Wednesday for an update and my call was returned on Thursday. I asked for a tracking number and it was sent later that day.

Support said they were sorry and they were trying to hire additional help but I experienced terrible support twice over the course of three months. Unacceptable for a three month old expensive toy. With that said I love the machine and I'm so happy to bought local. I'm usually one that will do everything possible to save a buck. I bought local because I knew we had a great supplier here in Houston and I knew these machines were complicated and I'm not skilled enough to work on one. I paid a fair price and while not bottom dollar it was worth it to receive outstanding support from Joystix. I don't know if I'll ever buy another JJP machine but whatever I buy you can bet it will be from Joystix.

#26 8 years ago

You nailed it CLG. Due to my inexperience and the cost of the machine I'm extremely nervous to do much of anything except basic troubleshooting. I'm monkey-handed I'm the king of the over-torque. None of this was an issue with my topic but it's a great point.

With all that said, I LOVE this machine. It's been a rough two weeks not coming to Dorothy's rescue.

#31 8 years ago

Thanks all. I've emailed Jen as she requested and my reseller is taking care of the issues so I should be good. Hopefully I'll soon resume my streak of not killing the witch and choking every time I activate that mode.

#33 8 years ago

Oddly enough that is why I bought my machine locally in the first place. Joystix had a bunch of the newer machines at the local arcade expo. It was awesome being able to play all the new stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezmel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/very-disappointed-with-jjp-support-on-my-woz-75rr?tu=pezmel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.