(Topic ID: 154291)

Very disappointed with JJP support on my WOZ 75RR

By pezmel

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

I have never had a problem with support from JJP. It has been great.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I do see both sides of it but when you're $9000+ proud of the games you sell, the support should be stellar.
I work for a retailer and prices are higher for the tech support and warranty/parts offered.
You win most, and lose on a few. That's just how business operates. Hopefully you're selling a product you feel will be reliable.
In JJP's case as far as WoZ [can't comment on Hobbit] there's an abundance of glitches and weird problems that plagued early games and games in certain time blocks of manufacture.
The ones we've sold locally, have been very reliable in home use. Lots we've never heard a peep out of the customers.
Sounds like tech support [department - not people] needs to improve and be way more responsive.

If JJP offers white glove tech support that 9k game is going to cost 10k+. I think one of the challenges JJP has here is they are bringing new people into the hobby that may not be as comfortable troubleshooting and fixing things and expect someone to do it for them as they paid a lot for their game. Doing more with support means we all pay more for the games.

I don't have a JJP distributor in New Zealand so really all I care about is being able to get parts (no problems there) and I have emailed Lloyd before to confirm my diagnosis all good, again excellent response. Plenty responsive from my standpoint and really all I ask for.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from pezmel:

You nailed it CLG. Due to my inexperience and the cost of the machine I'm extremely nervous to do much of anything except basic troubleshooting. I'm monkey-handed I'm the king of the over-torque. None of this was an issue with my topic but it's a great point.
With all that said, I LOVE this machine. It's been a rough two weeks not coming to Dorothy's rescue.

We were all there once and I totally understand where you are coming from. Here I have no options other than fixing it myself. It gets easier to work on them though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.50
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/very-disappointed-with-jjp-support-on-my-woz-75rr?tu=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.