8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by JWS64
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

This guy has a sweet setup...

#2 8 years ago

Pretty stinkin' amazing! Looks just like some of the arcades I trolled when I was a kid. Especially that change maker.

Johnny

#3 8 years ago

What an awesome home arcade this guy has!! I would probably have spend every dollar I make just to be around the same size arcade he has.

#4 8 years ago

That's a very impressive collection. I like that he built it over time. The dragons lair and space ace machines are particularly impressive. Those rarely work even if you can find them. The laser disk players conk out and are hard to replace. I would LOVE to have one!

#5 8 years ago

What does that guy do for a living? I want his pay check!

#6 8 years ago

I seriously had a flashback to my childhood watching that, the sounds and lighting are absolutely perfect. I think I had a tear in my eye when I heard the spyhunter music playing.

@Anim8ormatt. The dragon lairs and space aces are expensive but there are kits that allow you to use the newer laser disc players and they run like a top. There are also kits which allow you to play both Space ace and Dragon's Lair in the same machine by simply changing the laser discs.

I luckily own a Dragon's lair with both kits

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from vster23:

I luckily own a Dragon's lair with both kits ...

How about Dragon's Lair II?

#8 8 years ago

Oh Yes, Very Very Nice.

#9 8 years ago

Ahhhh... Reminds me I still need to find a Crazy Climber and a Mousetrap....

#10 8 years ago

wow.. quite the game room. I don't think I'd get out much.

#11 8 years ago

looks like my house! J/K! Love it, but what a waste of space! I would have PMs Only.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

What does that guy do for a living? I want his pay check!

By his YouTube handle I would guess he is a retired Airline Pilot....FedEx most likely, and yes he would have had a very nice paycheck....

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from vster23:

@Anim8ormatt. The dragon lairs and space aces are expensive but there are kits that allow you to use the newer laser disc players and they run like a top. There are also kits which allow you to play both Space ace and Dragon's Lair in the same machine by simply changing the laser discs.

Thats good to know, I have always shied away from them for the price because i thought once they were done, they were done.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

By his YouTube handle I would guess he is a retired Airline Pilot....FedEx most likely, and yes he would have had a very nice paycheck...

He says he was ten in 1980, so he must have retired from piloting really young

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

He says he was ten in 1980, so he must have retired from piloting really young

Hmmmm..... Something doesn't sound right.

#16 8 years ago

Sorry watched it from my iphone didnt have the grey balloons til I watched it on a PC. Like I said just a guess

#17 8 years ago

The best part about the whole thing is he ended the tour with the MAME cabinet! Too funny.
    He could of shoved all of those games (minus the Sportsman) into the MAME and saved all of that room for more pinballs!!! Silly wabbit.
    I guess that is why I am a Pinhead first- and a VG junkie second!
    Impressive nevertheless!

#18 8 years ago

@gweempose, sadly my kit(laser con) only allows "Dragon's Lair", "Space Ace", "Thayer's Quest", "M.A.C.H.3" and "Super Don Quix-ote but you still need the laser discs for each.

There is the laser ace kit, which is no longer made and are pretty expensive but played tons of laser games although you might need different control panels for some laser games.

This site will tell you all you need to know about laser games although their forum isn't half as friendly as pinside but still helpful.

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com

#20 8 years ago

The thing that I like the most about this arcade and you hear it in the video is all the
    sounds coming from the arcade machines. Nobody's even playing them and it's just like
    being in a real arcade.

You can spend alot of time looking at videos of home arcades, this one just hits a home run
    in my book.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 32.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 156.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 199.99
    $ 209.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 29.04
    Playfield - Plastics
    F14 Tomcat Slingshots Out of stock
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 16.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside