New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 272468)

Vertical Lines on Display - World Cup 94

By AJSDave

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 days ago by PinballManiac40
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2019-02-02 14_20_45-WPC ribbon cable to reseat - Paint (resized).png

#1 3 months ago

A set of evenly spaced vertical lines showed up on my world cup 94 a few days ago. Now the display seems to be responding slower and more pixels are disappearing. Is this a sign that the display is bad, a connector issue, or possibly a board level failure? Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks! Dave

#2 3 months ago

Classic symptom of ribbon connections.

Reseat the dot controller-to-display ribbon a few times. Make sure it is seated correctly on both ends when done.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

#3 3 months ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Classic symptom of ribbon connections.

Reseat the dot controller-to-display ribbon a few times. Make sure it is seated correctly on both ends when done.

Just as Chris suggested.2019-02-02 14_20_45-WPC ribbon cable to reseat - Paint (resized).png

#4 3 months ago

To clarify, this is the skinny ribbon cable on the right in the photo with no arrows pointing to it.

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from Crash:

To clarify, this is the skinny ribbon cable on the right in the photo with no arrows pointing to it.

Yeah, I did misquote Chris without realizing it. I never seen that one cause the vertical lines, only the one I posted about.

#6 3 months ago

I re-seated the cable 4-places as in the picture. It worked! Thanks all!

1 month later
#7 72 days ago

Re seating the cable fixed the display problem, but it has reoccurred three times since then. Each time re-seating the cable has corrected the problem, but it seems the fix is temporary. Any suggestions on a longer term fix? Replace the cable? Thanks!

#8 72 days ago

Yep. Time for a new cable. I never had any issues with these at the bottom of the page.

http://www.docentelectronics.com/httpdocs/AmusementGames/Pinball/Bally/BallyPinball.htm

#9 71 days ago

Thanks for the suggestion! Dave

3 weeks later
#11 49 days ago

No problem. Playball !!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 50.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Malden, MA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside