Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sys 4 2 (resized).png
sys 4 1 (resized).png
IMG_2863 (resized).jpg
IMG_2862 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Working on a friends william Flash, looks like a sys4 board. Some chips look off, wanted to verify what chip was supposed to be in what.
This is our board
IMG_2863 (resized).jpgIMG_2863 (resized).jpg
Looking to verify chip: 11, 12, 7 and 15

From pinwiki:
IMG_2862 (resized).jpgIMG_2862 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

The MPU is complete for Flash. The 16K memory chip at IC14 replaces IC20, 21, 26

#3 1 year ago

We are having an issue where test mode/menu starts then freezes. After looking into some other peoples issues, it ran from ROMs to PIA chips being bad. So i wanted to verify what chips were needed to replace.

Until then, I did re-socket 11 and 6 as they looked off and 11's socket was loose on the chip. going to test over the weekend.

#4 1 year ago

What chip(s) are supposed to be in ic1 and ic18 ? Looking to get new PIA's

#5 1 year ago
sys 4 1 (resized).pngsys 4 1 (resized).pngsys 4 2 (resized).pngsys 4 2 (resized).png
#6 1 year ago

IC1 - 6800 microprocessor
IC18 - 6820/6821 PIA

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

#7 1 year ago

Its been a while since I worked on one these boards, but the address and data tracks by the EPROMs is all chewed up. I don't think any tracks leave up and out from that area, but make sure none are shorted together. With a DMM on continuity test you can check where the tracks pass between the chip sockets. Someone went to town on that board. Do you know if it ever worked after the socket job that has been done to it? I always suspect previous rework that I did not do.

Does it stay in audit mode long enough to push the MPU diag button? Its pretty good about reporting bad memory chips, BUT the cpu has to be at least able to run audit mode to do the test. If the CPU is not running audit/attract mode, the diag test results are erroneous.

#8 1 year ago

Do you have an EPROM burner? If so, I would install Leon's test ROM and work through it systematically.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Do you have an EPROM burner? If so, I would install Leon's test ROM and work through it systematically.

Trying to get him to buy one

Seriously handy for anything you need to change at a whim.

#10 1 year ago

Agreed! A good EPROM burner is a must-have if you do your own repairs. I have a Needham EMP-20 which can handle a wide array of devices and is awesome other than I need to maintain a WinXP PC to operate it.

Looks like you can get a new/modern 2716 capable programmer for a bit over $100. (e.g.,https://www.amazon.com/PRG-056-GQ-GQ-4X-universal-Programmer/dp/B00OD7O9G2/ref=sr_1_1)

Anyone have any modern programmer recommendations?

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from PINTEC:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I totally forgot they put the BoM in the manual. Thank you!

Quoted from ChrisHibler:

IC1 - 6800 microprocessor
IC18 - 6820/6821 PIA

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

Thank you!

opps didn't click send on that from the other day. My buddy brought over the board and I have some updates.

Updates:
I resocketed ic 11 and ic 6.
Friend took the board home, put it in flash, did the same thing,
Then found the diagnostic wire wasn’t on.
Then found that the manual was wrong and there was an update that changed the setting for growing sound from # 31 to 33. So now the game is fully working.

However my ebd is being insane.

Quoted from joetechbob:

Slochar hit me up, and ya I don’t have one but I’ll need one finally.

Quoted from slochar:

Trying to get him to buy one
Seriously handy for anything you need to change at a whim.

Haha yup, I’ll need to get one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Tools
Pincoder Store

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/verify-wms-sys-4-chips and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.