6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would a location verification feature be useful for you?”

• It would give me more confidence in a location 3 votes
      75%
    • The date last edited does not affect my decision to try a new location 1 vote
      25%

(4 votes)

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys, your site rocks. I've been using the map to find pins near me or on my travels. However, I learned that locations that have older dates as last updated tend to have a higher chance of no longer being accurate. But when I do visit a location and find it to still be correct, I think there should be a way I can verify location. If I edited the location info, it'll update the date, but often the location info is correct. Or you could call it "last visited by a pinsider" or something like that. Just to update that date and encourage more people to try the location because it was recently verified as accurate. From a coding perspective, this would be a rather easy feature to add, and I truly think it would be super useful which is the only reason I decided to bother you in the first place. Thank you for your time.

1 month later
    #2 6 years ago

I agree, very nice idea. We could make a log of Pinsiders who visited and the date they last visited. This would also be nice to power from our upcoming app.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/verify-location-ability and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.