Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by cjmjmm2006
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191009_205252 (resized).jpg
20191009_211049 (resized).jpg
20191009_194706 (resized).jpg
20191009_210841 (resized).jpg
20191009_202326 (resized).jpg
20191009_204528 (resized).jpg
20191009_204531 (resized).jpg
20191009_203017 (resized).jpg
download_20191009_060242 (resized).jpg
958F539E-9BA1-4183-8703-F7E7531D477D (resized).png
20190918_235609 (resized).jpg
IMG_1371 (resized).jpg

#1 29 days ago

Verdetto's Bar and Restaurant

3 pins to start. 1 shuffle pick alley, 1 dart, 2 skills and a jukebox. Atm also on site.

Jurassic Park Pro, Deadpool Pro, Star Trek Pro. Hoping to get a few more in.

Beers are so reasonable here. Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is $3.60. Whaaaaaat? Yup.

Pizza and hoagies while supplies last. Check it out. Located at 814 Madison Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212.

20190918_235609 (resized).jpgIMG_1371 (resized).jpg
#2 28 days ago

I noticed that old cigarette machine in the second pic can’t believe that’s still allowed if not just a bar. Those machines I thought to be basically banned from the public eye because of the sales to minors.lol

958F539E-9BA1-4183-8703-F7E7531D477D (resized).png
#3 28 days ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

I noticed that old cigarette machine in the second pic can’t believe that’s still allowed if not just a bar. Those machines I thought to be basically banned from the public eye because of the sales to minors.lol[quoted image]

Those things are great. When I was 12 years old the machine in the waiting room of Bobs Big Boy was my go to. The only other source was to steal cigarettes from Thrifty when the clerk wasn’t looking and I wasn’t into stealing.

#4 28 days ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

I noticed that old cigarette machine in the second pic can’t believe that’s still allowed if not just a bar. Those machines I thought to be basically banned from the public eye because of the sales to minors.lol[quoted image]

In PA there are two types of bars.....one for people over 21 and one where people can go in that are under 21. Differences are, over 21 bars you can actually still smoke in but no one under the age of 21 is allowed. Under 21 means absolutely no smoking in the establishment at all but under age people can go in and eat. (Chris can correct me if I am wrong). I would imagine this place is a smoking establishment as I wouldn't think the cig machine wouldn't be allowed otherwise!

Congrats on another location Chris!

#5 28 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is $3.60

Sweet Geebus I completely missed this ..... damn I need to go back to Pittsburgh.

#6 28 days ago

3 very fun pinballs. Nice choice!

Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Verdetto's Bar and Restaurant
3 pins to start. 1 shuffle pick alley, 1 dart, 2 skills and a jukebox. Atm also on site.
Jurassic Park Pro, Deadpool Pro, Star Trek Pro. Hoping to get a few more in.
Beers are so reasonable here. Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is $3.60. Whaaaaaat? Yup.
Pizza and hoagies while supplies last. Check it out. Located at 814 Madison Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212.[quoted image][quoted image]

#7 28 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

In PA there are two types of bars.....one for people over 21 and one where people can go in that are under 21. Differences are, over 21 bars you can actually still smoke in but no one under the age of 21 is allowed. Under 21 means absolutely no smoking in the establishment at all but under age people can go in and eat. (Chris can correct me if I am wrong). I would imagine this place is a smoking establishment as I wouldn't think the cig machine wouldn't be allowed otherwise!
Congrats on another location Chris!

Yeah locations with cig vending have to be 21 and up now. They just passed bill recently where you have to be 21 and up to buy smokes, unless you were already 18 when the bill passed.

#8 28 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Those things are great. When I was 12 years old the machine in the waiting room of Bobs Big Boy was my go to.

Mine was the local bowling alley and the corner store would let me buy several deferent packs as long as I said it was for my parents. (Who where up partying and playing cards with their friends from the night before) and I would make out with a little extra cash in my pocket. Man those were the good old days. Lol

#9 28 days ago

So I'm not an expert and I do not do cigarette vending as it just doesn't align with my beliefs personally. Proof of this is I was offered a route to do this for zero as the operator of this route passed and I declined. There is money in it I assume but again, I don't smoke. I encourage anyone that does smoke cigarettes to reconsider etc but wasn't for me.

Now to the stars imo, the pins!! We have started off with these 3 games and I think there is room for growth as the games have been just about as busy as any other site we currently operate in at this capacity. Only 3 games at this site are mine so anyone that stops, please understand the maintenance of the other games is not my responsibility. Sorry. I know we are often told we do an excellent job with our maintenance schedule and preventive maintenance.

Enjoy the games. Requests from us are always welcome. Hope to meet up at my next bar spend at this site!

Cheers!!

2 weeks later
#10 9 days ago

Are there any good threads on how to go about getting pins placed in bars? i.e. what's a good pitch? what is the typically split percentage / business arrangement? How long does it take before you recoup your investment and start profiting usually etc.

Pins look great. What is with that weird chandelier thing hanging above the deadpool one lol?

#11 8 days ago
Quoted from leomatthewadams:

Are there any good threads on how to go about getting pins placed in bars? i.e. what's a good pitch? what is the typically split percentage / business arrangement? How long does it take before you recoup your investment and start profiting usually etc.
Pins look great. What is with that weird chandelier thing hanging above the deadpool one lol?

I am not sure if there is a good thread. I am not sure how to really answer what you are asking in the first paragraph. Every business is different. It's really trial and error. I've been doing this for 17 years and I still don't have a solid understanding of what, when and where. Haha

The chandelier is where a few tables used to be. We are on a trial basis at this site so we raised them up for now to accommodate the pins.

Not sure where you are located but if you are in the Pittsburgh area stop by tonight after 9pm and have a chat with me. Cheers!

#12 8 days ago

Well tonight is the night!! Free Play Wednesday begins and we are bringing in Free Pizza as well to make this a fun evening of pinball, food, drinks and new friends. Hope some of my local pinheads can make an appearance. Starts at 9pm, goes until, well, I have no idea. Haha, at least midnight, possibly we shut the place down. Patty Ann works Wednesday evenings at the V so be sure to treat her right, she awesome and you will get a dose of that along with games and grub. Message me if you have any questions. Thanks for all the support!

download_20191009_060242 (resized).jpg
#13 8 days ago

Nice group! Thanks for coming out!!

20191009_194706 (resized).jpg20191009_202326 (resized).jpg20191009_203017 (resized).jpg20191009_204528 (resized).jpg20191009_204531 (resized).jpg20191009_205252 (resized).jpg20191009_210841 (resized).jpg20191009_211049 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside