(Topic ID: 164711)

Vent post: Cats inside pinball machines, why???

By Otaku

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Budman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

catth (resized).jpg
    ae237096-e6c3-4909-b03d-fa6159bc4cf2_Henri-Box_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    6459_(resized).jpg
    billponder_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    pasted_image_(resized).png
    IMG_20151206_192526_(resized).jpg
    20160624_131241_(resized).jpg
    travel-tourism-bug-insect-roach-cockroach-visit-jcen506_low_(resized).jpg
    IMG_2171_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

It's funnier to put my cats on top of the glass and let them try to capture the ball in play. I think of it as a low-rent version of the blinders from Tommy.

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from JoeNewberry:

I think of it as a low-rent version of the blinders from Tommy.

And if they jump up themselves and do it, usually means you're having a great game

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You guys want me to tell you about the cat that decided to take a nap in the fan shroud of my buddy's car back in the day?
    I didn't think so....

If ended like this one below....

Quoted from jrpinball:

Many years ago, I used to bowl in a company league on Friday mornings after working the third shift. The bowling alley was located next to a rather poorly kept ASPCA shelter. One particularly frigid morning we had finished bowling, and one of my league mates went to start his car. It kind of locked up and wouldn't start, and when he opened the hood he discovered an obstruction in the belts. You guessed it! Apparently, the warm engine compartment was too much of an attraction for one of the strays, and it unfortunately it met it's end when the guy tried to start his car. To make the clean up a little easier, he had a friend drive him home, and he returned later that afternoon and by then the pathetic remains had frozen solid, making removal a little tidier. Sorry if I grossed anyone out, but this is something I'll never forget.

Sounded like the # 10 life was the nail in coffin...

#54 7 years ago

Wait till the cat gets into the machine then turn it on...hopefully you have all leds under the playfield. It would be worth the time it would take to repair the machine.

#55 7 years ago

And play a game!!!

#56 7 years ago

vent-post-cats-inside-pinball-machines-why

Just goes to show you should have no vents in your pinball machine large enough for cats to crawl thru.

#57 7 years ago

Though sitting in the box brings a momentary feeling of contentment, it is, in the end, an illusion.

..........Henri, Le Chat Noir.........

ae237096-e6c3-4909-b03d-fa6159bc4cf2_Henri-Box_(resized).jpgae237096-e6c3-4909-b03d-fa6159bc4cf2_Henri-Box_(resized).jpg

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Maybe I'm missing something, is it really that hard to vacuum up cat hair? My cat loves jumping into my games when I have them open but I always chase her out and I don't allow her to just hang out in them whenever she wants. I admit having a bunch of fur all over a game can be slightly off putting, but its a hell of a lot easier to clean up than a lot of other things that pinball machines get covered with.

It's an EM so the dander and hair (a lot of it) got inside of all the units and springs and tiny little gaps between switch stacks and behind and all over the harness, in the backbox, and I'm pretty allergic it seems, at least when it's not attached to the animal anymore. Not fun!

#59 7 years ago

Zero fucks were given by cats about this thread.

#60 7 years ago

Sneaky cat needs no door when it comes to Pinball ....

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

It's an EM so the dander and hair (a lot of it) got inside of all the units and springs and tiny little gaps between switch stacks and behind and all over the harness, in the backbox, and I'm pretty allergic it seems, at least when it's not attached to the animal anymore. Not fun!

Ah yeah I could see how that would suck on an EM machine. Still, I have to imagine its pretty rare to have such an extreme case of that happening.

1 year later
    #62 5 years ago

Cats, pinball machines you know what that equals.

catth (resized).jpgcatth (resized).jpg

#63 5 years ago

My cats are in a barn.... where they belong.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vent-post-cats-inside-pinball-machines-why/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.