(Topic ID: 341426)

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game!

By friscopinball

11 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,096 posts
  • 307 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Thunderbird
  • Topic is favorited by 140 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Whic version of Venom are you buying?”

• LE 94 votes
    49%
  • Premium 65 votes
    34%
  • Pro 33 votes
    17%

(192 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7228 (resized).png
IMG_3033.gif
IMG_3027 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240704_101039 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2477 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2478 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0384 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0382 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0383 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0380 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0377 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0379 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0378 (resized).JPEG
pin (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,096 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 82.
#301 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Still very eagerly awaiting my LE, I cannot wait...! But for those that have the game or have played it a lot, my only concern about this was it's longevity. My pins at home tend to last a loooong time, partly because I hardly ever get to the end wizard modes.
Yes I know that means I'm a below average player - and actually one thing that drew me to this one was the saved progress. However, I wonder... if beating the bosses and Knull becomes easier over time, and you see the end of the game more often, does this increase the boredom factor? I guess we are really relying on speed runs to keep the interest going? Perhaps its too early to ask these questions.

This is an excellent point, in fact I have games like JP that let you skip to the wizard mode and just play that as a stand alone. I would like if more games did this such as SW.

But at the same time I haven’t yet played the stand alone wizard mode on JP because I want to keep it a reserve until I play enough of the base game.

When I get Godzilla topper it’ll allow a modified play of king of monsters or something like that. It’s a good option to have because I’ll never get that far on most of my pins.

With Venom that’s one of my biggest reasons for buying because I’ll be able to play the end modes and also not just as a complete skip to that mode like on JP.

#302 10 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Good point, you can always play it like a new game starting at level zero and not see the end game unless you’re a super player.
Also lots of settings to play with like impossible mode or you can adjust the difficulty of things like mini modes so I assume they time out quickly.
One thing that is different is the high scoring results. I assume if you start at level 40 you’ll get way higher scoring than starting at level zero. They could have a separate HS table if starting from zero. It’s not a big deal to me but I assume the HS and grand champion scores are all relative to the starting level.

Don’t quote me but I’m
Sure I saw something with Dwight and he said that your level doesn’t affect your scoring so it’s stays fair. Just allows you to battle certain bosses and defeat them quicker the higher level you are.

#303 10 months ago

Hulk Smash!

#304 10 months ago

Probably the first Venom Pro in France, delivered by plane, in a festival (BGS) this weekend.

PXL_20230924_121647456 (resized).jpgPXL_20230924_121647456 (resized).jpg

#305 10 months ago

Our pcb covers are going through the final stages of refinement and will ship starting this weekend. Includes 2 custom-bent acrylic covers etched with a symbiote web design. Sets include a mounting hardware kit. We will offer in dark grey tint and opaque black. They will be sold separately and will be included with our deluxe kit. Our game is now on location so we will post photos installed in a game this weekend.

20230924_182430 (resized).jpg20230924_182430 (resized).jpg20230924_182454 (resized).jpg20230924_182454 (resized).jpg

#306 10 months ago

Anyone hear when the LEs will be shipping?

#307 10 months ago
Quoted from Scott-UK:

Don’t quote me but I’m
Sure I saw something with Dwight and he said that your level doesn’t affect your scoring so it’s stays fair. Just allows you to battle certain bosses and defeat them quicker the higher level you are.

I recall Dwight saying on one of the streams (Flip n Out maybe?) the higher level you are the lower your score will be when fighting the bosses because they are easier, will be defeated with less hits thus less opportunities for points.

#308 10 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Anyone hear when the LEs will be shipping?

Domestic should be already on the way. I imagine you'll see them arriving in homes and locations this week. Overseas went last week or the end of the week before AFAIK.

#309 9 months ago

Posted in the hype thread by mistake. Maybe some owners have the knowledge / tips...

I have a hard time following the progression for some things in this game. Like am I going to start Rampage or a Toxin Team Up? Wait where did Carnage come from?
I am sure the way the LED insert colors are blinking Dwight will tell me I SHOULD know, but for me it isn't intuitive at all. Took me a couple days to figure out the grid...

#310 9 months ago

Introducing FlipMods' Venom bell tower mod! Replace that boring, 1-dimensional bell tower with this custom 3-Dimensional bell tower kit. Includes 4 panels for the pro model (front, left, right & roof) and 3 panels (front, left & roof) for the premium / LE models. Installation is simple and not permanent, it can be easily removed any time. We also offer an illumination kit which includes all hardware necessary to light up the interior of the belltower with either red or cool white LED light (both included), adding more to an already impressive mod.

Introductory sale! Price will increase soon.

https://flipmods.com/product/venom-bell-tower-mod/
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1378-flipmods/09450-venom-bell-tower-mod

Venom-Bell-Tower-Right---Pinside.jpgVenom-Bell-Tower-Right---Pinside.jpgVenom-Bell-Tower-Mod-Illuminated-Right---Pinside.jpgVenom-Bell-Tower-Mod-Illuminated-Right---Pinside.jpgVenom-Bell-Tower-Mod-Front---Pinside.jpgVenom-Bell-Tower-Mod-Front---Pinside.jpgVenom-Bell-Tower-Illuminated---Pinside.jpgVenom-Bell-Tower-Illuminated---Pinside.jpgVenom-Bell-Tower-Mod---Pinside.jpgVenom-Bell-Tower-Mod---Pinside.jpgVenom-Bell-Tower-Mod-Right-Pinside.jpgVenom-Bell-Tower-Mod-Right-Pinside.jpgVenom-Bell-Tower-Mod-Illuminated-Right---Pinside.jpgVenom-Bell-Tower-Mod-Illuminated-Right---Pinside.jpgVenom-Bell-Tower-Mod-Left---Pinside.jpgVenom-Bell-Tower-Mod-Left---Pinside.jpg

#311 9 months ago
Quoted from OkieNGa:

I recall Dwight saying on one of the streams (Flip n Out maybe?) the higher level you are the lower your score will be when fighting the bosses because they are easier, will be defeated with less hits thus less opportunities for points.

I remember him saying that, too.

#312 9 months ago

Le going into production this week for USA sales. Per distributor.

#313 9 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Still very eagerly awaiting my LE, I cannot wait...! But for those that have the game or have played it a lot, my only concern about this was it's longevity. My pins at home tend to last a loooong time, partly because I hardly ever get to the end wizard modes.
Yes I know that means I'm a below average player - and actually one thing that drew me to this one was the saved progress. However, I wonder... if beating the bosses and Knull becomes easier over time, and you see the end of the game more often, does this increase the boredom factor? I guess we are really relying on speed runs to keep the interest going? Perhaps its too early to ask these questions.

I'm with you here. Still waiting on my Venom LE, and in addition to being fun to play I'm really excited about the persistent-XP features with IC. I have five other pins including Deadpool, TMNT, JP, & Star Trek and I've never even gotten close to a true Wizard mode except once on Deadpool when I started Megakrakolodonus Rex before draining ball 3 instantly because I was too excited and watching the LCD.

I guess I'm not worried that I'll get good enough and beat Knull (even at high level) easily enough to make the machine boring and unappealing before it would happen over time naturally. We'll see, though... this is something new so it's uncharted waters. I like the potential, though!

#314 9 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Stern posted a Youtube short on Friday showing Venom LEs on the line, and others are saying that US arrivals are due this week. I'm crossing my fingers that my distributor gets mine in this week because I'll be out all next week and I'm just itching to play it!

#315 9 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Cannot wait. I called my distributor today and they hadn’t heard anything from Stern so I hope you are correct and we will be getting them soon.

#316 9 months ago

I see alot of mods to cover the fast lock boards. If you good with a hack saw, a drill bit and a black zip tie you can make this one at home. The pros have a stud behind fast lock. All you need is the action figure from Amazon. You cut the legs off at pivot, drill a hole just a hair under size and insert venom. Articulate his arm to cover the board and zip tie arm into position. Not selling this, just giving a alternative diy Venom mod.
I also redid ramp mod to a very fast turn around ramp incorporated into horseshoe.
I am still doing revisions and improving on it, but its very fast!

IMG_7533 (resized).jpegIMG_7533 (resized).jpegIMG_7537 (resized).jpegIMG_7537 (resized).jpegIMG_7536 (resized).jpegIMG_7536 (resized).jpeg
#317 9 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Stern posted a Youtube short on Friday showing Venom LEs on the line, and others are saying that US arrivals are due this week. I'm crossing my fingers that my distributor gets mine in this week because I'll be out all next week and I'm just itching to play it!

That was international with one coin slot. USA produced this week. Prob more early next week shipping for some is my understanding.

#318 9 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

That was international with one coin slot. USA produced this week. Prob more early next week shipping for some is my understanding.

Yay.

#319 9 months ago

Quick question for anyone that has unlocked any of the other hosts. I know one of the selling points on this game is that each of the main hosts has a different style, including the music while playing as them. Is there separate unique music tracks for the additional hosts (eg. Wolverine, Captain America, Hulk).

#320 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinballbuyer:

I see alot of mods to cover the fast lock boards. If you good with a hack saw, a drill bit and a black zip tie you can make this one at home. The pros have a stud behind fast lock. All you need is the action figure from Amazon. You cut the legs off at pivot, drill a hole just a hair under size and insert venom. Articulate his arm to cover the board and zip tie arm into position. Not selling this, just giving a alternative diy Venom mod.
I also redid ramp mod to a very fast turn around ramp incorporated into horseshoe.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That ramps is awesome! The Venom cover is also fantastic looks great.

I am planning on replacing the entire lock housing, relocating the board so it's on the inside of a fully custom replacement lock housing, the symbiote sculpts have turned out great if I do say so myself. Will be using the symbiote sculpts for locks and bell tower, full on symbiote craziness all over the place

#321 9 months ago

I put about 20 games on a Venom pro. I have played every pro from atleast the last 5 years, and in my opinion it's one of the best pros. But keep in mind I like the 2 flipper fan layouts. The game plays very fast and I like what they are doing with the coding.

#322 9 months ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Quick question for anyone that has unlocked any of the other hosts. I know one of the selling points on this game is that each of the main hosts has a different style, including the music while playing as them. Is there separate unique music tracks for the additional hosts (eg. Wolverine, Captain America, Hulk).

No. It looks like Hulk’s music is the same as Eddie. I’m guessing Cap’s will be flash. Wolverine is Peter’s.

#323 9 months ago
Quoted from joelbob:

No. It looks like Hulk’s music is the same as Eddie. I’m guessing Cap’s will be flash. Wolverine is Peter’s.

It’d be funny if Wolverine’s was Gwen’s.

#324 9 months ago
Quoted from JPloof:

This question came up in one of Dead Flip's intro videos, either the Premium demo at Comic-Con or the Pro demo more recently... and no, they don't have their own music. That's kinda a bummer, IMO. Maybe they'll add some later on in code updates like they added to Deadpool's soundtrack?

#325 9 months ago

So....has anyone received the long anticipated " Your LE Venom has arrived" call from your distributor?

#326 9 months ago
Quoted from OkieNGa:

So....has anyone received the long anticipated " Your LE Venom has arrived" call from your distributor?

Should start Wednesday at the latest

#327 9 months ago
Quoted from OkieNGa:

As of yesterday my distributor had not heard from Stern.

#328 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinballbuyer:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great! Do you have a link to buy the figure?

#329 9 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Look up:

Hasbro Marvel Legends Series Venom 6" Action Figure

probably works!

#330 9 months ago

I finished the brackets for Venom's playfield multipliers and mode sign. I'll have the temp graph for the flippers posted by tomorrow. It definitely runs hot, but it seems to manage it better than Stranger Things.

Multiplier Bracket_Before_After_sml (resized).jpgMultiplier Bracket_Before_After_sml (resized).jpgMode_Compare_sml (resized).jpgMode_Compare_sml (resized).jpg
#331 9 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I finished the brackets for Venom's playfield multipliers and mode sign. I'll have the temp graph for the flippers posted by tomorrow. It definitely runs hot, but it seems to manage it better than Stranger Things.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm legit curious, and seem to have missed the previous posts... what are these brackets for, re: the mode sign and multipliers? It looks like they dim the brightness and/or add color?

Also, I just installed your Zen: Tibetan Breeze in my Deadpool and I have *another* set waiting in the box for my Venom LE (whenever it arrives...). I assume that they'll be compatible, but maybe I should've waited and contacted first?

#332 9 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I'm legit curious, and seem to have missed the previous posts... what are these brackets for, re: the mode sign and multipliers? It looks like they dim the brightness and/or add color?
Also, I just installed your Zen: Tibetan Breeze in my Deadpool and I have *another* set waiting in the box for my Venom LE (whenever it arrives...). I assume that they'll be compatible, but maybe I should've waited and contacted first?

It doesn't dim the brightness IRL much. I have to turn the exposure way down to capture the color in a picture to represent what you see in real life. If I show actual brightness it blows out the color in the exposure and turns it mostly white so you can't see what it actually looks like. It looks great IRL. White looks wrong to me now, which is the mark of a good bracket.

The two families of Zen kits are universally compatible within each family, so they'll work on all Spike (family1) or JJP/Spooky/CGC/AP (family2).

Edit: I looked up the light transmission for the blue, specifically, and it was about 80%, which, given how bright the LED is, ain't much of a cut IRL. The main problem is the doppelganger insert, which should have had 2 LEDs because it's so wide. Even in white, the light drops off dramatically on the sides of the LED in the center.

#333 9 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

There might be other sellers of these figures on amazon. I got the stacy one coming for left side fast lock. Both are 6inch versions.

IMG_7544 (resized).jpegIMG_7544 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7545 (resized).jpegIMG_7545 (resized).jpeg

#334 9 months ago

Huge Fail if “Venom” by Eminem doesn’t get into this game!! Stern needs to step up with more songs/sound effects!! A great pinball machine should blow the roof off your game room!! I feel like Stern needs to hire a Sound Engineer!!! There must be millions of sound effects in this world!! Slings should always change sounds depending on the mode!!

#335 9 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I finished the brackets for Venom's playfield multipliers and mode sign. I'll have the temp graph for the flippers posted by tomorrow. It definitely runs hot, but it seems to manage it better than Stranger Things.[quoted image][quoted image]

ETA on these being ready for purchase?

#336 9 months ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Huge Fail if “Venom” by Eminem doesn’t get into this game!! Stern needs to step up with more songs/sound effects!! A great pinball machine should blow the roof off your game room!! I feel like Stern needs to hire a Sound Engineer!!! There must be millions of sound effects in this world!! Slings should always change sounds depending on the mode!!

I think the sound package is pretty awesome with this game. It's absolutely the last thing I would complain about on this. Jerry Thompson is the sound engineer and one of the best in the business.

#337 9 months ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

ETA on these being ready for purchase?

Should be ready to go by next Monday. I've been try to get orders caught up and getting Venom Pro temp tested and all measurements/etc done on it before it's gone (sold) Saturday, in anticipation of the Prem coming in a couple weeks. More of a crunch than I expected.

#338 9 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think the sound package is pretty awesome with this game. It's absolutely the last thing I would complain about on this. Jerry Thompson is the sound engineer and one of the best in the business.

Yeah, agree. The diversity and feel of the various tracks are really great. Better than Deadpool's music variety overall, maybe (I need some more time on it, but that's my initial week of play feeling).

#339 9 months ago

Okay, here's the flipper coil temp testing results for Venom Pro. The temps get to the fade zone pretty quickly, but maybe because the coils are maxed at 255 out of the box, they don't really have noticeable performance issues until the second hour, which are mostly that you need a more direct shot to make that center ramp and the left ramp isn't as easily backhandable. By the END of the second hour, temps were still rising on the right flipper, especially, and I can see the fade getting to the point that it did on Los' marathon stream where he couldn't make the center ramp after a while and just moved to a whole new Venom machine (ha! the luxury!).

There are a lot of variables with this game because of the way you can do the multiballs. In my case, I was delaying multiball until I had 5 locks. If you take the base one at 2 and have more frequent multiballs, the temps will likely rise faster since multiball is where the temps spike.

All that said, here's the graph...

Venom Temp Test 2023-09-26-sml (resized).jpgVenom Temp Test 2023-09-26-sml (resized).jpg
#340 9 months ago

I got to put a few games on a pro.

I like this game a lot. I think too many people jumped to negative conclusions before even trying the game.

Hoping my LE is here in 2 weeks.

#341 9 months ago

I agree, most of the negs here are mad at Stern…and it shows. Premium on the way.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I got to put a few games on a pro.
I like this game a lot. I think too many people jumped to negative conclusions before even trying the game.
Hoping my LE is here in 2 weeks.

#342 9 months ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

As much as I would like the track in the game (I’m also a huge Eminem fan and would buy an Eminem LE day 1) I wouldn’t say it’s a fail, it’s likely far more effort than it’s worth for Stern, having to deal with all the extra licensing approvals and additional cost, I doubt Em is particularly cheap.

#343 9 months ago

I got some PinMonk fans for GZ, which I never made time to install--glad I got them ready to go for my Venom premium.

Oh, and you can ebay the Venom figures listed above for about $20 !

#344 9 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, here's the flipper coil temp testing results for Venom Pro. The temps get to the fade zone pretty quickly, but maybe because the coils are maxed at 255 out of the box, they don't really have noticeable performance issues until the second hour, which are mostly that you need a more direct shot to make that center ramp and the left ramp isn't as easily backhandable. By the END of the second hour, temps were still rising on the right flipper, especially, and I can see the fade getting to the point that it did on Los' marathon stream where he couldn't make the center ramp after a while and just moved to a whole new Venom machine (ha! the luxury!).
There are a lot of variables with this game because of the way you can do the multiballs. In my case, I was delaying multiball until I had 5 locks. If you take the base one at 2 and have more frequent multiballs, the temps will likely rise faster since multiball is where the temps spike.
All that said, here's the graph...
[quoted image]

2 hours is a lot of constant play. I doubt many Pinsiders will get to that point. Even in "long" games (guessing 20-30 min) I've had no issue backhanding the left ramp.

#345 9 months ago
Quoted from PBSaltyKracker:

I agree, most of the negs here are mad at Stern…and it shows. Premium on the way.

I don't like what GM is charging for the new Z06.....but I can honestly say say, it is a kick ass car and wish I had one.

#346 9 months ago

I can’t wait to see home pics of the LE .We pivoted off ours when the JP30 came out as we’ve never owned one and We’re happy with the decision .I still have to get my kid his Venom (he was good with this move as long as he gets one eventually) so I’ll be in the market for one soon .That’s the good thing about today in pinball ,you can pretty much get anything you want when Your ready Happy Days coming to all Venom owners here and wish you the best ,We will be joining you as soon as possible .

#347 9 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

2 hours is a lot of constant play. I doubt many Pinsiders will get to that point. Even in "long" games (guessing 20-30 min) I've had no issue backhanding the left ramp.

That's pretty much true of all pins I've tested. I always say if your play sessions (on almost any pin) are less than about 30 minutes, you don't need active cooling. Fade isn't really an issue in that window. There are exceptions (some JJPs, many Spooky), but the few of those where fade comes on hard are all around the 20-30 minute range, so the advice still stands.

#348 9 months ago

The left side fast lock action figure mount requires a little more effort to put on fast lock, but she fits and blocks the left board. Not sure what to do with tongue….

IMG_7554 (resized).jpegIMG_7554 (resized).jpegIMG_7555 (resized).jpegIMG_7555 (resized).jpegIMG_7551 (resized).jpegIMG_7551 (resized).jpegIMG_7553 (resized).jpegIMG_7553 (resized).jpegIMG_7552 (resized).jpegIMG_7552 (resized).jpeg

#349 9 months ago

Any word when LEs are shipping. Radio silence from my distributor. Going to have to get my Venom fix tomorrow at my local pinball joint as they just got a pro in. Better than nothing. Thought it was supposed to be this week, no later than Wednesday.

#350 9 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Any word when LEs are shipping. Radio silence from my distributor. Going to have to get my Venom fix tomorrow at my local pinball joint as they just got a pro in. Better than nothing. Thought it was supposed to be this week, no later than Wednesday.

Same here... nothing yet from my distributor. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms! This is the first NIB pin that I'm buying right at launch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairport, NY
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 24.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Coaldale, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,096 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.