(Topic ID: 341426)

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game!

By friscopinball

11 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,096 posts
  • 307 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Thunderbird
  • Topic is favorited by 141 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Whic version of Venom are you buying?”

• LE 94 votes
    49%
  • Premium 65 votes
    34%
  • Pro 33 votes
    17%

(192 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7228 (resized).png
IMG_3033.gif
IMG_3027 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240704_101039 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2477 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2478 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0384 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0382 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0383 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0380 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0377 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0379 (resized).JPEG
IMG_0378 (resized).JPEG
pin (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,096 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 82.
#551 9 months ago

Topper champ hype! Can’t wait to see what comes out for Venom

IMG_4694 (resized).jpegIMG_4694 (resized).jpeg
#552 9 months ago

Have had the LE for two days.

I watched Joel and Jared E as well as Travis Murie gameplays.

Travis is an amazing player who makes all of the shots on command. His review/explanation are great.

The JJE review along with Dwight S is also great with much more realistic gameplay.

So I watched these videos, read the rules, and went to town.

In two days I played 60 times and got to quite a high XP level (which means I am an average player as it takes me more games to beat Knull).

This game is all about making pairs of shots. The flow and fast locks are fabulous. Fast game which will really cause you to be more patient and figure out the shots.

MB and character select are great- lots of strategy to figure out the best course.

Lighting- it is a dark game with a lot of strobe effects. I’ll be getting Pinstadiums.

Art and music are great. The purple powder coat is really cool. The mirror side art blades are fabulous and useful (the right orbit light is obscured by Spidy).

Here are the stats:
60 plays (4 1/2 hours of play) and I finally defeated Knull. I also finished off the minor bosses before getting Knull.
Saving progress is really really great- but you still have to hit the three combos to start anything.

I was able to battle Knull at least 15 times to figure out how to beat him. Really great mode I never would have even seen without XP.

Game is very very addictive- shots and code are top notch.

So now that I have defeated Knull I am done… not even close. I still need to figure out the best methods for points, stacking, and making all
of those stinking combos.

Congrats to all- an outstanding game.

#553 9 months ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Topper champ hype! Can’t wait to see what comes out for Venom
[quoted image]

Seems it will be related to Ghost Rider

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#554 9 months ago
Quoted from jurulz:

[quoted image]

Venomised Ghost Rider, okay I don’t normally say this with toppers but take my money!

Some of the coolest venomised designs have been of Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider, adding another character to the game would also be in line with Sterns, toppers add modes approach, so a mode and a character to unlock in the main game would make a lot of sense here!

#555 9 months ago

Love these minimal board covers from @mikespins!

So good looking and they blend in nicely.

IMG_4696 (resized).jpegIMG_4696 (resized).jpegIMG_4699 (resized).jpegIMG_4699 (resized).jpeg
#556 9 months ago
Quoted from jurulz:

[quoted image]

Great find! If true, it’s going to be sick.

Venomized Ghost Rider has some of the baddest art out there.

IMG_4702 (resized).jpegIMG_4702 (resized).jpeg
#557 9 months ago

Venomized Ghost Rider has some of the baddest art out there.[quoted image]

Exactly my thoughts above and I would love to see Zombie Yeti’s take on Venomised Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider.

#558 9 months ago

Love these minimal board covers from mikespins!
[quoted image][quoted image]

How are you liking the gameplay?

I should be getting mine on Monday!

#559 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

How are you liking the gameplay?
I should be getting mine on Monday!

Only played one game but oh boy, it was FAST! Honestly, this is probably the prettiest pin I have. The mirror side art blades are UNREAL.

I can’t wait for you to get yours.

I was also setting up the LVDS board for capturing the lcd for streaming and the headphone kit for direct audio.

I’ll be streaming tonight after 10pm CST if you want to watch (twitch.tv/friscopinball).

#560 9 months ago

My le has a tilt bob in the bag with no set screw. Thanks Stern. Also jp30th had straight cord instead of 90 degree.

#561 9 months ago

Love these minimal board covers from mikespins!

Sweet! Glad you're happy, thanks for the support!

#562 9 months ago

695 checking in, 2 games in, now I have to pack and get some sleep. 7am flight is way too dang early!

I am sure the kids will play until I wake up or they fall asleep on their feet, one of the two.

Venom 695 (resized).jpgVenom 695 (resized).jpg
#563 9 months ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Sweet! Glad you're happy, thanks for the support!

Very.

Thank you for a great product. Can’t wait to see what mods the community comes out with!

I’ve got my speaker light kits on order from DugFreez at Speakerlightkits.com and the awesome grill designs from @scottyc.

It’s going to get nuts!

#564 9 months ago
Quoted from OkieNGa:

695 checking in, 2 games in, now I have to pack and get some sleep. 7am flight is way too dang early!
I am sure the kids will play until I wake up or they fall asleep on their feet, one of the two.[quoted image]

That’s awesome. My girls came up to the gameroom and yelled “VENOM!”

Symbiote fans unite!

#565 9 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Any California peeps get their LE (home use) yet? Been crickets for me, think I Jinxed myself when I got excited my distributor said it was shipping this week and now nothing.

Supposedly the LE shipments are arriving at my distributor on Monday, but they aren’t doing any deliveries this week because of next weekend’s Pin-a-Go-Go festival. So another week and a half or so until delivery. Unlucky timing… if they’d shipped out a day earlier…

#566 9 months ago

That’s awesome. My girls came up to the gameroom and yelled “VENOM!”
Symbiote fans unite!

That's just icing on the cake having family excited about games also, wish my kids were younger when I started collecting. Looking forward to your stream tonight!!!

#567 9 months ago

Hey LE & Premium owners!

The Big Ol' Badonkkelganger is causing a problem for most adult-height players -- and it's Rocket City Pinball to the rescue!

This drove me crazy right away, because I was looking for a shot I was supposed to shoot, and couldn't find it. The right orbit arrow insert isn't visible!

Eventually I figured out on my LE that I can see its reflection in the mirror blade. I don't like taking my eyes off the playfield to look over at the wall -- especially with how fast this game plays -- and Premium owners won't have mirror blades anyway (unless they buy aftermarket ones) ... so something else was needed.

The mirror blade gave me an idea though. Here is my PROTOTYPE / PROOF OF CONCEPT, that will be improved for production (waiting on proper size mirror pieces):

On the right ramp, there's a hex spacer holding up the plastic ramp cover ... so I've designed a mirror mount to attach here, that will hold a small mirror in place. From where the player stands, it offers a perfect reflection of the arrow insert, allowing you to have a clearer view of the lit insert without having to move or take your eyes off the playfield!

The view above is taken from the player's perspective. I have better mirror parts on order -- acrylic mirror, so no need to worry about potential broken glass inside the game -- and will refine the model, get them into production, and put them up in my Rocket City Pinball shop!

#568 9 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Hey LE & Premium owners!
The Big Ol' Badonkkelganger is causing a problem for most adult-height players -- and it's Rocket City Pinball to the rescue!
[quoted image]
This drove me crazy right away, because I was looking for a shot I was supposed to shoot, and couldn't find it. The right orbit arrow insert isn't visible!
Eventually I figured out on my LE that I can see its reflection in the mirror blade. I don't like taking my eyes off the playfield to look over at the wall -- especially with how fast this game plays -- and Premium owners won't have mirror blades anyway (unless they buy aftermarket ones) ... so something else was needed.
The mirror blade gave me an idea though. Here is my PROTOTYPE / PROOF OF CONCEPT, that will be improved for production (waiting on proper size mirror pieces):
[quoted image]
On the right ramp, there's a hex spacer holding up the plastic ramp cover ... so I've designed a mirror mount to attach here, that will hold a small mirror in place. From where the player stands, it offers a perfect reflection of the arrow insert, allowing you to have a clearer view of the lit insert without having to move or take your eyes off the playfield!
[quoted image]
The view above is taken from the player's perspective. I have better mirror parts on order -- acrylic mirror, so no need to worry about potential broken glass inside the game -- and will refine the model, get them into production, and put them up in my Rocket City Pinball shop!

Thank you for working on this!

#569 9 months ago
Quoted from PBSaltyKracker:

As requested

Are those speaker making a difference even on the le that comes with better speaker or only with on the pro/prem?
Thanks

#570 9 months ago
Quoted from skwal:

Are those speaker making a difference even on the le that comes with better speaker or only with on the pro/prem?
Thanks

How did you end up installing them? Id assume thouse speakers don't have the exact connection needed to peice them into the old speaker connection

#571 9 months ago

Just played a few games with the my anti-badonkkelganger mirror prototype, and it works like a charm, I absolutely love it. Don't mind the line across the reflection, that's from my split/sloppy cut mirror, that should be gone on the final version.

Also installed my Flipmods opto board savers, I've had them for days and kept forgetting to put them on, derp.

Both of these are gonna be must-have mods!

20231006_222239 (resized).jpg20231006_222239 (resized).jpg
#572 9 months ago

Very.
Thank you for a great product. Can’t wait to see what mods the community comes out with!
I’ve got my speaker light kits on order from DugFreez at Speakerlightkits.com and the awesome grill designs from scotty086.
It’s going to get nuts!

I believe you linked to the wrong scotty.....I think you meant ScottyC

#573 9 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I believe you linked to the wrong scotty.....I think you meant ScottyC

Good catch. Thanks.

#574 9 months ago

Venomized Ghost Rider has some of the baddest art out there.[quoted image]

All the animations for Venomized Ghost Rider character are already in the game code, since the first public version:
gr.pnggr.png

GR2.pngGR2.png
#575 9 months ago

That was FAST and FUN.

I can't wait for you guys to get yours. So much going on and in a good way.

#576 9 months ago

U.K. games must be coming via a group of small child in a paddle boat, either a slow roll out or a lack of patience this time on my part but while I wait there’s a few areas that need some love.

Introducing Carnage’s Ravencroft Breakout!

There’s not much space in this are but a little clever distortion of the gates around the ramps and wireforms adds a tonne of depth and just looks cool.

The lanterns will flicker, especially the broken left lantern but hoping to make them both fully interactive with a Stumblor board, so behaviour changes triggered by game events (currently testing the prototype).

I am working on a pretty aggressive/killer looking Carnage sculpt too, as I wanted the whole area to look like Carnage had gone on a rampage and broken out of Ravencroft, the Ravencroft building sculpt will look like a war zone

310D8608-E9FC-40B5-A6AB-E0E72FB5689A (resized).png310D8608-E9FC-40B5-A6AB-E0E72FB5689A (resized).png
#577 9 months ago

I received some related readings while waiting for my LE (due to late october/early november here in France)

PXL_20231007_085026370.jpgPXL_20231007_085026370.jpg

#578 9 months ago

Ghost Rider is happy for his inclusion in the game!

PXL_20231007_090022473.jpgPXL_20231007_090022473.jpg

#579 9 months ago

Not sure, I only have pro’s. Venom is my first premium. But I can tell you that my AIQ pro sounds MUCH clearer than my buddy’s LE. And the speech on Godzilla is 100% better.

Quoted from skwal:

Thanks

#580 9 months ago

Simple crimp connector with shrink wrap to protect. Too simple.

Quoted from Nicoli125:

How did you end up installing them? Id assume thouse speakers don't have the exact connection needed to peice them into the old speaker connection

#581 9 months ago

#286 checking in…happy to join the club

71823509596__260C4DD4-B463-472A-B15E-E2C579772E19 (resized).jpeg71823509596__260C4DD4-B463-472A-B15E-E2C579772E19 (resized).jpegIMG_2207 (resized).jpegIMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
#582 9 months ago

The fastest ball action of any Stern game to date. Venom is the first Stern where I believe the hold strength for the flippers needs to be increased ? Several times a game the ball’s velocity pushes the flipper down. Music ,sound effects are perfect for this game!! Iam absolutely thrilled with my decision to buy it!! It’s only going to get better with new code!!!! Anyone saying anything negative about Venom, 1) isn’t into pinball ,2) played it in the wrong environment 3) Game wasn’t set up correctly 4) Pin -Woofer with external sub -woofer wasn’t installed 5) Your playing a Pro,. Playing pinball in a bar or at a trade show is god-awful compared to a Man-Cave at home
Bars and trade shows never have sound systems/external sub woofers installed, and the stock rubbers are still on, games aren’t pitched correctly, and also playfields aren’t waxed properly. My point is Pinball is 1000x better at home!!! 0-Distractions, Volume Up!! Pitch Black Room!!! Venom is another Excellent Game !! Stern is #-1, the others don’t even come close!!! The red side on the LE never gets old to look at!!! Art-Work deserves an award!! It’s spectacular!! LE=Living the Pinball Life, never in a million years did I think a basic fan-layout could be this much fun!! You want the polar opposite? Play a Houdini !! What a brickfest!!!!

#583 9 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Ghost Rider is happy for his inclusion in the game!
[quoted image]

He looks so happy to be included! I love these! My son-in-law absolutely gets into Lego… I just like the keychains for m pin keys.

F8589C93-1853-442F-884B-28AFC69D26A7 (resized).pngF8589C93-1853-442F-884B-28AFC69D26A7 (resized).png
#584 9 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Hey LE & Premium owners!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That’s a great idea! Someone came out with a mirror for the pops and rollover in SW a few years back and it did the same, gave visibility to an obscured area.

#585 9 months ago

Okay folks, the CRCADES drawing for the RAVENCROFT mod is less than a week out…if you a) haven’t signed up for the drawing…you should bc it is an AWESOME mod and a few more entries DOUBLES everyone’s chance at winning and b) check out his shooter rod mods…I’ve got carnage and it is a REALLY nice touch, super detailed and smooth and c) keep an eye out for the PCB board protection mod he has in the works…it will be CRUNK as well (learned that word from my Gkids).
Now if my Premium would just get here…I’m jones-ing for some venom.

Thanks! Appreciate hearing this of course! I had to look it up too… yes, this game is certainly intoxicating and exciting! I put a Carnage 3D in my LE and will have a pic of it when I get back home this evening!

Repost and blast away at the Giveaway ALL you want! I do this in my retirement for fun, beats hanging out on a golf course (no disrespect for golf lovers, we’re all just whacking a tiny ball around, anyways!) so I would be thrilled to give away the $1325 worth of the Ravencroft MODs, the VENOM Shooter Rods and the cash prize!!!

#586 9 months ago

These are a direct bolt up to pro’s and premiums. Backbox on LE May take a different speaker. 6” maybe??? Pioneer offer same speaker on 6”.

Simple crimp connector with shrink wrap to protect. Too simple.

#587 9 months ago
Quoted from CRCades:

He looks so happy to be included! I love these! My son-in-law absolutely gets into Lego… I just like the keychains for m pin keys.[quoted image]

I picked up some keychains a few years ago:

PXL_20231007_133833943.jpgPXL_20231007_133833943.jpg
#588 9 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I picked up some keychains a few years ago:[quoted image]

That’s awesome! My dilemma would be that I only use one on each key ring so you’ve got three or more for venom… which one to use?
Since I have my Carnage shooter rod on there, I’d probably go with ghost rider. Now I need to check Amazon for one.

#589 9 months ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

….also playfields aren’t waxed properly…

Since when should we be waxing new clear-coated playfields? Wouldn’t this just make the ball slide around instead of roll?

#590 9 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Since when should we be waxing new clear-coated playfields? Wouldn’t this just make the ball slide around instead of roll?

Careful, this could be volatile! There are two camps to this issue one promotes waxing, while the other one does not. Personally I don’t believe in waxing, but YMMV

#591 9 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

U.K. games must be coming via a group of small child in a paddle boat, either a slow roll out or a lack of patience this time on my part but while I wait there’s a few areas that need some love.
Introducing Carnage’s Ravencroft Breakout!
There’s not much space in this are but a little clever distortion of the gates around the ramps and wireforms adds a tonne of depth and just looks cool.
The lanterns will flicker, especially the broken left lantern but hoping to make them both fully interactive with a Stumblor board, so behaviour changes triggered by game events (currently testing the prototype).
I am working on a pretty aggressive/killer looking Carnage sculpt too, as I wanted the whole area to look like Carnage had gone on a rampage and broken out of Ravencroft, the Ravencroft building sculpt will look like a war zone
[quoted image]

I loved your Bond shooter rod, sign me up for this one too!

#592 9 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I picked up some keychains a few years ago:[quoted image]

SWEET! Picked up the last one on Amazon for $10.99
Thanks bud!

E757F3E2-BD5E-4BD8-92FF-5CD7156C45DF (resized).pngE757F3E2-BD5E-4BD8-92FF-5CD7156C45DF (resized).png
#593 9 months ago

The bell sound is SO SATISFYING.

#594 9 months ago

My LE should be here this coming week. Going to be ordering some of those bad @ss mods from CRCades.

#595 9 months ago
Quoted from Orko:

My LE should be here this coming week. Going to be ordering some of those bad @ss mods from CRCades.

Thanks! You will LOVE the LE!!! It’s simply beautiful! And an awesome fast game, so far I’m loving it!
Don’t forget to join in on the Giveaway for Venom MODs!
Just a few days left and could be up to $1325 in MODs and cash!

#596 9 months ago

Ceramic spray used on cars works excellent to keep playfield clean and fast, no residue or dust.

#597 9 months ago

I have had Venom since the first week of its release. It is on the latest code. Starting today it has begun to reset periodically. It has reset about ten times in 5 hours. I have reseated the SD card and did a factory reset to no avail. Any thoughts here?

#598 9 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

I have had Venom since the first week of its release. It is on the latest code. Starting today it has begun to reset periodically. It has reset about ten times in 5 hours. I have reseated the SD card and did a factory reset to no avail. Any thoughts here?

Check power supply output is 48v to the PDB. There's a pot you can use to adjust up if needed.

If not that, try imaging a new sd card. The stern ones are garbage.

#599 9 months ago

No shortage of funkos for venomized fun

20231007_180112 (resized).jpg20231007_180112 (resized).jpg
#600 9 months ago
20231007_180256 (resized).jpg20231007_180256 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 24.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

9,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

There are 4,096 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.