(Topic ID: 321098)

Venom or Bond. Stern poll

By PaulCoff

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which pinball machine will Stern make next in August/September 2022”

• Bond 227 votes
      57%
    • Venom 168 votes
      43%

(395 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F7323373-7C88-4092-9ADC-0B438B358F4A (resized).jpeg
    7ABB9F37-D8C6-41BE-BB53-E3330C28017B (resized).jpeg
    901AACD5-19C3-4928-AA16-1321DCB63BA7.gif
    20220828_204755 (resized).jpg
    E14713A2-11CD-4866-A7C9-E042F067E96A (resized).jpeg
    9F0CF98E-4B35-45C6-A9B4-BA385AD98F85 (resized).jpeg
    image-12 (resized).jpg
    ezgif-1-7da83d36e6.gif
    Bond (resized).jpg
    1ee71b6642ca3e65dc095e8f32c14eb427ddcea5 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    08EE3E88-2C7D-414D-8F32-4345E2A36A64 (resized).jpeg
    There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Borg is not Elwin so no more love.
    All good, but Law should find another one to play.
    Upper flipper can be smooth as buttah.

Agreed on TheLaw's need to try again on a different Rush (an LE preferably).

Love Borg's games! And Elwin's! And Meunier's, and Ritchie's, and Lawlor's, and Danesi's, and etc, etc, etc.!

We are all fortunate to be able to own as well as play their games.

#102 1 year ago

Borg is one of the great one’s on pinball layout designs.

#103 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Seriously?!
    Don't get me wrong - I respect your opinion man. I'm just ... surprised, that's all as I find RUSH to be a super fun game to shoot!

When I first bought Rush, I thought it was terrible. I’ve had it for awhile and I’m starting to enjoy it a lot.
    The game was such a ball buster at first and I couldn’t get a feel for the flow but now I’m starting to appreciate it and learn how to post a score.
    I dig it and I don’t even get into Rush very much.

#104 1 year ago

Sorry after the first week of kids' school I've finally been drinking all night....let's catch up.

Seriously?!
    I'm just ... surprised, that's all as I find RUSH to be a super fun game to shoot!

Fair fair...totally fair. We all like diff'rent machines; no reason to hold it against anyone. Some of the games you own are the best playing games ever & some are the worst. You never know.

Quoted from Vino:

Borg is not Elwin so no love..

Borg will never be Elwin because, as you know, he doesn't have Lyman to bail him out anymore. BUT I wasn't a huge fan of JP.

Agreed on TheLaw's need to try again on a different Rush (an LE preferably).

Think I've played 1 LE in my lifetime....Tron; which was a Borg and a legend! (Lyman)
    But TRUE; each machine is diff'rent. eXpecially with the weird shitty condition Rush machines were in.

...(an LE preferably).

Buuut Hate LE's, never want to play or own them. Stupid Check Cutter shit that's ruining this lifestyle brand.

Love Borg's games!

Got some all time great games!

Master Class!

And Meunier's...

Well he's really impressed with his own designs so um; that's well.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Borg is one of the great one’s on pinball layout designs.

Yes Pat Lawlor would agree. But seriously I love the the Rush target shot behind the drops; that shit is sweet!

Quoted from kklank:

I dig it and I don’t even get into Rush very much.

It's almost like theme and fun aren't connected? Crazy!

EDIT: Let's See, aboot to trade/lend a TWD for a TMNT next week. Should be interesting.

Quoted from TheLaw:

But seriously I love the the Rush target shot behind the drops; that shit is sweet!

From Beatles.

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

... Think I've played 1 LE in my lifetime....Tron; which was a Borg and a legend! (Lyman)
    But TRUE; each machine is diff'rent. eXpecially with the weird shitty condition Rush machines were in.

Buuut Hate LE's, never want to play or own them. Stupid Check Cutter shit that's ruining this lifestyle brand.

I typically prefer to buy and customize (pimp out) Premiums. RUSH was an exception though as I prefer the art package and unique bling that Stern offered on it. Particularly the Expression Lighting - it adds a HUGE dimension to the game's aesthetics!

#106 1 year ago

Stern could easily do three blind mice multiball from Dr. No to save on cost since the music should be public domain by now.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from reffob:

I've heard from slightly less wonky sources that it is Bond, but this is the first I'm hearing of a specific film. If Thunderball is true it seems like an odd choice to theme it after one 50+ year old Bond movie, BUT I will say even though I wasn't born during the Connery era those are the films that I personally think of when I think James Bond. There have been great Bond films throughout the years but that would be the era that would interest me the most. So I am intrigued.
    Plus the name checks out. I can imagine a Thunderball Multiball.

I love the James Bond movies and theme but if it is only based on thecThunderball movie, I am likely out.

#108 1 year ago

Rumor is: Bond based on 4 Connery movies.

#109 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hope so, love Bond Movies but there are so much better choices than Thunderball.

Diamonds are Forever + Never Say Never Again are better Connery movies.

Roger Moore is my fav with Live and Let Die + A view to a Kill

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hope so, love Bond Movies but there are so much better choices than Thunderball.
    ... Never Say Never Again are better Connery movies...

First time this has ever been spoken or written.
    Shitty refake better than the OG

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

1. Dr. No
    2. Goldfinger
    3. Thunderball
    4. Never Say Never Again

#112 1 year ago

Dr.No
    From Russia with Love
    Goldfinger
    Thunderball/Diamonds are forever

Would be my pick of 4 Connery movies, you only live twice would stand out too much between the rest for a cohesive package and never say never again is highly unlikely due to the 40+ year legal battle broccoli & co have endured over it, plus it wasn’t an EON production.

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Would be seem a little odd to base it on 4 Connery movies and leave 1 out.

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Dr.No
    From Russia with Love
    Goldfinger
    Thunderball/Diamonds are forever
    Would be my pick of 4 Connery movies, you only live twice would stand out too much between the rest for a cohesive package and never say never again is highly unlikely due to the 40+ year legal battle broccoli & co have endured over it, plus it wasn’t an EON production.

Plus Never Say Never Again is basically a remake of Thunderball so it would be a little redundant and odd to have both.

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Plus Never Say Never Again is basically a remake of Thunderball so it would be a little redundant and odd to have both.

I didn’t include Never say never again as it’s not an EON production. Which is why it’s always left out of official anniversary releases like the 40th and 50th sets.

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I didn’t include Never say never again as it’s not an EON production. Which is why it’s always left out of official anniversary releases like the 40th and 50th sets.

Research Kevin McClory and thunderball.
    He claimed writing credit and strong armed broccoli and saltzman
    to get a producer credit and then he made never say never again
    because he still had some rights to that original story.

It's a good read.

#117 1 year ago

So sad it’s not venom, will it be made next?

#118 1 year ago

Here’s hoping Venom is next. I am out on Bond.

#120 1 year ago

Really hoping venom is next!!

#121 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Really hoping venom is next!!

I was all set for Venom, still am.
    Who knows what stern might do, but Bond does look like it will be next.
    Hope I’m wrong.

https://twitter.com/sternpinballinc/status/1567150906939949058?cxt=HHwWhICy2cvc0b8rAAAA

#122 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dirk:

My distributor told me last week it will be venom.

This didn't age well.

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

Research Kevin McClory and thunderball.
    He claimed writing credit and strong armed broccoli and saltzman
    to get a producer credit and then he made never say never again
    because he still had some rights to that original story.
    It's a good read.

Not totally correct, he indeed was the mind behind Thunderball not Fleming.

Thunderball was originally a screenplay written by McClory, Fleming liked it so much he ended up writing Thunderball, which then got made into a movie, that’s where the dispute between Fleming and McClory started.

McClory and some other dude (his name escapes me) claimed it was his/their original work sued Fleming and his estate and won, but with a number of stipulations in place, basically McClory and co. only won the rights to their story/screenplay and it’s associated characters, events etc.

Basically his only option was to remake Thunderball if he wanted to make a movie, which lead to Never say never again being a carbon copy of Thunderball with a few name and location changes.
    From memory so apologies for any inaccuracies but the rights where not different, it was all due to a dispute between the writers of a screenplay that was supposedly copied by Fleming, leading to him writing Thunderball.

The writer and creator (might have been two individuals) who claimed it was their original work sued Fleming and his estate and won, but a stipulation in the win ment that they only won the rights to that story and it’s associated characters, events etc.

Basically they had to remake Thunderball if they wanted to make a movie, which lead to Never say never again being a carbon copy of Thunderball with a few name and location changes.

Also I am pretty sure it was finally resolved around 2012/2013, will have to Google that one to be 100%. Anyhoo I’m sure that is why they could finally use Blofeld and SPECTRE in Daniel Craig’s 4th movie of the same name, something they originally wanted to introduce in Skyfall but where legally unable too.

The on going legal battle lasted until around 2012/2013, when Broccoli bright the rights back of the formers estate, which is why EoN, broccoli and co. could finally use Blofeld and Spectre in Daniel Craig’s 4th movie of the same name, something they originally wanted to introduce in Skyfall but where legally unable too, which is why we got the mystery Spectre like organisation Quantum prior to the resolution of the legal issues.

Apologies if a few minor details are incorrect, Bond geek rant over

#124 1 year ago

It's a limited amount of 007 LE's. Maybe it's not a cornerstone game? Might be like Elvira or heavy metal? Venom next month?

Also Eminem had a track on venom and released a greatest hits with a pinball album cover

#125 1 year ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Would be seem a little odd to base it on 4 Connery movies and leave 1 out.

Would agree with that. Now that we know for sure its being released, will be interesting to see if 4 or more are represented. Whatever it is, I’m in!

#126 1 year ago

George Lazenby alone would piss all over venom!

#127 1 year ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

This didn't age well.

Time to shop for a new distributor

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.