(Topic ID: 321098)

Venom or Bond. Stern poll

By PaulCoff

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which pinball machine will Stern make next in August/September 2022”

• Bond 227 votes
      57%
    • Venom 168 votes
      43%

(395 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F7323373-7C88-4092-9ADC-0B438B358F4A (resized).jpeg
    7ABB9F37-D8C6-41BE-BB53-E3330C28017B (resized).jpeg
    901AACD5-19C3-4928-AA16-1321DCB63BA7.gif
    20220828_204755 (resized).jpg
    E14713A2-11CD-4866-A7C9-E042F067E96A (resized).jpeg
    9F0CF98E-4B35-45C6-A9B4-BA385AD98F85 (resized).jpeg
    image-12 (resized).jpg
    ezgif-1-7da83d36e6.gif
    Bond (resized).jpg
    1ee71b6642ca3e65dc095e8f32c14eb427ddcea5 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    08EE3E88-2C7D-414D-8F32-4345E2A36A64 (resized).jpeg
    There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from zaki:

Would there be protests if it's based on the Roger moore movies?

Isnt that him on the 1980 Game?

image-12 (resized).jpgimage-12 (resized).jpg
    #52 1 year ago

I sincerely hope it's Bond. I really like some of Sterns Marvel pins, but there are already so many.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballZach:

I’d prefer Venom over Bond, but I still think venom is just codename for Cobra Kai. The show starts up again next week. If it was Venom you would think they would have revealed it a ComicCon last month. I guess we will just have to wait and see…

History has shown that things like "show starts up again" (or movie release dates, etc) have zero impact on Stern release schedules. There are too many variables for them to be able to time things out like that.

#54 1 year ago

Here's the slot machine I was talking about.

Looks like they have several different eras licensed. Kind of blows away the "no way you'll get a license" theory.

https://www.sggaming.com/games/scientific-games/James-Bond-Game-Series

#55 1 year ago

Starting to get the feeling the next Stern machine will be Bond, but I would rather see Venom.
    Still happy to see any new Stern.
    9F0CF98E-4B35-45C6-A9B4-BA385AD98F85 (resized).jpeg9F0CF98E-4B35-45C6-A9B4-BA385AD98F85 (resized).jpeg

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

..Kind of blows away the "no way you'll get a license" theory.

Slot machine people got no problem affording fees

#57 1 year ago

BOND. PLEASE!!!!!!!!

#58 1 year ago

My distributor told me last week it will be venom.

#59 1 year ago

Venom is an awful theme. But I do like the idea of a supervillain table... a dedicated Joker table would be amazing.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Seems unlikely they’d get the Connery assets. My guess is modern theme with Daniel Craig. Or perhaps a more generic no actor specific bond?

E14713A2-11CD-4866-A7C9-E042F067E96A (resized).jpegE14713A2-11CD-4866-A7C9-E042F067E96A (resized).jpeg
    #61 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Isnt that him on the 1980 Game?
    [quoted image]

Guess so. Is that based on moonraker?

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Slot machine people got no problem affording fees

Right, but dog humping on slot licenses is what Kapow does (from my understanding) Maybe Stern is cutting out the middle man.

#63 1 year ago

James Bond all day for me.
    Personally. Give me Sean Connery with all the villains. It would be spectacular.
    Make the LE in gold with the dead naked chick painted in gold on the backglass. The Goldfinger edition.

#64 1 year ago

Bond all day. 100% what it is

#65 1 year ago

Bond is a dream theme for me

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Venom is an awful theme. But I do like the idea of a supervillain table... a dedicated Joker table would be amazing.

That's the homebrew/conversion I want to do someday.
    The Clown Prince of Crime.

20220828_204755 (resized).jpg20220828_204755 (resized).jpg
    #67 1 year ago

I'm currently working my way through the Bond movies in chronological order. Just finished From Russia With Love last night. Fun movies. I still want Venom

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm currently working my way through the Bond movies in chronological order. Just finished From Russia With Love last night. Fun movies. I still want Venom

Same here providing layouts are fun and not just cookie cutter, I’d be interested in Venom for all the family and Bond for myself

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Same here providing layouts are fun and not just cookie cutter, I’d be interested in Venom for all the family and Bond for myself

Which recycler is up on this? Gomez?

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Which recycler is up on this? Gomez?

Eddy is supposedly on Venom
    Gomez scrapped Ritchie layout to start over which is rumoured to be Bond.

The recycling King shouldn’t be up for at least 4-5 more games.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Eddy is supposedly on Venom
    Gomez scrapped Ritchie layout to start over which is rumoured to be Bond.
    The recycling King shouldn’t be up for at least 4-5 more games.

Mando is def a new layout so there is that.
    I don't know what Gomez can do, recent layouts are basically reskins.

#72 1 year ago

can someone who has talked to someone in the know just tell us...is it bond or venom????

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

can someone who has talked to someone in the know just tell us...is it bond or venom????

901AACD5-19C3-4928-AA16-1321DCB63BA7.gif901AACD5-19C3-4928-AA16-1321DCB63BA7.gif

#74 1 year ago

I want both, but really hoping Venom is like Deadpool 2.0 with great art and fun code. As much as I like rush, I almost find the shots to not be as satisfying compared to when I play my Deadpool. Hoping for something maybe a little on the simple side with classic style fun either way.

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I want both, but really hoping Venom is like Deadpool 2.0 with great art and fun code. As much as I like rush, I almost find the shots to not be as satisfying compared to when I play my Deadpool. Hoping for something maybe a little on the simple side with classic style fun either way.

Sounds like you should add some older Williams games to your collection!

#76 1 year ago

I've had a few, they're really not for me. I enjoy TAF, but TZ and IJ didnt resonate with me. I am enjoying CC but the remake. The first pins I ever played were modern Sterns so that shaped a bit of my preference. I am trying to mix up the lineup a little though.

Quoted from kklank:

Sounds like you should add some older Williams games to your collection!

#77 1 year ago

Copied this from the slot machine page posted earlier. Could not help but see the reference to "venomous assassins"!

https://www.sggaming.com/games/Scientific-Games/class3/premium-games/JAMES-BOND-LIVE-AND-LET-DIE-18116

Live And Let Die, the 1973 James Bond film that is well-known for a its New Orleans backdrop, and venomous assassins, is now showcased on the remarkable Gamefield 2.0™ Premium Cabinet.

If its James Bond Live and Let Die....Jerry @ Player One will be getting an email.

PinWalker

#78 1 year ago

James Bond Day is 5th October (60th anniversary in 2022)

Gomez/Franchi on Bond for October 2022

#79 1 year ago

I don't even know what Venom is????

#80 1 year ago

Oh lord another May the 4th da

Quoted from aldrichg9:

I don't even know what Venom is????

Spidermans cousin.

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh lord another May the 4th da

Spidermans cousin.

You mean Deadpool?

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

You mean Deadpool?

I think Deadpool is both of their nephews

#83 1 year ago

I'm definitely in the Bond camp, a top theme for me, nearly as much as JAWS. DPLE was my one comicbook theme game, don't really need another one like Venom.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Mando is def a new layout so there is that.
    I don't know what Gomez can do, recent layouts are basically reskins.

Deadpool is Gomez and a great layout, helped by very accessible and fun code.

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Venom should be a no brainer, a lot of Deadpool was cut due to the restricted development time. So given a second shot at a similar style game, give it all the stuff Deadpool had cut.

Plenty of enemies you can choose to battle, take your pick of symbiotes - Scream, Lasher, Phage, Agony, Riot, Mania, Sleeper and of course Carnage!

Throw in Spider-Man as an ally or wizard mode. Demogoblin is another great character and would look amazing drawn by Yeti. Add Morbius in as a cameo and he could power up into Rune, not comic accurate but Rune was a vampire Hunter that merged with a symbiote but Morbius would be a nice Easter egg.

Lots of potential for a kick ass venom game whether your a comic book fan or not, Deadpool 2.0 would be fun time for most.

#86 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Watched Goldfinger last night and really enjoyed it. I can see why its held in such high regard with Bond fans. I assume thats the Aston that Joe Kaminkow is making a replica of? Thats gonna be so cool!

#87 1 year ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Deadpool is Gomez and a great layout...

Sure. Its also basically an avengers retread is what we're talking aboot.

The worry with Venom is it slipping further into a 2d fighting theme, which we already just had 2 of. Hopefully they pull away from that.

#88 1 year ago

The poll asks which game we think Stern will make next, but (based on most of the comments) it seems to be asking us which one we’d prefer. I voted Venom based on the way the question was written, but I’d much prefer Bond…especially if it has multiple actor portrayals of the character.

#89 1 year ago
    Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

The poll asks which game...

Yeah titles and polls don't mean much. No matter what they devolve into favorites and then a bunch of games not listed.

The actual question though is even more pointless.

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure. Its also basically an avengers retread is what we're talking aboot.
    The worry with Venom is it slipping further into a 2d fighting theme, which we already just had 2 of. Hopefully they pull away from that.

You know what dude I hadn’t even connected the two, likely due to my complete lack of time on the original avengers after battling with a friends complete clunkfest out of the box.

But yeah there are a few similarities now you’ve pointed it out, but as long as it’s fun I could live with another fighting style game and the 2D animations in Deadpool look way better than the 3D stuff from Stern in say TMNT.

Speaking of colt and paste layouts I played Rush this past weekend with an Xmen as well to compare and that thing is practically a carbon copy but boy does Rush suck the fun out the room, that thing is just not fun to shoot.

#91 1 year ago

Rush is.....not what I would call fun to shoot either. Its decent but the upper flipper for me is sloppy as shit. Seems more like Frankenstein than XMen
    Fun is the most important thing; I just don't want them to fall into a rubber stamped kind of situation. I just don't want them to say "ok we got a comic theme; 2d fighting with health bar."
    I dont like lazy

#93 1 year ago

If it's all the Bonds, I am in. If it's just Connery (especially just one older movie) I am out.

I will 100% get Venom if Brian Eddy is the designer.

#94 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Watched Goldfinger last night and really enjoyed it. I can see why its held in such high regard with Bond fans. I assume thats the Aston that Joe Kaminkow is making a replica of? Thats gonna be so cool!

Pussy Galore!!

#95 1 year ago
    7ABB9F37-D8C6-41BE-BB53-E3330C28017B (resized).jpeg7ABB9F37-D8C6-41BE-BB53-E3330C28017B (resized).jpeg
    #96 1 year ago

That is still one of the best of all time names I’ve ever heard in a movie. Just hilarious.
    Go Pussy go!

#97 1 year ago
    Quoted from kklank:

That is still one of the best of all time names I’ve ever heard in a movie. Just hilarious.
    Go Pussy go!

Can’t forget about Allota Fagina on Austin powers. Great parody name. And the Fook twins

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

2d fighting with health bar."
    I dont like lazy

Hmm..How lazy?

F7323373-7C88-4092-9ADC-0B438B358F4A (resized).jpegF7323373-7C88-4092-9ADC-0B438B358F4A (resized).jpeg

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Rush is.....not what I would call fun to shoot either.

Seriously?!

Don't get me wrong - I respect your opinion man. I'm just ... surprised, that's all as I find RUSH to be a super fun game to shoot!

#100 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Seriously?!
    Don't get me wrong - I respect your opinion man. I'm just ... surprised, that's all as I find RUSH to be a super fun game to shoot!

Borg is not Elwin so no love..
    But seriously, Law should seek another to play.
    Upper flipper can be smooth as buttah.

There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/venom-or-bond-stern-poll-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.