Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by chuckcasey
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Venom by Stern Pinball? Choose all that apply:”

• Yes, I’m interested. 83 votes
      22%
    • No, not interested. 161 votes
      42%
    • Day One LE buyer 25 votes
      7%
    • I’ll just play on location 58 votes
      15%
    • Sony movie version 7 votes
      2%
    • Marvel comic version 47 votes
      12%

(381 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A5AC4EF2-F8C1-4D58-BB4B-BA8874C699C6 (resized).jpeg
    everlong.jpeg
    5ffd5dc00e82f02db54b9d66389f4021 (resized).jpg
    Eminem-Curtain-Call-2-Greatest-Hits (resized).jpg
    399ED03D-076C-41BB-94A7-55DDBC25C12F (resized).jpeg
    61BvT+xlSzL.jpg
    1__OTucWGzNjMeNaebauEXHw[1] (resized).jpeg
    D4B5F090-4F5C-4061-8964-C042B9E94269 (resized).jpeg
    B6FACD0C-441B-4699-8184-CCFCDFE324A9 (resized).jpeg
    89C750F7-26EB-40FA-B97B-A27DD73C6B20 (resized).jpeg
    20211110_183201 (resized).jpg
    549EC363-575F-4FFC-88BC-929254CECC4D (resized).jpeg
    salad (resized).png
    59B7743F-1B02-4692-AAED-4B7E8311DA0B.gif
    images (2) (resized).jpeg
    images (3) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 2 years ago

At this point I am a hard pass on anything to do with comics and/or Marvel movies. On the other hand The Boys is something I could get behind, but it is sort of the anti comic book show and that's why I love it.

Aside from Rush and Bond, I haven't heard of any rumors from any of the pinball companies that gets me excited. Jaws would have been a much better theme for Brian Eddy than Venom. Oh well, saves me some money for other hobbies and gets me out in the fresh air!

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

But for all of those people who are saying they knew it weeks or months ago so should they have done a podcast I would love to hear you put one together so please post the link when you make it so we can all listen.

So because people are let in on proprietary information that is a company secret, they have a responsibility to report it here? You realize that is exactly what you are saying? Yes, many know the titles ahead of time and have signed NDAs or learned it confidentially from someone who does. This walking, talking rectum that is referred to as K Man is simply the one who has no ethics or personal integrity. He is willing to repeat any information that people feed to him whether right or wrong for a chance at this petty personal glory. Meanwhile dozens of people sit quiet and keep the information confidential out of respect for the businesses and livelihoods that are involved. This includes respectable pod casters who would rather get correct information directly from Stern and the other pinball companies than burn those bridges by reporting ahead of time.

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

It's pinball FFS and talking about the livelihoods of people is a ridiculous like this is going to have any impact on anyone or cause them to get fired. It's not like some top secret highly classified government document was leaked here and if anything it starts the hype train rolling which Stern loves since it's free marketing and will gather so much steam it will sell out before it's even officially announced.

Wow. Why go through all the bother of keeping it secret and having NDAs and all of that if it doesn't impact the business and bottom line? This is done in a lot more industries than pinball and people certainly get fired on a daily basis breaking NDAs. You do realize pinball has become a highly competitive business with multiple companies trying to stab each other in the back? There is nothing wrong with conjecture/wishing out loud here in a forum. That is a whole lot different than someone on a podcast leaking the confidential news.

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Let's not pretend Kaneda just ruined a life by breaking news. The source had a choice to disclose or not disclose the venom info. Kaneda is not under an NDA and can do whatever he pleases with that info. Kaneda doesn't work for Stern, he's a personality/reporter. If he gets info it's his choice on how he reveals it.

You do bring up a good point that I should have mentioned, but didn't because it is obvious: K is nothing but a tool in this situation. The people who leak to him are the ones who are violating a trust because they know he is going to turn around and tell the world. They are simply using him because they know he has no integrity and as you point out, he is not under an NDA. The people who talk into K's ear are the true assholes in this situation (unless of course they are lying to make him look like a fool).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/venom-by-stern-pinball?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.