Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by chuckcasey
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Venom by Stern Pinball? Choose all that apply:”

• Yes, I’m interested. 83 votes
      22%
    • No, not interested. 161 votes
      42%
    • Day One LE buyer 25 votes
      7%
    • I’ll just play on location 58 votes
      15%
    • Sony movie version 7 votes
      2%
    • Marvel comic version 47 votes
      12%

(381 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A5AC4EF2-F8C1-4D58-BB4B-BA8874C699C6 (resized).jpeg
    everlong.jpeg
    5ffd5dc00e82f02db54b9d66389f4021 (resized).jpg
    Eminem-Curtain-Call-2-Greatest-Hits (resized).jpg
    399ED03D-076C-41BB-94A7-55DDBC25C12F (resized).jpeg
    61BvT+xlSzL.jpg
    1__OTucWGzNjMeNaebauEXHw[1] (resized).jpeg
    D4B5F090-4F5C-4061-8964-C042B9E94269 (resized).jpeg
    B6FACD0C-441B-4699-8184-CCFCDFE324A9 (resized).jpeg
    89C750F7-26EB-40FA-B97B-A27DD73C6B20 (resized).jpeg
    20211110_183201 (resized).jpg
    549EC363-575F-4FFC-88BC-929254CECC4D (resized).jpeg
    salad (resized).png
    59B7743F-1B02-4692-AAED-4B7E8311DA0B.gif
    images (2) (resized).jpeg
    images (3) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 2 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

You do bring up a good point that I should have mentioned, but didn't because it is obvious: K is nothing but a tool in this situation. The people who leak to him are the ones who are violating a trust because they know he is going to turn around and tell the world. They are simply using him because they know he has no integrity and as you point out, he is not under an NDA. The people who talk into K's ear are the true assholes in this situation (unless of course they are lying to make him look like a fool).

Could easily be Stern behind the anonymous communication leaking news to K knowing he will leak it for the attention without fail. Free publicity and market hype, last few titles took a while to leak but Rush is going to be divisive if you ain’t a Rush fan then you want to know what’s next and Stern must know that, they are number1 in this game for a reason and people often don’t give them enough credit.

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from LargemouthAss:

The callouts for a Venom game would be incredible if they use the movie voice.

No way the movies are too restrictive, go with comic book style like Deadpool, add in Carnage and Spider-Man, Spider-Man in anything equals more sales period and bring in the 90s animated voice actors and sterns good to go!

Using the comic book style and not restricting themselves to the movies they can add way more to it especially if they go the anti hero route and make it like Deadpool, you could battle other Symbiotes like Riot, Agony, Toxin, Knull and Scream would allow Yeti to to create some wild and varied characters/art.

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Somewhat surprised that Stern gave Venom his own title. He’s not a B-tier character by any means, but the average Joe might look at Venom and say “why does Spider-Man have rabies?”

Venom is better known than a lot of people realise, why do you think Sony screwed up Spider-Man 3 by forcing Raimi to include Venom above all else. The venom movie taking in 900mil at the box office shows strong market awareness and having Marvel tagged on anything these days helps.

Deadpool worked for similar reasons the movies boosted the casual awareness and hopefully Stern approach this similar to Deadpool but go a little deeper since they have a full development cycle on this one unlike Deadpools rushed development

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from speederice:

Before Deadpool took off in the last decade, Venom was one of the more popular go-to edgy characters, especially for anyone who grew up with the 90's Spider-Man animated series. Great choice by Stern, hope they go with the comic-themed route as that will be less restrictive on Stern creatively. Also hope Marvel takes the shackles off the license like they did with Deadpool. Throw Carnage in as well. Yeti will be amazing on the art.

Agree it needs Carnage and Spider-Man wouldn’t hurt as an ally - similar to boosts in Deadpool. Speaking of the 90s animated series I would love Stern to grab the 90s voice actors for spidey, venom and carnage his voice actor was great!

1 month later
    #177 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

All in for a venom LE hopefully they will do it like the first venom comic book. Bring on the special side art.

Zombie Yeti on art likely requested again like he was for AIQ. I wouldn’t have any issue if he did Venom in the style of AIQ but I’d like to see Spider-Man, Carnage, Riot and a few other Symbiotes at least teased in the art.

#178 2 years ago

Only me that’s excited for Venom?

#180 2 years ago
    Quoted from Peanuts:

Me too
    Jack Danger + Tanio Klyce + Zombie Yeti?

I heard Eddy + Tanio + ZY

Heard Jack will be later in the year after the Ritchie/Gomez (rumoured Bond) release

1 week later
    #183 2 years ago
    Quoted from treeslayer:

I'll believe it when I see it.. Zombie Eddie on the artwork would be sick

Not heard anything about Zombie Eddie but Zombie Yeti is doing the art and latest nugget was Spider-Man might be in there somewhere, either way if Yeti is doing the art I hope Eddy comes up with a cracking layout.

#184 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I was really hoping for the Deadpool team back together, Gomez+Tanio+ZY for Venom. If it's Eddy, I hope he knocks it out of the park!

According to rumours Gomez is finishing off/tweaking Ritchies last design he handed in prior to going to JJP. I’d be happy to see Tanio on Venom or Bond though I loved his DP code.

1 month later
    #193 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Gomez didn’t use Ritchie’s design at all - he started over from scratch.

Yeah I made a post previously saying the last time he had to finish off a design (Deadpool) he scrapped it and said on a few podcasts he couldn’t finish off someone else’s work.

Whatever the truth is I hope he makes a game as good as Deadpool, great layout and great code!

Bond and Venom, could be a pricey year for me but likely my last NIB purchases this year as prices continue to rise.

#196 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I kind of hope Knull doesn't make it to a pin and at the same time I really do. "Knull" means sex in Swedish so whenever I read that name I giggle a bit. Your move Stern

Haha that I did not know, the only reason I thought of battling Symbiotes was after playing deadpool, Deadpools structure with a larger variety of battles and modes would be awesome.

3 weeks later
    #203 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The band is iconic for an older crowd. It also doesn’t translate well to modern media or games. LZ couldn’t sustain a video game or movie franchise…Venom can easily do both. LZ was the weakest theme Stern has selected since WWE and the sales reflected it.
    Venom will be a huge hit. Anyone know who the designer will be? Eddie is my guess.

Eddy has been attached to the release since the rumour/news leaked. He was next up in the rotation.

1 month later
    #209 1 year ago

You can just say no without at least saying why….. well?

#211 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

I have heard that Venom is being skipped over for now.

I had heard that a few months back when stern missing a cornerstone was first rumoured but had heard since they have simply pushed their entire schedule back now.

Did you hear it recently from a distributor? Only asking as I’m super excited for a venom pin.

1 week later
    #220 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m likely in on Venom, I would like to know who is coding it. I bet the mirrored backglass is going to be breathtaking.

Venom will be a must have here aslong as it looks fun and zombie yeti is on the art, LE backglass should look killer with a black/purple pearlescent gloss powdered coat.

Will look great next to AIQ and DP, the zombie yeti comic book trifecta!

4 months later
    #251 1 year ago

Bond probably had a release window that EoN called the shots on, so Stern likely had to make that window and bring Bond out in front of Venom. Hopefully Venom next with a killer layout from Brian!

#254 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I still maintain Venom is code name for something else.

Code name Symbiote

#260 1 year ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I’m finding it tough to be excited about Venom with the new price hikes unfortunately.

That’s the problem, this round of price hikes have made a lot of buyers wobble but Bond is a powerful licence with a huge worldwide appeal spanning decades. Venom albeit massively popular is leagues below Bond. I imagine if Foo Fighters is true that will struggle even more.

#264 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinhead1982:

All Sterns new games will have to have either killer License, or packed with toys to justify the price.
    Make a few “Lemons” and the LE’s / Prems
    Won’t sell

Any more price increases and it won’t matter, a lot already getting cold feet with bond here, as the price continues to go up since reveal.

2 months later
    #268 1 year ago

One nope, one yes!?

Well that’s not much bloody help is it

3 months later
    #285 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

For those not on the next stern pin thread, it looks like amazing Spider-Man pin maybe next!

I’m hearing Venom, but either way I’m seriously interested plus it’s Zombie Yeti on art per Gomez. I hope Eddy has come up with a killer layout this time round something less fan like and a little fresher like GZ/FF, heck give me an updated Shadow layout and I’m in! Ramp diverters for the win!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/venom-by-stern-pinball?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.