Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by chuckcasey
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Venom by Stern Pinball? Choose all that apply:”

• Yes, I’m interested. 83 votes
      22%
    • No, not interested. 161 votes
      42%
    • Day One LE buyer 25 votes
      7%
    • I’ll just play on location 58 votes
      15%
    • Sony movie version 7 votes
      2%
    • Marvel comic version 47 votes
      12%

(381 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A5AC4EF2-F8C1-4D58-BB4B-BA8874C699C6 (resized).jpeg
    everlong.jpeg
    5ffd5dc00e82f02db54b9d66389f4021 (resized).jpg
    Eminem-Curtain-Call-2-Greatest-Hits (resized).jpg
    399ED03D-076C-41BB-94A7-55DDBC25C12F (resized).jpeg
    61BvT+xlSzL.jpg
    1__OTucWGzNjMeNaebauEXHw[1] (resized).jpeg
    D4B5F090-4F5C-4061-8964-C042B9E94269 (resized).jpeg
    B6FACD0C-441B-4699-8184-CCFCDFE324A9 (resized).jpeg
    89C750F7-26EB-40FA-B97B-A27DD73C6B20 (resized).jpeg
    20211110_183201 (resized).jpg
    549EC363-575F-4FFC-88BC-929254CECC4D (resized).jpeg
    salad (resized).png
    59B7743F-1B02-4692-AAED-4B7E8311DA0B.gif
    images (2) (resized).jpeg
    images (3) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 2 years ago

When it comes to Marvel themes, Venom is one of the coolest there could be IMO. When I heard it was going to be another Marvel theme I was like, cool another game I can pass over like Avengers IQ because I just simply don't care. Venom would actually be a pretty bad ass theme though.

1 week later
    #124 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Pinhead:“Hey everyone, come around my house and play my new Venom pin”
    Friend:“WTF is that?”
    Pinhead:“It’s some really cool, obscure, underground, dark, secret Marvel character, one of the best….”
    Friend:“ I’m embarrassed, never heard of it. Sounds like a C-list character to me.
    Pinhead:” oh no, on the contrary, it’s really well known, awesome and really scary”
    Friend: “ When you getting Superman?”
    Pinhead: “ermmmm”

Wtf Venom isn't obscure at all lol. Pretty much if you know anything at all about spider man, you know about Venom.

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Correct, that's what we're talking aboot. No one is doubting Spider-man fans don;t know whom Venom is

You don't have to be a "fan", its not deep lore. I bet you could show anyone age 8-35 a picture of venom and ask who it is and 95% of them would know its venom.
    If you ever heard about anything that ever happened in spider man comics even casually you know venom. If you ever watched the spiderman cartoon growing up you know venom. If you ever saw or heard about the 3rd Raimi movie you know Venom. If you ever watched TV in the past few years you saw advertisments for the Venom movie and you know Venom. Even if you don't know Venom by name, I guarantee you've walked past a sign, ad, magazine, ect and saw the black guy with sharp teeth and big mouth. Venom is a huge pop culture figure. I guess if the last thing you paid attention to was Matlock or something then you might not know venom, but the huge majority of people know Venom. Hes easily as well known as Deadpool, and for years was far far more well known than Deadpool until they made the hugely successful Deadpool movies.

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from C_Presley:

I have no opinion on the theme other than it could be great it could be trash but man you guys really want to think people love comics as much as you. Spider-Man is a household name like Coca-Cola, venom is not. I literally just asked my seven coworkers and 1…ONE kinda knew who venom is. “Black Spider-Man??”

Its nice that you work at Joanne fabrics

Quoted from Krupps4:

Yeah but I know about all kinds of things that don’t make the best sense for a pin. Knowing about something doesn’t seem to be a test with the greatest standards.

Venom comic makes great sense for a pin though. At least if you think x-men, deadpool, avengers IQ, spiderman VE, hulk, superman, ect all made sense to make a pin out of.

#161 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I understand your point, but all the characters you listed are major marvel characters. Venom may be known, but is not a major Marvel character with mass appeal. Again, I love my AIQ, but after seeing your list, I think it’s too soon for another Marvel pin. That list was a long list…. Just my two cents.

Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m 47 and a product of the 90s and Venom doesn’t have any nostalgia factor for me. With that being said, I hope it’s a great pin. I just don’t think you can compare Venom to Spider-Man, Superman, Batman, Thor, Hulk and the like. However, to each his own. I’m assuming you are on a waitlist to purchase day one.

I'm a child of the 90s and I can 100% compare Venom to any of those guys you listed. Also Venom is way cooler than lame-0 Avengers and Hulk and Superman. What would really make me happy though is if the pinball was actually a Maximum Carnage theme and not just generic Venom. I have a feeling we'll see Carnage in the game somewhere though, simply because he's in the newest movie and hes probably the best known villian to Venom and its the coolest story.

Quoted from C_Presley:

Not trying to rustle your jimmies, I know who Spider-Man is and I know who venom is. I would suspect they would know who Deadpool is since it was a movie that people actually went to see and was talked about but who knows. Btw I work at an oil refinery with vastly different ages and personalities.

My jimmies aren't rustled I was just making a joke. Still, I think your coworkers are somewhat of an outlier.

#168 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

I think everyone that is for Venom and arguing that its relevant should dress up as Venom, and everyone else thats against Venom should stay in street clothes, then all you guys can get together in one location and fight to the death!
    Thatll settle this once and for all

I think better yet, people who think its relevant and cool should buy the game, and those who don't can get something else! Personally, I definitely have my eye on this title.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/venom-by-stern-pinball?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.