Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by chuckcasey
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Venom by Stern Pinball? Choose all that apply:”

• Yes, I’m interested. 83 votes
      22%
    • No, not interested. 161 votes
      42%
    • Day One LE buyer 25 votes
      7%
    • I’ll just play on location 58 votes
      15%
    • Sony movie version 7 votes
      2%
    • Marvel comic version 47 votes
      12%

(381 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A5AC4EF2-F8C1-4D58-BB4B-BA8874C699C6 (resized).jpeg
    everlong.jpeg
    5ffd5dc00e82f02db54b9d66389f4021 (resized).jpg
    Eminem-Curtain-Call-2-Greatest-Hits (resized).jpg
    399ED03D-076C-41BB-94A7-55DDBC25C12F (resized).jpeg
    61BvT+xlSzL.jpg
    1__OTucWGzNjMeNaebauEXHw[1] (resized).jpeg
    D4B5F090-4F5C-4061-8964-C042B9E94269 (resized).jpeg
    B6FACD0C-441B-4699-8184-CCFCDFE324A9 (resized).jpeg
    89C750F7-26EB-40FA-B97B-A27DD73C6B20 (resized).jpeg
    20211110_183201 (resized).jpg
    549EC363-575F-4FFC-88BC-929254CECC4D (resized).jpeg
    salad (resized).png
    59B7743F-1B02-4692-AAED-4B7E8311DA0B.gif
    images (2) (resized).jpeg
    images (3) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I have heard this rumor from several sources. I don’t know if it’s true?? Just an interesting and fun rumor.

So you heard it from multiple sources yet coincidently decide to post shortly after Kaneda did a podcast about it? At least give him credit for being the first to announce it publicly. That way Pinside can call him out if he was wrong and not give him credit if he was right.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

For the love of God just give him credit!!!

Now everyone will come out of the woodwork saying they heard it was Venom months ago yet decided to keep it to themselves and not share with the community.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Why do people jerk K-man off so hard? Dude, people have been saying Stern is gonna do Venom for years just like they’ve been saying Rush is due any day now. Are we gonna now give credit to some obscure Pinside thread from 9 years ago talking about the Rush pin? No. All these K-man fanboys will quote him as Gospel. The dude has an atrocious track-record. 30% of the time (and dropping), he’s right every time!

Couldn't be more wrong and most of his listeners know he is wrong a lot more then he is right. He even knows that and jokes around about it. Nobody is saying he is always right but none of the other Podcasters have mentioned it was Venom yet to my knowledge. And not everyone can spend all day on Pinside sifting through the thousands of new posts to see what the next title is. So podcasts are a convenient way to keep up with the news and I listen to them when driving to and from work.

Anyone can be a keyboard commando and hide behind an avatar and fake name to make claims on a forum about what the upcoming titles are. But for all of those people who are saying they knew it weeks or months ago so should they have done a podcast I would love to hear you put one together so please post the link when you make it so we can all listen.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

So because people are let in on proprietary information that is a company secret, they have a responsibility to report it here? You realize that is exactly what you are saying? Yes, many know the titles ahead of time and have signed NDAs or learned it confidentially from someone who does. This walking, talking rectum that is referred to as K Man is simply the one who has no ethics or personal integrity. He is willing to repeat any information that people feed to him whether right or wrong for a chance at this petty personal glory. Meanwhile dozens of people sit quiet and keep the information confidential out of respect for the businesses and livelihoods that are involved. This includes respectable pod casters who would rather get correct information directly from Stern and the other pinball companies than burn those bridges by reporting ahead of time.

According to others in this thread Venom has been well known as an upcoming title for months or even years and it has been posted all over Pinside in the past. So K-man nearly was just reporting some information via a podcast which was already well known to those who read every thread on Pinside. You clearly are privy to insider pinball information and good for you however for the 99% of people in the hobby who are not we look forward to hearing these rumors whether correct or not while the circle jerk club keeps it to themselves.

It's pinball FFS and talking about the livelihoods of people is a ridiculous like this is going to have any impact on anyone or cause them to get fired. It's not like some top secret highly classified government document was leaked here and if anything it starts the hype train rolling which Stern loves since it's free marketing and will gather so much steam it will sell out before it's even officially announced.

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Wow. Why go through all the bother of keeping it secret and having NDAs and all of that if it doesn't impact the business and bottom line? This is done in a lot more industries than pinball and people certainly get fired on a daily basis breaking NDAs. You do realize pinball has become a highly competitive business with multiple companies trying to stab each other in the back? There is nothing wrong with conjecture/wishing out loud here in a forum. That is a whole lot different than someone on a podcast leaking the confidential news.

Gary wants you buying what is on the line now and not worried upcoming titles and that is the only reason they care about keeping a lid on future titles. They keep increasing the prices and giving us less for more so it's not like they give a shit about their customers. They are greedy as fuck and look at what they did with the recent release of Elvira and shit on previous SLE owners. It looks like another price increase is coming and their bottom line is clearly not hurting in this current market. Soon premiums will be 10K and I know I am not getting 5-6K more compared to what I got with games like LOTR and SM that were less then 4K NIB. Considering they cannot even keep up with the current demand and people are waiting months to get a game I highly doubt people knowing a future title will effect any current sales.

Everyone says how often K-man is wrong with his rumors so saying it on a podcast really should not carry that much weight. If he is only right < 30% of the time like many on here claim then it's probably not even going to be Venom so this is a moot point.

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your “stern are greedy as fuck” hot take could revolutionize this hobby!!! Will the people revolt now that this information is out there?!

It's not revolutionary and people will not revolt. If anything they will keep buying more and more. Get back on your La-Z-Boy and bullying everyone around on Pinside since that is what you do best.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Did they give us less for more in Godzilla? Or was it more like more for more? Seems like a bad take from the get-go.

Yep. Less for more. Might be more compared to past Stern games but the bar isn't that high since people's standards are so low. People are blown away with a moving building in Godzilla which pales in comparison to Dr. Who's multilevel PF which was done nearly 30 years ago.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

AN obnoxious and bullying take at that!!!
    Why do people think it's ok to bully the men and women responsible for giving us what we all want, awesome pinball machines at the lowest prices in the industry?
    It's really not nice. And it's bullying. "Hey, thanks for making these awesome games for us, you greedy fucks! What else would you expect from a guy named Gary STERN if you know what I mean?"

27 minutes for a witty response. I'm disappointed in you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/venom-by-stern-pinball?tu=chooch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.