Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by chuckcasey
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Venom by Stern Pinball? Choose all that apply:”

• Yes, I’m interested. 83 votes
      22%
    • No, not interested. 161 votes
      42%
    • Day One LE buyer 25 votes
      7%
    • I’ll just play on location 58 votes
      15%
    • Sony movie version 7 votes
      2%
    • Marvel comic version 47 votes
      12%

(381 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A5AC4EF2-F8C1-4D58-BB4B-BA8874C699C6 (resized).jpeg
    everlong.jpeg
    5ffd5dc00e82f02db54b9d66389f4021 (resized).jpg
    Eminem-Curtain-Call-2-Greatest-Hits (resized).jpg
    399ED03D-076C-41BB-94A7-55DDBC25C12F (resized).jpeg
    61BvT+xlSzL.jpg
    1__OTucWGzNjMeNaebauEXHw[1] (resized).jpeg
    D4B5F090-4F5C-4061-8964-C042B9E94269 (resized).jpeg
    B6FACD0C-441B-4699-8184-CCFCDFE324A9 (resized).jpeg
    89C750F7-26EB-40FA-B97B-A27DD73C6B20 (resized).jpeg
    20211110_183201 (resized).jpg
    549EC363-575F-4FFC-88BC-929254CECC4D (resized).jpeg
    salad (resized).png
    59B7743F-1B02-4692-AAED-4B7E8311DA0B.gif
    images (2) (resized).jpeg
    images (3) (resized).jpeg

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 2 years ago

Are you interested in a rumored Venom by Stern??

What are your thoughts?

If the rumor is true, would you prefer the Sony movie version or a comic based version?

AB9D3DE9-7033-4845-A8D8-B495FF80D8CD (resized).jpegAB9D3DE9-7033-4845-A8D8-B495FF80D8CD (resized).jpeg

#3 2 years ago

*Kaneda says its being designed by Brian Eddy? Of course this is a rumor, nothing is officially confirmed-

Who would you like to do code/programming and art?

I have enjoyed Stranger Things and Mandalorian, what new innovative concept would you like to see?

#4 2 years ago

The new movie collection, I only saw the first, maybe the worst comic strip movie since Spawn. And yes I'm even including DC movies.

So comic version if they must.

#5 2 years ago

Could be a winner.

#6 2 years ago

Coz You gonna get kicked out of the Kaneda club sharing his rumors.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Coz You gonna get kicked out of the Kaneda club sharing his rumors.
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"7af4d15f4eee86cd64da832b8157e71ae4df537b-1638406302-1800"};
    //]]>

I have heard this rumor from several sources. I don’t know if it’s true?? Just an interesting and fun rumor.

Kaneda was first to report it

#8 2 years ago

I would be all over Venom only if comic art/theme. I dont want any part of the movies

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I have heard this rumor from several sources. I don’t know if it’s true?? Just an interesting and fun rumor.

So you heard it from multiple sources yet coincidently decide to post shortly after Kaneda did a podcast about it? At least give him credit for being the first to announce it publicly. That way Pinside can call him out if he was wrong and not give him credit if he was right.

#10 2 years ago

Comic art/theme for sure but even if its done very well Stern will ruin it with terrible call outs and bad music. Time will tell.

#11 2 years ago

If Stern really wanted a solid Marvel theme they should have gone with Doctor Strange. He’s got a big role in the upcoming Spider-Man movie, which ties into the next Doctor Strange film, and is a hell of a lot more interesting than Venom.

#12 2 years ago

i like any game that looks good next to Spider-man!

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

So you heard it from multiple sources yet coincidently decide to post shortly after Kaneda did a podcast about it? At least give him credit for being the first to announce it publicly. That way Pinside can call him out if he was wrong and not give him credit if he was right.

He was the first to report it on his latest podcast. So that kinda confirmed the rumors I had heard as well. Who knows, it could all just be a rumor. Once I heard his opinions, I thought it would be a fun pinside discussion.

#14 2 years ago

I don't know - generally I would have said comic style was the way to go, but frankly I was disappointed in the crap callouts and near complete lack of animation in AIQ.

But if they don't get full assets from the movies and have to use voice actor stand-ins, that sucks arguably worse, sooooo...

I guess it comes down to what assets and creative freedom they'll have.

Just theme wise Venom seems pretty cool - little darker and less kiddie than most other Marvel stuff. I've only seen clips and trailers for the newest 2 Venom movies though, looked pretty cool - Sorry to hear they are DC-movie level bad.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

He was the first to report it on his latest podcast. So that kinda confirmed the rumors I had heard as well. Who knows, it could all just be a rumor. Once I heard his opinions, I thought it would be a fun pinside discussion.

For the love of God just give him credit!!!

Anyway, it's a good enough theme that it won't hurt the pin if it's good. I think it's kind of a C plus theme for the pinside crowd.

#16 2 years ago

Yes please. I’ve also heard this from multiple people that are right most of the time.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

For the love of God just give him credit!!!

Now everyone will come out of the woodwork saying they heard it was Venom months ago yet decided to keep it to themselves and not share with the community.

#18 2 years ago

If done right yes

#19 2 years ago

Artwork will probably be awesome - let’s see what they can put in to it with the new price tag

#20 2 years ago

Would you prefer the Sony movie version??

DB522669-A257-4886-9C69-6C389E68285D (resized).jpegDB522669-A257-4886-9C69-6C389E68285D (resized).jpeg

#21 2 years ago

Nah. Give me comic book. Doubt they do the movie. Would like either though. Tom hardy is great.

#22 2 years ago

Comic version is easier to license, and can be renewed easier than something tied to movie IP. That's why we don't have Ryan Reynolds on Dead Pool, and why Tron will never get remade.

#23 2 years ago

I WANT Todd McFARLANE SPAWN Pin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 2 years ago

Never even watched the movie but definitely looks like it could have potential to be a cool theme.

#25 2 years ago

it has to be McFarlane Venom otherwise it'll suck

#26 2 years ago

I really don't understand the need to give someone credit for "reporting" a rumour. So you heard a rumour and mentioned it on a podcast. Well done, that must have been tough.

#27 2 years ago

Hard pass, but I’ll visit on location.

#28 2 years ago

More interested in Rush

#29 2 years ago

Why do people jerk K-man off so hard? Dude, people have been saying Stern is gonna do Venom for years just like they’ve been saying Rush is due any day now. Are we gonna now give credit to some obscure Pinside thread from 9 years ago talking about the Rush pin? No. All these K-man fanboys will quote him as Gospel. The dude has an atrocious track-record. 30% of the time (and dropping), he’s right every time!

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from mr9865:

More interested in Rush

ditto

#31 2 years ago

I had knowledge of Cactus Canyon being confirmed back in August, should I make a podcast about it and destroy any trust my sources had in me? The CGC remake thread confirmed Cactus Canyon over 5 years ago. Does that guy get credit?

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Why do people jerk K-man off so hard?

Closeted slut dragons?

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
    #33 2 years ago

I’m all in, make some DC as well. The new Suicide Squad movie could inspire a great machine.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from riggy469:

If Stern really wanted a solid Marvel theme they should have gone with Doctor Strange. He’s got a big role in the upcoming Spider-Man movie, which ties into the next Doctor Strange film, and is a hell of a lot more interesting than Venom.

Good idea. Dr. Strange provides a lot to work with in terms of unique ideas for a pinball machine. Venom is a snooze.

#35 2 years ago

If McFarlane has done the art im in. Who better to draw it than the original artist.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

I really don't understand the need to give someone credit for "reporting" a rumour. So you heard a rumour and mentioned it on a podcast. Well done, that must have been tough.

https://www.infobloom.com/in-journalism-what-is-a-scoop.htm

#37 2 years ago

More Marvel. Lame. Easy pass.

#38 2 years ago

Only three things certain in life. Death, Taxes and pinside bashing on Kaneda

#39 2 years ago

I hope this rumor is true.. We are full and cannot fit any more machines.

I think the title is killer but ... not for us.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Why do people jerk K-man off so hard? Dude, people have been saying Stern is gonna do Venom for years just like they’ve been saying Rush is due any day now. Are we gonna now give credit to some obscure Pinside thread from 9 years ago talking about the Rush pin? No. All these K-man fanboys will quote him as Gospel. The dude has an atrocious track-record. 30% of the time (and dropping), he’s right every time!

Couldn't be more wrong and most of his listeners know he is wrong a lot more then he is right. He even knows that and jokes around about it. Nobody is saying he is always right but none of the other Podcasters have mentioned it was Venom yet to my knowledge. And not everyone can spend all day on Pinside sifting through the thousands of new posts to see what the next title is. So podcasts are a convenient way to keep up with the news and I listen to them when driving to and from work.

Anyone can be a keyboard commando and hide behind an avatar and fake name to make claims on a forum about what the upcoming titles are. But for all of those people who are saying they knew it weeks or months ago so should they have done a podcast I would love to hear you put one together so please post the link when you make it so we can all listen.

#41 2 years ago

I think venom is going to look great next to my Deadpool.

59B7743F-1B02-4692-AAED-4B7E8311DA0B.gif59B7743F-1B02-4692-AAED-4B7E8311DA0B.gif
    #42 2 years ago

At this point I am a hard pass on anything to do with comics and/or Marvel movies. On the other hand The Boys is something I could get behind, but it is sort of the anti comic book show and that's why I love it.

Aside from Rush and Bond, I haven't heard of any rumors from any of the pinball companies that gets me excited. Jaws would have been a much better theme for Brian Eddy than Venom. Oh well, saves me some money for other hobbies and gets me out in the fresh air!

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

At this point I am a hard pass on anything to do with comics and/or Marvel movies.

+1

I'm really tired of action movie/comics/super hero adaptations for pins, really overdone by now.

Similarly bored of <insert rockband title> pins, how many of these do we really need?!?

I wish they could release more original themes/IPs

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

More Marvel. Lame. Easy pass.

Quoted from John_I:

At this point I am a hard pass on anything to do with comics and/or Marvel movies. !

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

+1
    I'm really tired of action movie/comics/super hero adaptations for pins, really overdone by now.
    Similarly bored of <insert rockband title> pins, how many of these do we really need?!?
    I wish they could release more original themes/IPs

+3

#45 2 years ago

This would be a pass for me.

The movies are not that great. And Venom is not a strong enough concept to carry an entire table - though of course it would depend on execution.

#46 2 years ago

I like Marvel movies and pins, but Venom seems like a bit of an odd choice. There are so many more popular characters to choose from. Black Panther seems like an obvious choice for a number of reasons. Even something like a Dr. Strange would be a better choice in my opinion.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I like Marvel movies and pins, but Venom seems like a bit of an odd choice. There are so many more popular characters to choose from. Black Panther seems like an obvious choice for a number of reasons. Even something like a Dr. Strange would be a better choice in my opinion.

I'd buy a Dr. Strange table on day one.

I also don't think there's ever been a great execution of the Xmen in pinball.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from sirisles:

I WANT Todd McFARLANE SPAWN Pin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. Spawn and maybe a Batman pin based on the Arkham series video game or comics with his art, just about the only comic book pins I would buy. Marvel stinks.

#49 2 years ago

The movie fucking sucks without a doubt comic version all day!!! And oh ya please, if they do decide to do it don't make it look like dog shit art like in AIQ please!!

#50 2 years ago
    salad (resized).pngsalad (resized).png
    There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/venom-by-stern-pinball?hl=thegunnett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.