Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by chuckcasey
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Venom by Stern Pinball? Choose all that apply:”

• Yes, I’m interested. 83 votes
      22%
    • No, not interested. 161 votes
      42%
    • Day One LE buyer 25 votes
      7%
    • I’ll just play on location 58 votes
      15%
    • Sony movie version 7 votes
      2%
    • Marvel comic version 47 votes
      12%

(381 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A5AC4EF2-F8C1-4D58-BB4B-BA8874C699C6 (resized).jpeg
    everlong.jpeg
    5ffd5dc00e82f02db54b9d66389f4021 (resized).jpg
    Eminem-Curtain-Call-2-Greatest-Hits (resized).jpg
    399ED03D-076C-41BB-94A7-55DDBC25C12F (resized).jpeg
    61BvT+xlSzL.jpg
    1__OTucWGzNjMeNaebauEXHw[1] (resized).jpeg
    D4B5F090-4F5C-4061-8964-C042B9E94269 (resized).jpeg
    B6FACD0C-441B-4699-8184-CCFCDFE324A9 (resized).jpeg
    89C750F7-26EB-40FA-B97B-A27DD73C6B20 (resized).jpeg
    20211110_183201 (resized).jpg
    549EC363-575F-4FFC-88BC-929254CECC4D (resized).jpeg
    salad (resized).png
    59B7743F-1B02-4692-AAED-4B7E8311DA0B.gif
    images (2) (resized).jpeg
    images (3) (resized).jpeg
    There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I hear you about venom’s impact but Led Zeppelin is by far the bigger license imo. The band is so iconic and has so many fans.

The band is iconic for an older crowd. It also doesn’t translate well to modern media or games. LZ couldn’t sustain a video game or movie franchise…Venom can easily do both. LZ was the weakest theme Stern has selected since WWE and the sales reflected it.

Venom will be a huge hit. Anyone know who the designer will be? Eddie is my guess.

#202 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The band is iconic for an older crowd. It also doesn’t translate well to modern media or games. LZ couldn’t sustain a video game or movie franchise…Venom can easily do both. LZ was the weakest theme Stern has selected since WWE and the sales reflected it.
    Venom will be a huge hit. Anyone know who the designer will be? Eddie is my guess.

LZ poor sales has everything to do with the game itself. The theme is so popular it just shows how bad of a game it is.

And the younger crowd isn’t spending 10k on pinball. If Rush can be successful and LZ can’t, you know what the problem is - the game itself.

#203 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Eddy has been attached to the release since the rumour/news leaked. He was next up in the rotation.

1 month later
    #204 1 year ago

Do people still think this is the next cornerstone for August?

#205 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Yes.

#206 1 year ago

Who is the rumored designer? Brian Eddy would seem to be next up. I bet the LE artwork package with a mirrored backglass is going to be incredible on this title.

#207 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

No.

#208 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

I hope it’s at least Venom,
    Dr. Strange, or What If.
    Some Magnets PLEASE!

#209 1 year ago

You can just say no without at least saying why….. well?

#210 1 year ago
    Quoted from J85M:

You can just say no without at least saying why….. well?

I have heard that Venom is being skipped over for now.

#211 1 year ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

I have heard that Venom is being skipped over for now.

I had heard that a few months back when stern missing a cornerstone was first rumoured but had heard since they have simply pushed their entire schedule back now.

Did you hear it recently from a distributor? Only asking as I’m super excited for a venom pin.

#213 1 year ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I had heard that a few months back when stern missing a cornerstone was first rumoured but had heard since they have simply pushed their entire schedule back now.
    Did you hear it recently from a distributor? Only asking as I’m super excited for a venom pin.

No I haven't heard from a distributor or even anyone with inside knowledge. Just rumors online. I hope you get your Venom soon!

#215 1 year ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Yea, I just couldn’t imagine they would have a game completed and then just sit on it and release other games in front of it. If Venom was next at Stern earlier this year it is still next now.

I do wonder what the design teams have all been doing with the extra three months they all received. Will code for games now be mostly completed at launch? Stern was already moving that way compared to ten years ago… Will Stern sneak in another Primus or Heavy Metal style release? Maybe an additional home pin model.

#216 1 year ago

Waiting on Eddy's Venom.. will go right next to our Sth and Mando.. Let's goooooo..

#217 1 year ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

Waiting on Eddy's Venom.. will go right next to our Sth and Mando.. Let's goooooo..

I’m likely in on Venom, I would like to know who is coding it. I bet the mirrored backglass is going to be breathtaking.

#218 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m likely in on Venom, I would like to know who is coding it. I bet the mirrored backglass is going to be breathtaking.

I’m more interested to see if it’s based on the Lethal protector series or the black king. Both could be epic.

#219 1 year ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

Same! Eddy alley

#220 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Venom will be a must have here aslong as it looks fun and zombie yeti is on the art, LE backglass should look killer with a black/purple pearlescent gloss powdered coat.

Will look great next to AIQ and DP, the zombie yeti comic book trifecta!

#221 1 year ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Venom will be a must have here aslong as it looks fun and zombie yeti is on the art, LE backglass should look killer with a black/purple pearlescent gloss powdered coat.
    Will look great next to AIQ and DP, the zombie yeti comic book trifecta!

Totally agree!!! Dying to find out what machine will be dropping in august

#222 1 year ago

What if "Venom" is just the production name like "Jaws" was Jurassic Park and I think "Delorean" was Mandalorian. Venom could be codename for Cobra Kai... since cobras spit venom???

#223 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballZach:

What if "Venom" is just the production name like "Jaws" was Jurassic Park and I think "Delorean" was Mandalorian. Venom could be codename for Cobra Kai... since cobras spit venom???

To be clear Jennie is code name for Mando and BTTF is coming.

2 months later
    #226 1 year ago

Why would ZY be doing the art?? Only right way is for McFarlane to do it.

#227 1 year ago
    Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Why would ZY be doing the art?? Only right way is for McFarlane to do it.

McFarlane would cost way too much. Would be amazing though

#228 1 year ago
    Quoted from calprog:

Ozzy on music would be great!! Let’s see what happens!

Would definitely sell more machines!

#229 1 year ago

My only concern is the Marvel approved voice actors. AIQ and Spidey VE just don't have "IT" in the sound department. I understand why, it just makes it hard for me to own them. AIQ only lasted a few months in my line up and I know Spidey VE gets panned for the voice work. Hopefully, it'll have that Deadpool feel. That game seems to pull it all together.

#230 1 year ago

If Stern does Venom, it will be the first theme they've done that I've been really interested in since Stranger Things

#231 1 year ago

In on Venom for sure.

#232 1 year ago

I'm really interested to see if and how Ozzy is utilized or involved in the project. If there are callouts or his music I think that's going to take Venom to the next level. I was in already, but just getting more excited.
    I guess my next question is what color powder coating are they going to use, cause the flat black on Rush was a little meh.

#233 1 year ago

THEY AIN'T GONNA KNOW WHAT HITTEM

#234 1 year ago

Hoping for venom!!!

#235 1 year ago

It's not Venom!

It's Eminem

Eminem-Curtain-Call-2-Greatest-Hits (resized).jpgEminem-Curtain-Call-2-Greatest-Hits (resized).jpg
    #236 1 year ago

Sure appears to be Venom.. maybe they'll include this one & coupled with Ozzy could be pretty interesting.

#237 1 year ago

If they do Venom they should incorporate this...

#238 1 year ago
    Quoted from calprog:

Ozzy on music would be great!!

Ugh, please god no. Stern has shared a Comicon booth with Nuclear Blast records in the past, so hopefully the Ozzy thing is just real estate synergy. MacFarlane art Venom though? Yes please.

#239 1 year ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I'm really interested to see if and how Ozzy is utilized or involved in the project. If there are callouts or his music I think that's going to take Venom to the next level.

Callouts? Have you heard the man speak?

#240 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Callouts? Have you heard the man speak?

“Shaaaaaronn!!! Shoot the scoop!!”

rd

#241 1 year ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I'm really interested to see if and how Ozzy is utilized or involved in the project. If there are callouts or his music I think that's going to take Venom to the next level. I was in already, but just getting more excited.
    I guess my next question is what color powder coating are they going to use, cause the flat black on Rush was a little meh.

Well.. I was hoping for Back to the Future but if the vision of this project is Ozzy Osbourne’s Crazy Train coupled with the Eminem Venom theme song, Brian Eddy design, Zombie Yeti art, it could very well be a wild, dark & totally cool experience. Did McFarlane have any input? This would be so Comic Con & so Pinball. I don’t know how they could pull it all off? But I’d be so in.

3 weeks later
    #242 1 year ago

Anyone hear new chatter about this release?

#243 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Anyone hear new chatter about this release?

Nope

#244 1 year ago

1 month later
    #245 1 year ago

Do we think this will be next????

#246 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Do we think this will be next????

Almost assuredly. Venom in December.

#247 1 year ago

With bond delayed, do you think venom could be released first?!?!

#248 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

The only thing delayed is the reveal. And it's only a week. So, no, absolutely not.

#249 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Have you not been reading the Stern announcements?

#250 1 year ago

It was a joke

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/venom-by-stern-pinball/page/5?hl=sunsfan23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.