Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by chuckcasey
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Venom by Stern Pinball? Choose all that apply:”

• Yes, I’m interested. 83 votes
      22%
    • No, not interested. 161 votes
      42%
    • Day One LE buyer 25 votes
      7%
    • I’ll just play on location 58 votes
      15%
    • Sony movie version 7 votes
      2%
    • Marvel comic version 47 votes
      12%

(381 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A5AC4EF2-F8C1-4D58-BB4B-BA8874C699C6 (resized).jpeg
    everlong.jpeg
    5ffd5dc00e82f02db54b9d66389f4021 (resized).jpg
    Eminem-Curtain-Call-2-Greatest-Hits (resized).jpg
    399ED03D-076C-41BB-94A7-55DDBC25C12F (resized).jpeg
    61BvT+xlSzL.jpg
    1__OTucWGzNjMeNaebauEXHw[1] (resized).jpeg
    D4B5F090-4F5C-4061-8964-C042B9E94269 (resized).jpeg
    B6FACD0C-441B-4699-8184-CCFCDFE324A9 (resized).jpeg
    89C750F7-26EB-40FA-B97B-A27DD73C6B20 (resized).jpeg
    20211110_183201 (resized).jpg
    549EC363-575F-4FFC-88BC-929254CECC4D (resized).jpeg
    salad (resized).png
    59B7743F-1B02-4692-AAED-4B7E8311DA0B.gif
    images (2) (resized).jpeg
    images (3) (resized).jpeg
    There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Its nice that you work at Joanne fabrics

Venom comic makes great sense for a pin though. At least if you think x-men, deadpool, avengers IQ, spiderman VE, hulk, superman, ect all made sense to make a pin out of.

Not trying to rustle your jimmies, I know who Spider-Man is and I know who venom is. I would suspect they would know who Deadpool is since it was a movie that people actually went to see and was talked about but who knows. Btw I work at an oil refinery with vastly different ages and personalities.

#152 2 years ago

I'm in for comic or movie version LE. Hoping for the comic version since they can go so many different ways with it.

#153 2 years ago

I’m a big fan of comic art and Venom, but I just can’t seem get excited about this. Maybe I’ve reached “peak Marvel” personally. There’s just so much content out there between the movies and comic books and TV shows, it seems oversaturated. What If… series of comic books were some of my favorites as a kid, but I watched the TV show and it was a real head-scratcher…nowhere near as imaginative as the books. Maybe this machine will be amazing and I truly hope that it is. And maybe my lackluster level of excitement is because I know that even if I was all-in today that I’ve already missed the first run because I’m not an LE buyer. My brother is over the moon for GZ and ordered a premium which now sounds like he won’t get until maybe summer. Who knows, maybe Stern preordered more parts for the soon to be released titles than they did for the ones this year. I certainly hope so, and I do hope that this title is a home run…I’ll start saving my pennies.

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Venom comic makes great sense for a pin though. At least if you think x-men, deadpool, avengers IQ, spiderman VE, hulk, superman, ect all made sense to make a pin out of.

I understand your point, but all the characters you listed are major marvel characters. Venom may be known, but is not a major Marvel character with mass appeal. Again, I love my AIQ, but after seeing your list, I think it’s too soon for another Marvel pin. That list was a long list…. Just my two cents.

#155 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I understand your point, but all the characters you listed are major marvel characters. Venom may be known, but is not a major Marvel character with mass appeal. Again, I love my AIQ, but after seeing your list, I think it’s too soon for another Marvel pin. That list was a long list…. Just my two cents.

What makes you think Venom lacks mass appeal? The 2nd movie just made TONS despite the first movie being horrible & being released during a pandemic. That surely points to people loving the character.

#156 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

What makes you think Venom lacks mass appeal? The 2nd movie just made TONS despite the first movie being horrible & being released during a pandemic. That surely points to people loving the character.

Venom is not at A level character like Spider-Man, Iron man, Hulk, etc. Venom is a supporting character in the Marvel universe. There’s no nostalgia for Venom like there is for the A list characters, nor is there as long of a history. It’s just a gap filler and not an A list theme no matter how you look at it - Venom vs. Jurassic Park, Venom vs. Avengers, Venom vs. Led Zeppelin and so on.

#157 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Venom is not at A level character like Spider-Man, Iron man, Hulk, etc. Venom is a supporting character in the Marvel universe. There’s no nostalgia for Venom like there is for the A list characters, nor is there as long of a history. It’s just a gap filler and not an A list theme no matter how you look at it - Venom vs. Jurassic Park, Venom vs. Avengers, Venom vs. Led Zeppelin and so on.

Again, look at the box office of the Venom movies. The numbers disagree with you. He’s an A-List character. So much so, Sony’s clinging onto him so Disney doesn’t get him back.

Venom was super hot in the 90’s. Huge favorite Spidey villain. The 90’s were 30 years ago. You understand how nostalgia works, right? 90’s nostalgia is in full swing right now.

#158 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Again, look at the box office of the Venom movies. The numbers disagree with you. He’s an A-List character. So much so, Sony’s clinging onto him so Disney doesn’t get him back.
    Venom was super hot in the 90’s. Huge favorite Spidey villain. The 90’s were 30 years ago. You understand how nostalgia works, right? 90’s nostalgia is in full swing right now.

I’m 47 and a product of the 90s and Venom doesn’t have any nostalgia factor for me. With that being said, I hope it’s a great pin. I just don’t think you can compare Venom to Spider-Man, Superman, Batman, Thor, Hulk and the like. However, to each his own. I’m assuming you are on a waitlist to purchase day one.

#159 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Again, look at the box office of the Venom movies.

I did this. Venom 2 $493M. Spider-Man 3 $894M.

#160 2 years ago

Most of the main superheroes are spin-offs which led to very successful franchises. Very few started off in their own comics: Hulk, Fantastic Four, X-Men, and DareDevil.

If anything Venom was a way to introduce the kids of the 80's to the Spider-Man of the 60's. I loved Venom growing up. Him, Scarlet Spider and Punisher were some of my favorite 80's intros.

#161 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m 47 and a product of the 90s and Venom doesn’t have any nostalgia factor for me. With that being said, I hope it’s a great pin. I just don’t think you can compare Venom to Spider-Man, Superman, Batman, Thor, Hulk and the like. However, to each his own. I’m assuming you are on a waitlist to purchase day one.

I'm a child of the 90s and I can 100% compare Venom to any of those guys you listed. Also Venom is way cooler than lame-0 Avengers and Hulk and Superman. What would really make me happy though is if the pinball was actually a Maximum Carnage theme and not just generic Venom. I have a feeling we'll see Carnage in the game somewhere though, simply because he's in the newest movie and hes probably the best known villian to Venom and its the coolest story.

Quoted from C_Presley:

Not trying to rustle your jimmies, I know who Spider-Man is and I know who venom is. I would suspect they would know who Deadpool is since it was a movie that people actually went to see and was talked about but who knows. Btw I work at an oil refinery with vastly different ages and personalities.

My jimmies aren't rustled I was just making a joke. Still, I think your coworkers are somewhat of an outlier.

#162 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Fingers crossed he goes "Shadow" on this design, but who knows.

1__OTucWGzNjMeNaebauEXHw[1] (resized).jpeg1__OTucWGzNjMeNaebauEXHw[1] (resized).jpeg
    #163 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

You assume wrong. I’m not buying one. I’m not particularly into Venom, but I understand that my experiences aren’t universal. I understand how huge the character is.

#164 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I did this. Venom 2 $493M. Spider-Man 3 $894M.

So, Venom 2 making $493M during a pandemic is “nothing”. OK, bro….lol

#165 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

To both of your points, kind of. It's a comic book movie, they all make a shit load of monies.
    Which is exactly why it would sell a lot of Pins.

#166 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Dude, it’s half of Spider-Man 3. Haha. It’s all relative.

#167 2 years ago

I think everyone that is for Venom and arguing that its relevant should dress up as Venom, and everyone else thats against Venom should stay in street clothes, then all you guys can get together in one location and fight to the death!

Thatll settle this once and for all

#168 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

I think everyone that is for Venom and arguing that its relevant should dress up as Venom, and everyone else thats against Venom should stay in street clothes, then all you guys can get together in one location and fight to the death!
    Thatll settle this once and for all

I think better yet, people who think its relevant and cool should buy the game, and those who don't can get something else! Personally, I definitely have my eye on this title.

#169 2 years ago

Venom is a killer theme and lots they can do with it

#170 2 years ago

I really hope they just go with the Venomverse comic series. Epic potential.

#171 2 years ago

Hoping for comic book thing and also creative ways that the machine is the symbiote and has ways of taking control of the game with phantom flips or magnets. I’m excited for this pin.

#172 2 years ago

My BSM already has a pretty fly Venom in it, mode and all. That works just fine for me.

#173 2 years ago

A comic book version similar to Deadpool could do well. Seems stern had a lot of creative freedom and it has amazing zombie zeti art.

#174 2 years ago

The Venom character is raw and visceral.
    Dirty Donny on art, if you please.

1 week later
    #175 2 years ago

All in for a venom LE hopefully they will do it like the first venom comic book. Bring on the special side art.

Not sure how or what they can bring into this game but his arch nemesis is spider man. Can they have those epic battles in the game? Please Stern spend some money on getting what you can to make this game great!

61BvT+xlSzL.jpg61BvT+xlSzL.jpg
    #176 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

Can they have those epic battles in the game?]

Sure, health bars and lit shots do damage like AIQ & DP; excited?

#177 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

All in for a venom LE hopefully they will do it like the first venom comic book. Bring on the special side art.

Zombie Yeti on art likely requested again like he was for AIQ. I wouldn’t have any issue if he did Venom in the style of AIQ but I’d like to see Spider-Man, Carnage, Riot and a few other Symbiotes at least teased in the art.

#178 2 years ago

Only me that’s excited for Venom?

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Only me that’s excited for Venom?

Me too

Jack Danger + Tanio Klyce + Zombie Yeti?

#180 2 years ago
    Quoted from Peanuts:

Me too
    Jack Danger + Tanio Klyce + Zombie Yeti?

I heard Eddy + Tanio + ZY

Heard Jack will be later in the year after the Ritchie/Gomez (rumoured Bond) release

#181 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I heard Eddy + Tanio + ZY
    Heard Jack will be later in the year after the Ritchie/Gomez (rumoured Bond) release

I was really hoping for the Deadpool team back together, Gomez+Tanio+ZY for Venom. If it's Eddy, I hope he knocks it out of the park!

1 week later
    #182 2 years ago

I'll believe it when I see it.. Zombie Eddie on the artwork would be sick

#183 2 years ago
    Quoted from treeslayer:

I'll believe it when I see it.. Zombie Eddie on the artwork would be sick

Not heard anything about Zombie Eddie but Zombie Yeti is doing the art and latest nugget was Spider-Man might be in there somewhere, either way if Yeti is doing the art I hope Eddy comes up with a cracking layout.

#184 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I was really hoping for the Deadpool team back together, Gomez+Tanio+ZY for Venom. If it's Eddy, I hope he knocks it out of the park!

According to rumours Gomez is finishing off/tweaking Ritchies last design he handed in prior to going to JJP. I’d be happy to see Tanio on Venom or Bond though I loved his DP code.

1 month later
    #185 2 years ago

So is Venom going to be the cornerstone in August? Everyone has to wait another 4 months.

#186 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

So is Venom going to be the cornerstone in August? Everyone has to wait another 4 months.

I though it was coming in a couple months. What changed?

#187 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bizzaroflo:

I though it was coming in a couple months. What changed?

Stern announced no new cornerstone games till August.

#188 2 years ago

hmnn. i liked Spawn.

Quoted from TheLaw:

The new movie collection, I only saw the first, maybe the worst comic strip movie since Spawn. And yes I'm even including DC movies.
    So comic version if they must.

#189 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

hmnn. i liked Spawn.

Fire it up tonight and relive all it's glory!

#190 2 years ago

Ahhh There you are . I have been looking all over for you... Bad Crispy !! Bad Crispy !!
    Clown Not LIke ! heh - heh - heh
    Sorry For the Turbulance folks / He's Harmless
    Safe as Milk. Just a fReak accident with Jiffy pop

Not enough to buy it. But I remember it was fun and John leguizamo was great in it .

Quoted from TheLaw:

Fire it up tonight and relive all it's glory!

By the way did you know he was in Episode 1 Season 2 of the Manolorian? Ha. He plays them characters good

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

According to rumours Gomez is finishing off/tweaking Ritchies last design he handed in prior to going to JJP. I’d be happy to see Tanio on Venom or Bond though I loved his DP code.

Gomez didn’t use Ritchie’s design at all - he started over from scratch.

#192 2 years ago

Yes please, pass on this game for BTTF so I can order one stress free.

#193 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Gomez didn’t use Ritchie’s design at all - he started over from scratch.

Yeah I made a post previously saying the last time he had to finish off a design (Deadpool) he scrapped it and said on a few podcasts he couldn’t finish off someone else’s work.

Whatever the truth is I hope he makes a game as good as Deadpool, great layout and great code!

Bond and Venom, could be a pricey year for me but likely my last NIB purchases this year as prices continue to rise.

#194 2 years ago

I’d prefer a Venom music pin

399ED03D-076C-41BB-94A7-55DDBC25C12F (resized).jpeg399ED03D-076C-41BB-94A7-55DDBC25C12F (resized).jpeg
    #195 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

... you could battle other Symbiotes like Riot, Agony, Toxin, Knull ...

I kind of hope Knull doesn't make it to a pin and at the same time I really do. "Knull" means sex in Swedish so whenever I read that name I giggle a bit. Your move Stern

#196 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I kind of hope Knull doesn't make it to a pin and at the same time I really do. "Knull" means sex in Swedish so whenever I read that name I giggle a bit. Your move Stern

Haha that I did not know, the only reason I thought of battling Symbiotes was after playing deadpool, Deadpools structure with a larger variety of battles and modes would be awesome.

2 weeks later
    #197 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Venom vs. Led Zeppelin

Venom is a bigger license than Led Zeppelin, Venon will absolutely outsell LZ. Without Venom, the 60’s spiderman wouldn’t have infiltrated the kids in the 90’s…

#198 2 years ago

Comic Venom art + movie Venom callouts would be ideal. Stern always does the absolute cheapest, lowest budget thing so IF this is done expect comic art and the voice of someone who already works at the factory as Venom or an unpaid summer intern who they can get to sign a release to do it all for free. Oh, and any animation will look like a 5th grader did it (Color DMD!)... whatever is cheapest and only Premium versions+ will come with pinballs included. But you will pay $$$ for it, because Stern!

#199 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Venom is a bigger license than Led Zeppelin, Venon will absolutely outsell LZ. Without Venom, the 60’s spiderman wouldn’t have infiltrated the kids in the 90’s…

Interesting. I hear you about venom’s impact but Led Zeppelin is by far the bigger license imo. The band is so iconic and has so many fans. Now the game itself is such a let down but Venom isn’t even close imo. Spider-Man vs LZ would be a closer match….

#200 2 years ago

I’m wondering when we’ll see the equivalent of disco demolition night for superhero entertainment. I’m certainly ready!

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/venom-by-stern-pinball/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.