Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by chuckcasey
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Venom by Stern Pinball? Choose all that apply:”

• Yes, I’m interested. 83 votes
      22%
    • No, not interested. 161 votes
      42%
    • Day One LE buyer 25 votes
      7%
    • I’ll just play on location 58 votes
      15%
    • Sony movie version 7 votes
      2%
    • Marvel comic version 47 votes
      12%

(381 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A5AC4EF2-F8C1-4D58-BB4B-BA8874C699C6 (resized).jpeg
    everlong.jpeg
    5ffd5dc00e82f02db54b9d66389f4021 (resized).jpg
    Eminem-Curtain-Call-2-Greatest-Hits (resized).jpg
    399ED03D-076C-41BB-94A7-55DDBC25C12F (resized).jpeg
    61BvT+xlSzL.jpg
    1__OTucWGzNjMeNaebauEXHw[1] (resized).jpeg
    D4B5F090-4F5C-4061-8964-C042B9E94269 (resized).jpeg
    B6FACD0C-441B-4699-8184-CCFCDFE324A9 (resized).jpeg
    89C750F7-26EB-40FA-B97B-A27DD73C6B20 (resized).jpeg
    20211110_183201 (resized).jpg
    549EC363-575F-4FFC-88BC-929254CECC4D (resized).jpeg
    salad (resized).png
    59B7743F-1B02-4692-AAED-4B7E8311DA0B.gif
    images (2) (resized).jpeg
    images (3) (resized).jpeg
    There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 2 years ago

Only if the art is done right would I buy Venom. I’m a comic collector, big Spidey fan and have a copy of Venom #1 autographed by the artist so I’m definitely in on the theme. Glad they are going the same way as they did with Deadpool and not making it move-based. Coding will also be big for me. If it’s Avengers-level code, it’s a pass.

#52 2 years ago

What about...

Pa pa pa pow

images (1) (resized).jpegimages (1) (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpegimages (3) (resized).jpegimages (3) (resized).jpegimages (2) (resized).jpegimages (2) (resized).jpeg
    #53 2 years ago

Well i do love STh! I kinda hope they try something different then the street fighter rule set tho. I love it in DP and Godzilla but if it's exhausting like in Avengers I'm gona get major fatigue fast!

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

But for all of those people who are saying they knew it weeks or months ago so should they have done a podcast I would love to hear you put one together so please post the link when you make it so we can all listen.

So because people are let in on proprietary information that is a company secret, they have a responsibility to report it here? You realize that is exactly what you are saying? Yes, many know the titles ahead of time and have signed NDAs or learned it confidentially from someone who does. This walking, talking rectum that is referred to as K Man is simply the one who has no ethics or personal integrity. He is willing to repeat any information that people feed to him whether right or wrong for a chance at this petty personal glory. Meanwhile dozens of people sit quiet and keep the information confidential out of respect for the businesses and livelihoods that are involved. This includes respectable pod casters who would rather get correct information directly from Stern and the other pinball companies than burn those bridges by reporting ahead of time.

#55 2 years ago

If true, it will absolutely be based off the comics. The licensing will ultimately be cheaper and it will be a better presentation overall. The movies were corny. I actually enjoyed them for what they were but I understand how some people did not like them. But yeah, no way they use the movies for the theme. Classic Venom comic art would be sweet. I am burned out on comic style pins though so it would be a hard pass for me.

#56 2 years ago

Most likely if they do it, it'll be a comic version. Having said that though, I wouldn't be surprised to see a movie version, given that they've confirmed Venom is now in the MEU with the after credits scene at the end of carnage.

#57 2 years ago

Wait Wait Wait…

You’re telling me that stern is going to release a rock band pin and then one based off a comic. If they do one based off a tv show I’m gonna loose my shit.

#58 2 years ago

Also...didn't they kinda do a venom machine? Isn't that what the original black spider-man was??? I thought so anyway..oh well wouldn't be the first repeat I guess

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

Also...didn't they kinda do a venom machine? Isn't that what the original black spider-man was??? I thought so anyway..oh well wouldn't be the first repeat I guess

That was just spider-man 3 spidey with the symbiote not Venom.

#60 2 years ago

Can't be the movies, the first one was so-so but did you see the 2nd? Total garbage.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Can't be the movies, the first one was so-so but did you see the 2nd? Total garbage.

IMO can't do venom movie w/o Spider-Man Period!! Without him it ruins Venoms back-story...

#62 2 years ago

Unfortunately in April Stern is going to do another price increase across all models of $400

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

Unfortunately in April Stern is going to do another price increase across all models of $400

Are you fucking kidding me??!!! WTF?!!

#64 2 years ago

I have an idea how we can ruin pinball. Let's have continuous price increases. Nothing to see here guys. Keep on moving along. Greed will bite them in the ASS!

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Are you fucking kidding me??!!! WTF?!!

I wish I was kidding but I’m not

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

So because people are let in on proprietary information that is a company secret, they have a responsibility to report it here? You realize that is exactly what you are saying? Yes, many know the titles ahead of time and have signed NDAs or learned it confidentially from someone who does. This walking, talking rectum that is referred to as K Man is simply the one who has no ethics or personal integrity. He is willing to repeat any information that people feed to him whether right or wrong for a chance at this petty personal glory. Meanwhile dozens of people sit quiet and keep the information confidential out of respect for the businesses and livelihoods that are involved. This includes respectable pod casters who would rather get correct information directly from Stern and the other pinball companies than burn those bridges by reporting ahead of time.

According to others in this thread Venom has been well known as an upcoming title for months or even years and it has been posted all over Pinside in the past. So K-man nearly was just reporting some information via a podcast which was already well known to those who read every thread on Pinside. You clearly are privy to insider pinball information and good for you however for the 99% of people in the hobby who are not we look forward to hearing these rumors whether correct or not while the circle jerk club keeps it to themselves.

It's pinball FFS and talking about the livelihoods of people is a ridiculous like this is going to have any impact on anyone or cause them to get fired. It's not like some top secret highly classified government document was leaked here and if anything it starts the hype train rolling which Stern loves since it's free marketing and will gather so much steam it will sell out before it's even officially announced.

#67 2 years ago

In the comic book world, Venom is huge. They just wrapped what was probably the best of his books ever written (Donny Cates) and it included a massive crossover event and new characters. As far as comic art goes, there isn't a character with cooler examples to pull from. The colors could be amazing. Depending on who is doing the art, this could be a total shocker as far as being amazing looking. Eddy gets a bad wrap lately still, but look at that Stranger Things rankings now that code is complete. He still makes a nice shooting machine. I haven't touched a Mandolorian, so I can't speak for how it plays.

This one is on my radar, for sure. I could definitely be in on an LE if I like what I see.

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

In the comic book world, Venom is huge. They just wrapped what was probably the best of his books ever written (Donny Cates) and it included a massive crossover event and new characters. As far as comic art goes, there isn't a character with cooler examples to pull from. The colors could be amazing. Depending on who is doing the art, this could be a total shocker as far as being amazing looking. Eddy gets a bad wrap lately still, but look at that Stranger Things rankings now that code is complete. He still makes a nice shooting machine. I haven't touched a Mandolorian, so I can't speak for how it plays.
    This one is on my radar, for sure. I could definitely be in on an LE if I like what I see.

I agree that people seem to be underestimating the appeal of the character outside of the movies, I am always shocked at how well his books have done and currently do.

I would be shocked if any of Donny's insane symbiote mythos makes it into the table, but it would be cool.

I think it will end up tapping that Amazing Spider-Man 300 Todd McFarlane vein, and I bet Yeti's take on it will be awesome.

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I wish they could release more original themes/IPs

Imagine trying to pitch a pin theme like Taxi or Diner or Bad Cats today.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

I'd buy a Dr. Strange table on day one.

Same. I think the IP lends it self to a lot of cool ideas where they can use magnets to toss the ball in inventive ways that blend well with the theme.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

Venom is not a strong enough concept to carry an entire table - though of course it would depend on execution

I think Venom could visually be pleasing if they trend away from flat printed plastics in favor of more vacuum formed elements to give it an organic look. If they can make the look and feel of the alien symbiote oozing over and through the playfield and integrate it well with ramps and interactive elements to make it feel cohesive, it could be very successful.

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

It's pinball FFS and talking about the livelihoods of people is a ridiculous like this is going to have any impact on anyone or cause them to get fired. It's not like some top secret highly classified government document was leaked here and if anything it starts the hype train rolling which Stern loves since it's free marketing and will gather so much steam it will sell out before it's even officially announced.

Wow. Why go through all the bother of keeping it secret and having NDAs and all of that if it doesn't impact the business and bottom line? This is done in a lot more industries than pinball and people certainly get fired on a daily basis breaking NDAs. You do realize pinball has become a highly competitive business with multiple companies trying to stab each other in the back? There is nothing wrong with conjecture/wishing out loud here in a forum. That is a whole lot different than someone on a podcast leaking the confidential news.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from Acronymicon:

I agree that people seem to be underestimating the appeal of the character outside of the movies, I am always shocked at how well his books have done and currently do.
    I would be shocked if any of Donny's insane symbiote mythos makes it into the table, but it would be cool.
    I think it will end up tapping that Amazing Spider-Man 300 Todd McFarlane vein, and I bet Yeti's take on it will be awesome.

Please, no more Yeti... we need some new art spicing up these games. Venom needs to be dark, gritty and visceral. The first movie gave me some hope, yet the second was entertaining but NOT really Venom at all. They shoulda been R rated.
    He’s not cuddly, he eats people and is on the brink of a mental breakdown. Venom and Carnage had some gritty video games, wish they’d figure out how to translate that to the big screen

#72 2 years ago

Cool theme for me. Dark for sure. Comic book version would be best in my opinion! Need some magic under glass on this one! I personally really enjoy Kanada’s podcasts!! Interesting topics for sure. I don’t agree with everything said however, it is entertaining for sure!!

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Please, no more Yeti... we need some new art spicing up these games. Venom needs to be dark, gritty and visceral. The first movie gave me some hope, yet the second was entertaining but NOT really Venom at all. They shoulda been R rated.
    He’s not cuddly, he eats people and is on the brink of a mental breakdown. Venom and Carnage had some gritty video games, wish they’d figure out how to translate that to the big screen

Thats fair, and Stern seems set on keeping things pretty PG and cuddly.

In my head, if Yeti can go off, I bet he can fill up a playfield with some sharp horror-vibed inky toothy imagery.

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Wow. Why go through all the bother of keeping it secret and having NDAs and all of that if it doesn't impact the business and bottom line? This is done in a lot more industries than pinball and people certainly get fired on a daily basis breaking NDAs. You do realize pinball has become a highly competitive business with multiple companies trying to stab each other in the back? There is nothing wrong with conjecture/wishing out loud here in a forum. That is a whole lot different than someone on a podcast leaking the confidential news.

Gary wants you buying what is on the line now and not worried upcoming titles and that is the only reason they care about keeping a lid on future titles. They keep increasing the prices and giving us less for more so it's not like they give a shit about their customers. They are greedy as fuck and look at what they did with the recent release of Elvira and shit on previous SLE owners. It looks like another price increase is coming and their bottom line is clearly not hurting in this current market. Soon premiums will be 10K and I know I am not getting 5-6K more compared to what I got with games like LOTR and SM that were less then 4K NIB. Considering they cannot even keep up with the current demand and people are waiting months to get a game I highly doubt people knowing a future title will effect any current sales.

Everyone says how often K-man is wrong with his rumors so saying it on a podcast really should not carry that much weight. If he is only right < 30% of the time like many on here claim then it's probably not even going to be Venom so this is a moot point.

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Gary wants you buying what is on the line now and not worried upcoming titles and that is the only reason they care about keeping a lid on future titles. They keep increasing the prices and giving us less for more so it's not like they give a shit about their customers. They are greedy as fuck and look at what they did with the recent release of Elvira and shit on previous SLE owners. It looks like another price increase is coming and their bottom line is clearly not hurting in this current market. Soon premiums will be 10K and I know I am not getting 5-6K more compared to what I got with games like LOTR and SM that were less then 4K NIB. Considering they cannot even keep up with the current demand and people are waiting months to get a game I highly doubt people knowing a future title will effect any current sales.
    Everyone says how often K-man is wrong with his rumors so saying it on a podcast really should not carry that much weight. Plus if he is only right < 30% of the time like many on here claim then it's probably not even going to be Venom so this is a moot point.

Your “stern are greedy as fuck” hot take could revolutionize this hobby!!! Will the people revolt now that this information is out there?!

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your “stern are greedy as fuck” hot take could revolutionize this hobby!!! Will the people revolt now that this information is out there?!

It's not revolutionary and people will not revolt. If anything they will keep buying more and more. Get back on your La-Z-Boy and bullying everyone around on Pinside since that is what you do best.

#77 2 years ago

It’s hopefully code name for

Snakes On A Plane !!!

549EC363-575F-4FFC-88BC-929254CECC4D (resized).jpeg549EC363-575F-4FFC-88BC-929254CECC4D (resized).jpeg
    #78 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

They keep increasing the prices and giving us less for more so it's not like they give a shit about their customers.

Did they give us less for more in Godzilla? Or was it more like more for more? Seems like a bad take from the get-go.

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Did they give us less for more in Godzilla? Or was it more like more for more? Seems like a bad take from the get-go.

AN obnoxious and bullying take at that!!!

Why do people think it's ok to bully the men and women responsible for giving us what we all want, awesome pinball machines at the lowest prices in the industry?

It's really not nice. And it's bullying. "Hey, thanks for making these awesome games for us, you greedy fucks! What else would you expect from a guy named Gary STERN if you know what I mean?"

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Yep. Less for more. Might be more compared to past Stern games but the bar isn't that high since people's standards are so low. People are blown away with a moving building in Godzilla which pales in comparison to Dr. Who's multilevel PF which was done nearly 30 years ago.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

AN obnoxious and bullying take at that!!!
    Why do people think it's ok to bully the men and women responsible for giving us what we all want, awesome pinball machines at the lowest prices in the industry?
    It's really not nice. And it's bullying. "Hey, thanks for making these awesome games for us, you greedy fucks! What else would you expect from a guy named Gary STERN if you know what I mean?"

27 minutes for a witty response. I'm disappointed in you.

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

27 minutes for a witty response. I'm disappointed in you.

Well we can't all be as witty as "go sit in your La-Z-Boy."

Took me half an hour to recover from that sick burn.

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Yep. Less for more. Might be more

Hard stop. Less for more, but might be more. Huh. Whatever you say after that is pointless. Stern didn't build Dr. Who. This isn't 1992. Your real complaint is with basically the entire concept of economics, as well as the concept of time. And this isn't specific to Stern, it's universal. Gotcha.

So you just want to complain about everything. Neat. Carry on.

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Hard stop. Less for more, but might be more. Huh. Whatever you say after that is pointless. Stern didn't build Dr. Who. This isn't 1992. Your real complaint is with basically the entire concept of economics, as well as the concept of time. And this isn't specific to Stern, it's universal. Gotcha.
    So you just want to complain about everything. Neat. Carry on.

In 2021 in pinball on pinside, there’s ALWAYS gotta be a bad guy, and more often than not it’s Stern. The evil puppet masters ruining pinball for everybody from the comfort of their la-Z-Boys and Mansions.

Their crime? Building the cheapest, most reliable, best playing pinball machines for these ungrateful fucks.

Why does there always have to be a bad guy? We aren’t making MCU movies here.

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In 2021 in pinball on pinside, there’s ALWAYS gotta be a bad guy, and more often than not it’s Stern.
    Their crime? Building the cheapest, most reliable, best playing pinball machines for these ungrateful fucks.
    Why does there always have to be a bad guy? We aren’t making MCU movies here.

Stern has been and always will be the easiest dog for the malcontents to kick. Huckster Jack pandered to them, and while not timely delivering games mind you (or even good games I would argue), he delivered a fantasy of a better way. Stern is impersonal. Stern is a well oiled machine. Stern is a honey badger. Stern don't give a fuck about your feelings. All Stern does is produce pinball machines and rake in money. That doesn't play well in a hobby full of Type A and generally haughty assholes with money to buy $10K toys and that usually get everything their way. "I want time to reverse upon itself and for Stern to suddenly transform into a long defunct manufacturer, and I want them to do it just like the business practice that sent the other guys to Home Depot for plywood and chains to shutter the factory and bar the doors closed!!!!!"

#85 2 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Kaneda can say whatever he wants on his podcast. Whoever gave him that info did it willing under an NDA or not. If the source was under NDA, that is their choice to disclose that info. Now if Kaneda wasn't supposed to disclose this news then he likely just lost the trust of the source and burned a bridge. The source must be tier one idiot if they think Kaneda wouldn't eventually reveal news like what the next stern game is going to be.

Let's not pretend Kaneda just ruined a life by breaking news. The source had a choice to disclose or not disclose the venom info. Kaneda is not under an NDA and can do whatever he pleases with that info. Kaneda doesn't work for Stern, he's a personality/reporter. If he gets info it's his choice on how he reveals it.

#86 2 years ago

I really like Eddy's pins. Love my Stranger Things and Mando. If Venom has a good looking layout and great art, I'm a day 1 LE on that.
    I think it would be awesome next to Deadpool if it can capture a similar type of fun.

#87 2 years ago

The callouts for a Venom game would be incredible if they use the movie voice.

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from BriannaWu:

And Venom is not a strong enough concept to carry an entire table

Venom seems strong enough to carry a table...and also flip it over, rip it in half, eat it, stab people with the legs...

Quoted from BriannaWu:

I'd buy a Dr. Strange table on day one.

Dr. Strange is a huge part of Avengers: Infinity Quest. Or do you want like, a dining room table with Dr. Strange painted on it?

Quoted from BriannaWu:

I also don't think there's ever been a great execution of the Xmen in pinball.

Nope. Unless you like to hear Shittybeast sing "These are a few of my favorite things" & Magneto sound like Will Farrell.

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from LargemouthAss:

I don't know, but your screen name just made me laugh.

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope. Unless you like to hear Shittybeast sing "These are a few of my favorite things" & Magneto sound like Will Farrell.

If someone wants to donkey punch Stern for something, here is your best target. What they did to X-Men is criminal. I've never wanted to love something that I actually hate more.

#91 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Was that the thing with Knull? I don't read comics anymore but I do run across news here and there. Look interesting.

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Let's not pretend Kaneda just ruined a life by breaking news. The source had a choice to disclose or not disclose the venom info. Kaneda is not under an NDA and can do whatever he pleases with that info. Kaneda doesn't work for Stern, he's a personality/reporter. If he gets info it's his choice on how he reveals it.

You do bring up a good point that I should have mentioned, but didn't because it is obvious: K is nothing but a tool in this situation. The people who leak to him are the ones who are violating a trust because they know he is going to turn around and tell the world. They are simply using him because they know he has no integrity and as you point out, he is not under an NDA. The people who talk into K's ear are the true assholes in this situation (unless of course they are lying to make him look like a fool).

#93 2 years ago

Stern rarely do a theme out of left field (Munsters and Godzilla are the only ones of late that aren’t comic/classic rock or a modern hit TV show), so Venom is a good guess.

As much as I love comics (and Venom in particular), I feel they’ve done more than enough comic-themed games and need to branch out into something different.

Does every major Marvel character really need their own pinball machine? Pretty much every notable character of theirs has shown up in some form between XMen, Deadpool, Spider-Man and AIQ.

#94 2 years ago

Venom would be an amazing theme for pinball, especially with an R rated mode

#95 2 years ago

Forgot about those movies, so I just downloaded them. But I always prefer comic art to movie assets.

#96 2 years ago

meh, wouldn't be surprised if stern is the leaker

#97 2 years ago

I got my topper ready!

20211110_183201 (resized).jpg20211110_183201 (resized).jpg
    #98 2 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I got my topper ready!
    [quoted image]

Are these worth anything?

I have like 10 in a box somewhere at my parents place.

#99 2 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

You do bring up a good point that I should have mentioned, but didn't because it is obvious: K is nothing but a tool in this situation. The people who leak to him are the ones who are violating a trust because they know he is going to turn around and tell the world. They are simply using him because they know he has no integrity and as you point out, he is not under an NDA. The people who talk into K's ear are the true assholes in this situation (unless of course they are lying to make him look like a fool).

Could easily be Stern behind the anonymous communication leaking news to K knowing he will leak it for the attention without fail. Free publicity and market hype, last few titles took a while to leak but Rush is going to be divisive if you ain’t a Rush fan then you want to know what’s next and Stern must know that, they are number1 in this game for a reason and people often don’t give them enough credit.

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from LargemouthAss:

No way the movies are too restrictive, go with comic book style like Deadpool, add in Carnage and Spider-Man, Spider-Man in anything equals more sales period and bring in the 90s animated voice actors and sterns good to go!

Using the comic book style and not restricting themselves to the movies they can add way more to it especially if they go the anti hero route and make it like Deadpool, you could battle other Symbiotes like Riot, Agony, Toxin, Knull and Scream would allow Yeti to to create some wild and varied characters/art.

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/venom-by-stern-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.