8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Picture_of_Missing_Spring_on_Vengeance_Drop_Target_Assembly.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hi, my Vengeance drop target is not dropping when it gets hit. After further examination, it looks like there may be a spring that holds the target down/applies pressure to bring it down when the target is hit, but if there is/was a spring, it is not there. Anyone know how to solve this issue? If it is just a missing spring, where can I purchase a new one? I have already searched the machine and cannot find the spring. Attached is a picture showing the drop target assembly. I believe that there should be a spring or something like that on connected to the metal notch and the little notch in the black piece of plastic?

Picture_of_Missing_Spring_on_Vengeance_Drop_Target_Assembly.jpgPicture_of_Missing_Spring_on_Vengeance_Drop_Target_Assembly.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Yeah, there should be a spring there. Call Stern, I'm sure they'll treat you right and get a new one sent out pretty fast.

#3 8 years ago

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/star-trek/pro/1536/Star%20Trek%20Pro%20Manual.pdf

Page B26 in the manual provides the part number and how the spring should be installed (item 20).

#4 8 years ago

Check the sub speaker magnet for the spring.
Also look in the speaker itself. I bet you find it.

If it was working and stopped, the sping is in the machine. Just keep looking. Lift all your wires up. Check around the transformer and in the corners of the cab. There is no way it disolved or flew out of the machine. So its there somewhere.

#5 8 years ago

Thank you everyone for your help! I'm going to try and find the spring, but it's good to know where I can buy one too. Also, for now I am just using a rubber band, and it has been working great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vengeance-drop-target-not-dropping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.