(Topic ID: 290961)

Vendor reviews and ratings on pinside

By Crumbalimb

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I was hoping Robin and crew would consider doing a vendor review section like we do for our games. Or maybe something where we could give vendor ratings. I feel the good vendors should be onboard knowing that they have great service and fair pricing. We have been seeing a lot of shady dealings and scammers. The pinball community could use a way to weed out the good vendors from the bad and let the vendor's earn our money. I know we can do Google ratings and try to research different ways to sort through it all, but having something on the best pinball community site would help all of us sort out the good from the bad.

#2 2 years ago

Seems like a pretty good way to piss off your advertisers.

"SHove off mate I'm not paying for a banner ad anymore unless I'm in the top 10."

The pinball community does a pretty good of "ranking" vendors, just do a search before you buy something.

Try searching "ASOA" and see what comes up, for example.

#3 2 years ago

Are there even 100 vendors in pinball?

#4 2 years ago

Just read these forums and you know who is good and bad, whether bad product or ripping people off. Having a black ball list probably wouldn't legally be safe for the website. Even banning scammers takes a lot of time to close their account.

#5 2 years ago

Well, but there are only two kinds of vendors...

Not 100.
    ---
    I re-read your post, I would remove the "top 100" part, I think your intent is around reviews, not ACTUALLY sorting 1-through-100.

#6 2 years ago

I agree that a top 100 is the wrong approach.Some Kind of vender list and a way to rate experiences with them I think would be good for the pinball community on pinside.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vendor-top-100- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.