Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Erik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Ok, I am new to this game, but I did have an observation. Seemingly the orders I have placed from the regular vendors you all use, are delayed getting to me. From the time they are shipped to the actual date I receive them. Now, it could be where the vendors are located or where I am located, but it does seem abnormal. The reason I say this, is I get packages from Texas, California and even Florida a day or even two days quicker than from the pin vendors.

Priority Mail was used in all cases. I am not trying to put any of the vendors on blast, just making an observation and seeing if this if a normal experience for most of you or if it's because of the Xmas season (more packages that USPS has to contend with, etc.).

Thoughts?

d1

#2 8 years ago

It depends on the vendor, the size of the order, when you placed the order (on a weekend or weekday), etc.

#3 8 years ago

The Post Office, not only had major physical restructuring this season, but is also overwhelmed with the increase in Holiday
    orders this season.

I didnt go deep, but for the Holidays, its around maybe 650 million pieces of mail a day.
    Its amazing they do the job as well as they do.
    More often is a matter of "How Fast" rather then complete failure.
    It seems that dissatisfaction comes from not being fast enough.

Many people are conditioned from purchases from Amazon, 2 day delivery.
    I dont think a week goes by where an email is received wondering why everyone cant deliver like Amazon.

I often remember and like to be the old fart that shares, 100 years ago, it could have taken 3-6 months to receive a hammer from Sears. 60 years ago, Montgomery Ward offered 6-8 dresses in an ad..... the entire choice for womans wear gifts.

We have so much to chose from, and are so lucky to be able to sit back and purchase, its sad sometimes
    that the last issue should be delivery.

Say thanks to any UPS, Fedex, or USPS worker.....They are working there asses off this season for our stuff.

#4 8 years ago

The internet has made ordering too easy. Xmas is chaos for delivery people. It's bad enough the rest of the year. Give the Post Office, Fed Ex, UPS, etc a break. They do the best they can. If you needed something sooner you should have ordered it sooner...........

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from defiant1:

The reason I say this, is I get packages from Texas, California and even Florida a day or even two days quicker than from the pin vendors.

Huge vendors like Amazon get several pick ups a day.

A small pinball vendor might print your label on Monday, take it to work with him Tuesday, Mail it Tuesday at 4pm - missing the 1pm pick up, your package then actually gets checked in Wednesday at 1pm.....adding 3 days to your shipment.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

A small pinball vendor might print your label on Monday, take it to work with him Tuesday, Mail it Tuesday at 4pm - missing the 1pm pick up, your package then actually gets checked in Wednesday at 1pm.....adding 3 days to your shipment.

This.

Many times when you get the email about shipping they just printed the label, if it gets picked up that afternoon it won't actually be in its way till the next day most times.

#7 8 years ago

We are a small vendor, there are exactly 2 of us running the whole show.

We guarantee every order will be fulfilled and at the post office within 24 hours.

When we order from Marco Specialties(they get 100s of orders daily) our package is usuallly packed up and and waiting for the carrier to pick it up within an hour(during biz hours). If Marco can do this when we order 100 different types of screws, rivets, nuts, clips, etc....just about any other vendor should be able to...

Amazon sets the bar high, while we cant offer same day delivery, we'll do our best to get your order to the carrier as quickly as possible.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

This seems to be what is happening.
    ------------------------------------

Quoted from pinkid:

t's bad enough the rest of the year. Give the Post Office, Fed Ex, UPS, etc a break. They do the best they can. If you needed something sooner you should have ordered it sooner...........

And to clarify, I wasn't singling out any delivery service's performance. I mentioned what delivery service was used simply to frame what I personally experienced.

d1

#9 8 years ago

The last couple of months, I too have noticed many a delay with USPS, for my eBay sales, as well as for items I've ordered from Amazon or elsewhere.

These packages are getting into USPS' hands promptly, but tracking shows delays, shows packages being misplaced or delayed for days (sometimes even going back & forth across the country a couple of times before successful delivery!).

Just my subjective observation as somebody who sends & receives lots of USPS items...

Thanks,
    -Jason

#10 8 years ago

Took two days for an order from Pinballlife go 10 miles from one post office to another.

#11 8 years ago

I see tons of bizarre USPS tracking information such as my refrigerator's water filters this week: 9261299999896716545660
    During past year, there have had lots more delayed orders as they rack up frequent flyer mileage to completely non-related post offices. But they still remain quite reliable as far as not losing or destroying the items.

USPS has gotten much better at actually scanning the tracking labels. Depending on how the label was printed - they often have the label print date and time, when order was picked up (or dropped off), and where the label has been.

Most foreign shipments also have done better at scanning the tracking labels as well... except for Germany. They must have the worst postal system in the world!

#12 8 years ago

defiant1, welcome to Pinside. If you have not already, say hi to Pinsider Mudflaps.

#13 8 years ago

News said "In store black Friday is down about 1billion this year".... "black Friday online shipping was up about 4.5billion" this year. I know I personally stayed my happy ash home and did all my shopping online.

I ordered a quad copter this year... and I just saw this from UPS FFS on a order that was suppose to arrive yesterday (Friday):

"UPS Exception Notification, Tracking Number 1****5

We have not yet unloaded the package from the trailer. This may delay delivery."

So; yeah - even UPS is understaffed.

#14 8 years ago

I heard that UPS is now offering $10 per hour for seasonal helpers in the Trenton, NJ area. That's a big increase from $8 per hour 2 years ago.

#15 8 years ago

I placed a couple orders from PBL a couple weeks ago USPS priority. Same deal, you can see PBL got them out on time but no tracking updates after pickup from USPS.

It's not just pinball though. I've shipped some things USPS priority that normally take 2 days (Tampa/Chicago) and they took over a week. Tis the season!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vendor-shipping-delays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.