Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 286 posts
  • 217 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ita47
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

808KIT.jpg
    images.jpeg
    FX888Dbdentinc.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Those of you familiar with my soldering equipment suggestions thread from a couple weeks ago know I have been trying to put together a group buy for Hakko soldering equipment. After discussing with Sealclubber to ensure it was OK, I contacted Ebay vendor B&D Enterprises about doing a group buy as they seemed to have good prices already. Tom from B&D replied that they have done group buys in the past for various RC and Audio enthusiast websites and they would be glad to do the same for us. Anyways, look for Tom to post shortly with more info and a really great deal on the Hakko FX-888D soldering station with another deal on the 808 Desoldering tool following shortly.

Chris

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rick471:

Has anyone received a pm???????

I got tied up with work and didn't start the topic until it was almost quitting time for Tom on Friday so that is my fault. I'm sure B&D will be contacting everyone promptly on Monday. I browsed a similar group buy thread of theirs on another site that spanned a few months and everyone seemed very pleased with the deal and the service.

Chris

#125 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Does anybody know how much of a deal this would be? I've got the 808 and it can be had at a variety of prices on eBay and Amazon... do we even know if this deal will beat other online sources?

It will. I made sure of that before starting the thread. Everyone will know tomorrow. Hakko has rules regarding published prices. I just don't want to say anything more and jeopardize the deal. If I could do it again, I would have just waited until Monday to start it. I really had no expectation quite this many people would be interested.

Chris

1 week later
    #232 11 years ago

Just traded e-mails with Tom. He has been on the road a good bit this week. Looks like the 808 deal will go live Monday or Tuesday. How is everyone liking the 888D?

Chris

1 month later
    #272 11 years ago

Figured I'd give this a final bump. Big thanks to Tom for giving us the great deals on the 808 and 888. I hope everyone who ordered is pleased.

Chris

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vendor-introduction-and-hakko-group-buy?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.