Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 286 posts
  • 217 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ita47
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

808KIT.jpg
    images.jpeg
    FX888Dbdentinc.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdtom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 11 years ago

Hi guys. I'm Tom from B&D Enterprises. As Chris said in his post, he and I spoke last week regarding Hakko soldering equipment. He told me about the pinside forum, we chatted a bit and decided a group buy would be a great idea.

I registered on the site earlier this week. Surfing around on the pinside site and seeing some of the pictures really brought back some good memories. Back in my youth I was a pinball fiend. My cousins and I would play for hours and hours on end. This was in the mid to late 70's. I lived in a small town in NW PA of only about 4K people an we had at least 3 or 4 places to play 'pins'. Can you believe it? Now days, I can't even tell you a place within 30 miles of me now that even has a pinball machine.

Enough about me. Let me tell you a bit about B&D. Located in NW PA, we've been in the electronic component and bench-top supply world for almost 40 years. Components has always been our main business. In recent years we have expanded our lines to include solder equipment and accessories, tools and chemicals. We carry all top line manufactures like Hakko, Suncon caps, Indium solder, Chemtronics chemicals, etc. Our customer service is second to no-one in the industry and a long standing tradition from our very beginnings.

Thanks for having us at pinside.com… I'll post the intro promo shortly.

Tom

#13 11 years ago

Hakko FX-888D Group Buy

If you’ve been considering upgrading from your wire wound sticks or would like to invest in a great quality, reasonably priced bench top solder station, this deal is for you. The Hakko FX-888D is a 70W Digital Solder Station with a temperature range of 120F – 899F. Included is an iron stand with a sponge, waterless tip cleaner and a 1.6mm chisel tip. Time to temp is super quick, with enough power to recover quickly under heavy usage. This unit is always rated high in the product feedback columns throughout the Internet and is probably one of the best values in the industry.

OK...back to the deal, once again, with MAP (minimum advertised price) being what it is we need to do the deal covertly.

Here's the plan to get the deal:

1. Reply to this thread, say hi, let us know you want to see what all the fuss is about.

2. One of us here at B&D staff will forward the price and coupon code via PM, needed to get the deal on our website or by phone.

3. Go to our site - URL will be in the PM, or call 800.458.6053 to get the deal (code required) from the PM. If ordering by phone we'll take 10% off the rest of your order for all solder, components and accessories and ship everything free.

4. Post back here how happy you were with the price, service, packaging, shipping time, etc. Email me if something is not 100% to your liking or if you have any issues.

5. Enjoy your Hakko FX-888D and "Solder On"

This program will run through March 2013

Regards,
    Tom

The not so small print: Free shipping (UPS Ground) is within the continental United States only. For shipments to AK, HI, Canada or abroad, call 800-458-6053 for details. We are located in western PA, and charge tax for PA residents only. Offer subject to availability, and subject to change without notice.

The goods:

FX888Dbdentinc.gifFX888Dbdentinc.gif

#15 11 years ago

I be responding to all interested Monday morning. It's 'Miller Time' here on the east coast and I'm off for the weekend.

#144 11 years ago

Wow!! Looks like the pinside community wants them some Hakko You will all receive a PM this morning with the details on the FX-888D. I see a lot of you are interested in the Hakko 808 desolder gun as well. We will have another Group Buy for pinside on this item in the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned.

#155 11 years ago
    Quoted from Soapman:

BDtom, You should make a donation to Pinside for the ad that has been placed for you. or do a % of your sales from now till the end of your sale. Just a thought. Thanks for looking out for us pinheads.
    Enjoy the Miller

Soapman- I think that is a great idea. I'm a firm believer in the old adage "Support those who support you" We are also looking into the possibility of attending the Pinfest 2013 in Allentown.

#174 11 years ago

I think I got all interested parties a PM with the lowdown. If someone didn't get their info, just ask & I will resend. Thank you all pinside members for your interest and support so far in this group buy. We look forward to a good working relationship with the pinside community. Tom

#186 11 years ago

check your mail PM's sent

#222 11 years ago

Thank you pinside for all of your support so far. I know there has been a lot of interest as well for the Hakko 808 Desoldering Kit. I am working on it and hope to have something for you Wednesday of next week. Stay tuned!!!

1 week later
    #251 11 years ago
    Quoted from joe2012:

hi b&d are you going to the allentown pinfest?

We are going to be attending the Allentown Pinfest this May. It will be nice to meet a lot of you from the Pinside community and see/play some classic pins.

It will also give us an opportunity to show off some of our other wares besides Hakko including electronic components, Wera tools, Chemtronics cleaners/chemicals, Indium solder, Portasol butane solder equipment and Nebo Lights to name a few.

We look forward to seeing you at Pinfest!!

#257 11 years ago

The group buy on the Hakko 808 Desolder Kit is on!!!
    I started a new thread on the Market Place Forum to clean things up a bit. I will be responding to PM's here too with the details.

808KIT.jpg808KIT.jpg

1 month later
    #277 11 years ago

I want to thank all the pinsiders who took advantage of our group buys on the Hakko FX-888D digital solder station and the Hakko 808 Desolder Kit. I hope you are enjoying your new purchase!!

We will be at the 2013 Pinfest in Allentown next month. Stop by and say hello. We will be bringing more Hakko soldering equipment, Wera tools and other goodies. I look forward to meeting you.

For those of you that 'missed out' on the FX-888D or 808KIT buys but are still interested, hit me up for the details. I'll take care of it for you.

1 week later
    #278 11 years ago

I’m getting some PM’s asking if we would extend the Pinside group buys for the Hakko FX-888D digital solder station and the 808KIT desolder gun. The answer is a resounding yes!!!!!!

We are going to extend this offer thru the Pinfest in Allentown. If any of you are on the fence about it and will be in Allentown, stop over at our booth and “try before you buy”. We will have demos available on the FX-888D station, the 808 Desolder Gun, as well as the FX-601 Adjustable Temperature Solder Iron.

PM me for the details on any of the above items. See you at Pinfest!!!!

6 months later
    #283 10 years ago
    Quoted from ron12n:

I'd love to get the 808. If the group buy is still ongoing, details to [email protected], please.
    Thanx much,
    -- Ron

email sent

4 weeks later
    #285 10 years ago

Don't forget to check out our weekend of Black Friday specials...through Monday night Dec 2nd here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-friday-specials-from-your-friends-bd

You may want to add some of them to your FX888 purchase to take advantage of free shipping too!

Enjoy your weekend!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdtom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vendor-introduction-and-hakko-group-buy?tu=bdtom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.