7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 286 posts
  • 217 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ita47
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

808KIT.jpg
    images.jpeg
    FX888Dbdentinc.gif

There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 7 years ago

Those of you familiar with my soldering equipment suggestions thread from a couple weeks ago know I have been trying to put together a group buy for Hakko soldering equipment. After discussing with Sealclubber to ensure it was OK, I contacted Ebay vendor B&D Enterprises about doing a group buy as they seemed to have good prices already. Tom from B&D replied that they have done group buys in the past for various RC and Audio enthusiast websites and they would be glad to do the same for us. Anyways, look for Tom to post shortly with more info and a really great deal on the Hakko FX-888D soldering station with another deal on the 808 Desoldering tool following shortly.

Chris

#2 7 years ago

Awesome!

#3 7 years ago

Oh sweet freakin' a.

I was just bitching the other day about how my soldering iron takes 4-5 minutes to reach temp, and my wife broke the holder...

#4 7 years ago

I have both already great products. Well played mcluvin, well played.

#5 7 years ago

I recently purchased the 808 and the 888D and they are sweet! The 888D takes like 30 secs to heat up to 650.

I will be ordering a larger chisel tip and a extra standard chisel tip for the 888D soon.

#6 7 years ago

I'm interested in the 808 when the group buy becomes available!

#7 7 years ago

808 is a big time saver for on site service!

#8 7 years ago

Did the 888 get jacked up on Amazon recently? I could swear it was cheaper last time I looked, like ~$60 or so.

Anyway, I've been putting them off for a while, so if the deal is good I guess I'll quit procrastinating and grab a couple.

#9 7 years ago

Nice! I have my dad's old Hakko station and once I put a new tip on it it works like a champ! I may have to consider a desoldering station.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Those of you familiar with my soldering equipment suggestions thread from a couple weeks ago know I have been trying to put together a group buy for Hakko soldering equipment. After discussing with Sealclubber to ensure it was OK, I contacted Ebay vendor B&D Enterprises about doing a group buy as they seemed to have good prices already. Tom from B&D replied that they have done group buys in the past for various RC and Audio enthusiast websites and they would be glad to do the same for us. Anyways, look for Tom to post shortly with more info and a really great deal on the Hakko FX-888D soldering station with another deal on the 808 Desoldering tool following shortly.
    Chris

Chris,
    I could use a FX-888D - already have an 808 & love it!

Please count me in for an 888.

TFP

Pin - K

www.KimballsPinballs.com

#11 7 years ago

Hi guys. I'm Tom from B&D Enterprises. As Chris said in his post, he and I spoke last week regarding Hakko soldering equipment. He told me about the pinside forum, we chatted a bit and decided a group buy would be a great idea.

I registered on the site earlier this week. Surfing around on the pinside site and seeing some of the pictures really brought back some good memories. Back in my youth I was a pinball fiend. My cousins and I would play for hours and hours on end. This was in the mid to late 70's. I lived in a small town in NW PA of only about 4K people an we had at least 3 or 4 places to play 'pins'. Can you believe it? Now days, I can't even tell you a place within 30 miles of me now that even has a pinball machine.

Enough about me. Let me tell you a bit about B&D. Located in NW PA, we've been in the electronic component and bench-top supply world for almost 40 years. Components has always been our main business. In recent years we have expanded our lines to include solder equipment and accessories, tools and chemicals. We carry all top line manufactures like Hakko, Suncon caps, Indium solder, Chemtronics chemicals, etc. Our customer service is second to no-one in the industry and a long standing tradition from our very beginnings.

Thanks for having us at pinside.com… I'll post the intro promo shortly.

Tom

#12 7 years ago

Good stuff! Thank you Tom and Chris for putting this together. I received an 888D from you yesterday, and love it. Definitely in for an 808 when you do those here.

Welcome to Pinside, Tom!

#13 7 years ago

Hakko FX-888D Group Buy

If you’ve been considering upgrading from your wire wound sticks or would like to invest in a great quality, reasonably priced bench top solder station, this deal is for you. The Hakko FX-888D is a 70W Digital Solder Station with a temperature range of 120F – 899F. Included is an iron stand with a sponge, waterless tip cleaner and a 1.6mm chisel tip. Time to temp is super quick, with enough power to recover quickly under heavy usage. This unit is always rated high in the product feedback columns throughout the Internet and is probably one of the best values in the industry.

OK...back to the deal, once again, with MAP (minimum advertised price) being what it is we need to do the deal covertly.

Here's the plan to get the deal:

1. Reply to this thread, say hi, let us know you want to see what all the fuss is about.

2. One of us here at B&D staff will forward the price and coupon code via PM, needed to get the deal on our website or by phone.

3. Go to our site - URL will be in the PM, or call 800.458.6053 to get the deal (code required) from the PM. If ordering by phone we'll take 10% off the rest of your order for all solder, components and accessories and ship everything free.

4. Post back here how happy you were with the price, service, packaging, shipping time, etc. Email me if something is not 100% to your liking or if you have any issues.

5. Enjoy your Hakko FX-888D and "Solder On"

This program will run through March 2013

Regards,
    Tom

The not so small print: Free shipping (UPS Ground) is within the continental United States only. For shipments to AK, HI, Canada or abroad, call 800-458-6053 for details. We are located in western PA, and charge tax for PA residents only. Offer subject to availability, and subject to change without notice.

The goods:

FX888Dbdentinc.gif

#14 7 years ago

SHOW ME THE INFO!!

thanks for doing this guys!

#15 7 years ago

I be responding to all interested Monday morning. It's 'Miller Time' here on the east coast and I'm off for the weekend.

#16 7 years ago

I will make my boss buy me another one, LOL.

#17 7 years ago

Hi, Tom. I'm down for some info.

Thanks.

#18 7 years ago

I would like info too... when you get to the 808....

#19 7 years ago

Send me the info thanks.

#20 7 years ago

Well don't I wish I didn't buy the 888 non digital and held out a little longer...

What's the info..? Like vid, I might be able to get one for the office.

Thanks!

#21 7 years ago

Me too, info please!

#22 7 years ago

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the support. Since you're in NW PA hopefully we'll see you at the Allentown show and pull you back into the hobby.

Please send along info on the Hakko 888.

#23 7 years ago

I'd like info for both the 888 and 808.

#24 7 years ago

How about the desolder stations? Any great offers on them?! This is great!

#25 7 years ago

Hell yes.

I've been recently stalking B&D on some of the other "groups" they've been posting on.

Sign me up. Hakko 808's are making me drool.

#27 7 years ago

Send me info please.

#28 7 years ago

ill take the info as well. needed to upgrade for a while this is going to push me to do it.

#29 7 years ago

PM me the deals pls. Thanks.

Todd

#30 7 years ago

Tweet me the deets!

(I'd like to receive the information, please.)

#31 7 years ago

I'd be interested in the info as well. Thanks!

#32 7 years ago

Info me up!

#34 7 years ago

Info please

#35 7 years ago

#36 7 years ago

Interested in an 808. Thanks.

#37 7 years ago

Interested in Fx-888d, Thanks!

#38 7 years ago

#39 7 years ago

I'm interested in both

#40 7 years ago

Send some info over also. Thanks

#41 7 years ago

Count me in

#42 7 years ago

I would like to know what all the fuss is about please

Would be interested in infor for both the soldering and desoldering stations.

Thank you!
    Chris

#43 7 years ago

INFO!!!
    I'm down for the 808 deal when it's ready too.

(You karma hoarders need to throw mcluvin some thumbs up for initiating this.)

#44 7 years ago

Info on both for me too, please!

#45 7 years ago

Info please. I have a radio shack soldering iron that needs to meet the dump. Thanks!

#46 7 years ago

My WESD51 is still going real strong after hundreds of thousands of joints, but that also makes me think I should pick up something else.

Info please!

#47 7 years ago

I already sing the praises of Hakko, have a couple bench top desoldering stations and an 808, and have a couple decent soldering stations... but I am interested in flux remover. What's the cat's pajamas? For such a small purchase, I don't need a discount, just a recommendation - but I do buy tips, filters, etc from time to time and have been buying direct from Hakko - but someone who supports Pinside will easily earn my business.

#48 7 years ago

Info please...thanks

#49 7 years ago

I'm interested in both as well. Info please.

#50 7 years ago

What is all the fuss about?

There are 286 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside