Topic Stats

• 2,571 posts
  • 809 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by SilverUnicorn
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Wiki List Posted by MrSanRamon (11 years ago)

Post #2024 Multimorphic size & weight diagram Posted by Hi-Fi (1 year ago)

Post #2199 How to measure your vehicle. Posted by MrSanRamon (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinster68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Toyota Rav4.

Attachments 2011-10-28_13.35.35.jpg (200.8 KB, 0 downloads) 11 hours old

What year RAV 4? Seriously been thinking of getting an old one ... 2000 vintage.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

I believe mine is 2001 (is it bad that I dont know?) I had to physically take out seats. I never sit back there anyways.

Ah ... That's exactly what I was thinking. I had a feeling your rear seats were out, and not folded down. A fair trade for enclosed pin transportation.

3 years later
    #296 8 years ago

2013+ Toyota RAV4 fits a pin just fine. This is a 1981 Bally Flash Gordon. I hauled a 1992 Black Rose previously with plenty of room to spare.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #299 8 years ago

Anyone know the height needed to to clear a system 3?

#303 8 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Anyone? Would really like some advice, at least if you know which has more room.

The page linked to on the original post says about 28" folded.

If that's the case a System 3 will fit in a 2013+ RAV4

IMG_4547_(resized).jpgIMG_4547_(resized).jpg

#306 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

That measurement is NOT all you are looking at.

Yes, that was considered. Look again.

#308 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

Excellent! I've not seen many hatches that are square across the top.
    Glad it fit!
    faz

It was a pleasant surprise.

The Flash Gordon here had a nail in the bottom that dragged the cardboard box forward and up. The resulting shadow makes it a little hard to see that there's a lot of clearance.

This RAV4 was a lease my wife had for another year. I was only going to keep it temporarily, but I'm actually warming up to it quite a bit. It's pin-hauling capability is certainly a good selling point.

#309 8 years ago

Slightly off-topic ... anyone have a good solution for sliding a pin easily in and out of our pin haulers?

As you can see from above cardboard is not foolproof.

Dragging on the carpet can easily damage the cabinet if a splinter catches, and it can add to the back-breaking task of pulling a pin out.

I thought about a piece of wall panelling (trimmed down naturally). The smooth side should work well.

3 months later
    #377 7 years ago
    Quoted from Greenman74:

I need to buy a new suv this summer.
    Has anyone had any problems with fitting a pin in a Subaru Crosstrek?

I wouldn't think they fit. That cargo area seems teeny.

3 years later
    #1200 4 years ago
    Quoted from bajm:

I’m not sure how much smaller the 2019 rav4 is

I have a 2013 Rav, and it has plenty of room for the biggest of pins. I don’t think Toyota made them any smaller for subsequent years. The hybrid isn’t a pin-hauler. You lose way too much height. Maybe with taking the head off but who wants to do that on a regular basis.

38C031FC-F187-4AB1-AA25-053C6F7A262C (resized).jpeg38C031FC-F187-4AB1-AA25-053C6F7A262C (resized).jpeg
    #1206 4 years ago
    Quoted from bajm:

Well, Toyota states that the cargo space is the same for 2019 between the two:
    Cargo volume65 (cu. ft.) behind front/rear seat, estimated
    non-hybrid - 69.8/37.5
    hybrid - 69.8/37.5
    Also car and driver review calls out the hybrid placement of batteries being under rear seats and not impacting cargo space.
    "Its 1.6-kWh nickel-metal-hydride battery pack is small enough to fit under the rear seat, so there's no loss in passenger or cargo space."
    so I may pull the trigger on the hybrid and can post pin pics after/if I get my hands on it (may take a while as I have to order it).

Good to know they improved the hybrid in the new gen 5 Rav4. Gen 4 hybrids (2015-2018) were awful.

Worth noting the gen 4 non-hybrid (2012-2018) specs: 73.4 cubic feet with the second row folded.

3 months later
    #1264 4 years ago

The new Tesla Cybertruck ... yes, it hauls pins. Lots of them.

A2A8828F-3E26-475B-BC4E-A529FD937A46 (resized).jpegA2A8828F-3E26-475B-BC4E-A529FD937A46 (resized).jpegFD75AEF5-6B58-4BAA-84EA-6A90073149E4 (resized).jpegFD75AEF5-6B58-4BAA-84EA-6A90073149E4 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #1269 4 years ago

Looks like the Tesla Model Y will be a suitable pinhauler. Recent reports also show a tow-hitch was added, so even more pin hauling prospects.

C0FC4DE8-E2C5-4102-A031-57A9AC1A39F5 (resized).jpegC0FC4DE8-E2C5-4102-A031-57A9AC1A39F5 (resized).jpeg
    #1289 4 years ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

I have a 2015 RAV4. Awesome pinhauler.

I have a 2013 (same generation). I added pics earlier in this thread. Agreed, great pinhauler. Plenty of room to spare for any pin.

4 months later
    #1386 4 years ago
    Quoted from marspinball:

Anyone confirm if a modern pin will fit in a Tesla Y?
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve been trying to get dimensions of the cargo area from new owners on other forums. No responses yet. I have a Model 3 that I really love, but will trade up to a Y Performance (and ditch my RAV4) if pins fit.

3 months later
    #1452 3 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

Tesla Model Y update?

From the info I have it would be VERY close ... the detailed measurements I got appeared to be about 1” short on height. It’s really so close that someone really needs to just do it and give a report on how it worked out, or not.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinster68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tu=pinster68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.