Topic Stats

• 2,555 posts
  • 806 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Boat
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.27?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.46?PM (resized).png
    IMG_0296 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4899 (resized).jpeg
    Peel P50 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Wiki List Posted by MrSanRamon (11 years ago)

Post #2024 Multimorphic size & weight diagram Posted by Hi-Fi (1 year ago)

Post #2199 How to measure your vehicle. Posted by MrSanRamon (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbl1116.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1784 2 years ago

Has anyone ever fit 2 pins, specifically modern Sterns, end to end in a Uhaul Cargo van?

Interior dimensions claim 9’6” length inside the van, which is plenty of space on paper, but I’d be much more comfortable knowing someone’s done it. I also don’t know if the 9’6” refers specifically to the cargo area

1 month later
    #1816 2 years ago

Has anyone fit a Stern DMD (30.5” or so folded) into a 2007 Acura mdx? I believe it would be the same for any model between 2006-2009. Seeing mixed reports using the search feature

2 months later
    #1912 1 year ago

For a NIB Stern: the website lists the box as 31x31 (height not an issue for me). Is this accurate? Even a quarter inch larger might be an issue for me.

Trying to get a NIB into a 2019 Rav 4 and would like to transport in the box

1 month later
    #1986 1 year ago

Didn’t find the exact answer searching this thread, but I’m wondering if a Spike 2 model Stern will fit in a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL Plus

2 weeks later
    #1996 1 year ago
    Quoted from P1nhead:

Anyone fit stern spike 2 in a > 2019 Santa Fe (specifically 2022)?
    The narrowest dimension is 30.5" - really opens up beyond that.
    I'm too lazy to get into the lineup and fold down a Stern to measure. Alien LV is on the end so easy to get to and measures at 29.25" - the inferior portion of their backbox design is 1" narrower than Stern's (and Stern's cabinet height is about .125" shorter than PB Alien) - it seems like it (stern spike 2) would just fit.
    Also, a quick search in this thread doesn't show any results for the newer body style of 2019 and on. posts online about fitting a 32" tall box in the back, no way that would fit.

Make sure you’re measuring from the bottom of the rear hatch light. That being said, i think i measured the 2019 Santa Fe around 30.25-30.5 and a Spike 2 at 30.5. If not for the piece of plastic that sticks out around the power cord, you may just be able to squeeze it in but as is, I believe the answer is no

5 months later
    #2114 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Beware the Toyota Highlander Sport
    The Highlander will fit a pin.
    The Sport model actually decreases in height, making it 1-2 inches too short to fit a pin.
    My very good friend found this out the hard way. He wanted a pin hauler, measured the Highlander which had plenty of room and ordered the Sport model thinking it will be the same. Ouch.

Beware newer Highlanders in general. I have a 2020 Highlander and the hatch opening is not even 29 inches

4 weeks later
    #2172 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Is there a list of current model hybrids or full electric vehicles that fit pins? Looking to buy a new SUV soon but want to make sure I can move a game with it.

I don't think it'll be a very long list. For some reason as they update the design on these SUVs, it comes at the expense of rear hatch clearance

I can tell you that it will not fit into a 2020 or later Toyota Highlander Hybrid (29" clearance max)

1 week later
    #2180 1 year ago

Anyone have experience moving a modern Stern with a 2021 Ford Explorer?

2 weeks later
    #2195 1 year ago

2021 Ford Explorer XLT incoming. I don’t get a choice of company cars, but I’m hopeful based on previous posts that this will be able to fit DMD/LCD era Sterns

2 months later
    #2281 10 months ago

So I've seen from earlier in the thread that a 2021 Ford Explorer will fit a modern Stern (barely), but I'm wondering if that's true for the version with captains chairs instead of the rear bench

1 month later
    #2312 8 months ago

Has anyone successfully fit two modern Sterns in a minivan? This would be an enterprise rental so something in the realm of Chrysler Pacifica

I feel like the passenger entry is too narrow so you’d have to put it in the trunk and then turn, forming a T?

#2317 8 months ago

Update on a 2021 Ford Explorer XLT

A modern Stern does fit, but you have to force it in there to get past the initial opening. The hatch opening really narrows at the sides and the pin will rub up against the top of the car sliding in

My vehicle has captains chairs instead of a middle row bench, which may or may not play a factor in making it more difficult.

As previously mentioned, the rear cargo area is not flat all the way out, and the plastic lip is a pain when getting the machine back out.

TLDR version: you can do it, but i wouldn’t recommend doing it yourself (which is fairly simple with minivans), and make sure the art is very well protected

#2325 8 months ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Stern games will not fit in a cx5

SUVs in the last 5 years or so have been following this maddening trend of narrowing the hatch entry. Clearly not with the pinball community in mind.

#2327 8 months ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

Someone want to clarify and/or confirm?

Different years most likely.

#2330 8 months ago
    Quoted from blizz81:

It probably doesn't help that not every owner probably knows the trunk floor can be re-configured to a lower position than default.

On just the cx5 or other vehicles? I did not know this was possible

6 months later
    #2477 67 days ago

I'm going to be in the market for a vehicle in the next 2 months. I know minivans will fit a pin, but what newer model year (2021 or later) SUVs have the hatch clearance required? Only other requirement is that it's big enough to have 3rd row seating

2 weeks later
    #2496 47 days ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Pretty sure modern Sterns are the same size as LOTR. TSPP fits the same as modern games in my car (Honda HR-V.) Modern Stern is only about an inch taller when folded than WPC. Worst case is you unbolt the head and slide the backbox down the glass towards the coin door.

Modern Sterns have a bit of hard plastic that sticks out where the power cord goes into the backbox. Have to account for that as well

1 week later
    #2502 38 days ago
    Quoted from BirdForce1:

Has anyone transported in a 2023 Hyundai Palisade?
    I've seen where a 2021 will fit, but unless my tape measure is off, my 2023 shows a height of 31.5 inches and looks like I would need 32 inches for a modern Stern.

Has anyone confirmed this fit with pics? 31.5" seems like enough but I'm curious if anyone's done it. Looking at a 2024 Palisade model currently

2 weeks later
    #2515 19 days ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

It would be my 5'8 21 year old son and 4 hours back from Pinfest. Not really planning to do this again in the future but would be a one time thing.
    This would be a 2023 CRV that we are looking at maybe getting.

at 5'8 moving the seat up shouldn't be an issue....but I'd definitely confirm with an owner of the exact model year since I believe 2023 was a CR-V redesign year. It seems like the hatch openings on SUVs get smaller and smaller

#2523 15 days ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Latest VW Atlas (not Cross Sport) will fit an in box Stern even with pallet attached. Also fits wide body out of box (Alien, Scooby) and other games with larger heads like Cactus Canyon with topper.
    [quoted image]

I might be in the market for one of these, let me know what you think so far

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbl1116.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tu=mbl1116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.