Topic Stats

• 2,573 posts
  • 810 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by red-line
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_144609 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Wiki List Posted by MrSanRamon (11 years ago)

Post #2024 Multimorphic size & weight diagram Posted by Hi-Fi (1 year ago)

Post #2199 How to measure your vehicle. Posted by MrSanRamon (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gcs2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2250 1 year ago

Need to pick up my WCS 94 tomorrow and I drive a 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe.

Only thing I am worried about is height of the pin folded down. The rear hatch only had about 29.5” of clearance

If knows the height of WCS folded down I would love to know.

Thx

9 months later
    #2471 3 months ago

Does anyone know if a Williams widebody will fit in a 2022 Santa Fe?

Have some logistics issues getting this game and this all I have available to me. Prefer not to have to rent a vehicle for the pickup.

#2475 3 months ago
    Quoted from luch:

for modern stern 30 in is fine

I will have to disagree with this and no I do not know the measurements. I have a 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe it physically measures just over 30 at the opening of the hatch and GZ did not fit in there. about 1/4 or so was left hanging and I had to transport it home that way with the tailgate tied down. Santa Fe had plenty of head room inside but the opening was the issue.

Of course after the fact I found out it would have been a quick simple task to remove the head on a Stern (did not know that before).

#2480 3 months ago

Need some help.

Have a 2022 Santa Fe and I was unable to transport a GZ Premium in this car (height issues)

I am assuming if that won't fit I am definitely not getting a JJP POTC in the car or a CGC MMRLE.

I have measured and measurements say its close, real close but this is the only vehicle I have available to me and I am supposed to make the 12 hour round trip next weekend. Hate to rent a car but might have to.

#2482 3 months ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Stern games are bigger than CGC and jjp games.

Really?

So you are saying there is a chance, lol.

Guess the only REAL way to know is pack a game and try to load it. I have measure every way I can and its close for sure.

I don't want to entertain head removal either at least not on these games.

#2484 3 months ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I think you only need around 29” for a bw, jjp and CGC game. Stern is 30-1/4”.

I guess I need to bust out the tape measure again. Really would help me if I can make my car work for the job.

POTC is definitely not a game I want to move more than once (heck don't want to move it all tbh)

#2485 3 months ago

Super tight if at all. Used a piece of luggage it is 30.5” high 20” wide. It slides in but very tight. Can gain hair of space if I remove the rubber mat in the back.

IMG_8513 (resized).jpegIMG_8513 (resized).jpegIMG_8514 (resized).jpegIMG_8514 (resized).jpeg
    #2487 3 months ago

GZ did not fit. Had to drive home tailgate open and machine hanging out a tad.

IMG_6580 (resized).jpegIMG_6580 (resized).jpegIMG_6581 (resized).jpegIMG_6581 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #2505 57 days ago

Just curious on you guys opinion.

I am considering changing vehicles - current is a 2022 Santa Fe. Games do not fit in there w/o disassembly due to hatch opening height. WPC games can squeeze in but not Stern, JJP, Spooky and certainly nothing NIB of course.

IF you were to go get an SUV now so that you can haul games what would you get - bearing in mind needing 32" height clearance on the hatch opening all the way across.

I am not necessarily married to any brand/model. I do want semi-decent MPG and 360 view camera. Considering the new 2024 santa fe but would have to go hybrid to get better MPG and no telling when those will actually hit the streets. And the look of this one is not 100% to my liking but its not horrible like many say. Downside is I really don't need a big a$$ vehicle.

Would a RAV4/CRV etc be better (of course CRV you can't get 360 view cameras which is dumb).

Thx for any input you guys care to share.

#2508 57 days ago
    Quoted from blizz81:

I'm pleased the CX-5 works fine (**with 5-10 minutes of modification of the trunk area - taking off the latch and plastic cladding surrounding it. I also took off the rear seat bottom cushions so the seats would fold flat but not sure that is necessary, as the clearance issue I'd ran into before was still there with the seats all the way flat, which led to trying the other stuff someone here had suggested).
    For me, the ideal situation was the smallest newer vehicle with ~30cu ft behind the rear seats that could still transport a newer Stern, and the CX-5 seems to nail that. I think 360 camera is only on the highest trim with a turbo, so if MPG and that feature are priorities, the RAV4 might be more ideal (if it fits pins).

Yeah 360 view camera is a must for us (along with other safety features that are pretty much standard across the board). I would probably just do the tried and true CRV but it doesn't have 360 cameras still.

I may have to look at some slight temp dismantling as you are doing to see if I can get that extra 1-2" of clearance needed.

We have a big trip end of May planned for vacation and are picking up a game to bring home while out and we need 31.5" of height all across the entry point and the Santa Fe does not offer that. Once inside the opening like most SUVs plenty of space but getting in a PITA.

1 week later
    #2511 47 days ago

To CRV owners can anyone comment if a standard body game will fit in a CRV with only one of the back seats folded down so third person can ride in the car?

#2514 47 days ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

2017 CRV here. Yes, but it'll need to be a small third person or a short trip. The machine will be right up against the real passenger.

It would be my 5'8 21 year old son and 4 hours back from Pinfest. Not really planning to do this again in the future but would be a one time thing.

This would be a 2023 CRV that we are looking at maybe getting.

#2518 47 days ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

I just realized you were looking at having a passenger in back… that might be tricky. Usually the rear seats are a 60/40 split. So if the wheelhouse clearance is 41” that would mean only about 24.5” width on the wider side.
    Let us know if you figure it out

Yes I would want to be able to have a rider in the other half of the seat this one time. However i am looking to move to CRV in general as games do not fit in my Santa Fe due to height

1 week later
    #2544 36 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am a huge fan of my 2022 Subaru Forester Wilderness. Any version of the wilderness will fit any pin excepting Gottilieb system 3s, P3s, and oddballs like Big Guns and Hercules. I have the Wilderness that fits everything, but the base model without the sunroof has an even bigger opening. If you get the Wilderness edition and a tow hitch, you to 5 in a U-haul and one in the trunk, so I can literally take my entire collection. It is the smallest vehicle I could find that could fit a pin and tow my collection.
    If you don't plan on towing, the non-wilderness edition gets better gas mileage. All have all wheel drive, excellent visibility, and plenty of room for my 6'4" frame. You can fit 2 adults up front, but you cannot sit anyone in the rear while moving a pin (need a minivan for that). You cannot fit an upright arcade in the back. Safety features are excellent with great backup camera, blindspot monitoring, and fancy cameras to assist cruise control, braking, and keeping it in the lanes. My only regret with my car is that I wish I had gotten the blue one!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tu=santaeatscheese#op[quoted image]

Thanks for this so it will accommodate something 31 1/2" when folded down aka a Spooky game then.

I will give them a look.

And yeah I think I have to rent a minivan for Pinfest and our pick up there since there will be 3 of us in the car. Either that or rent a trailer and put a hitch on my car.

Thank you.

#2552 35 days ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

Not sure if you figured this out yet, but we have a new crv in my shop right now so I took some measurements. There is about 68” of depth from the hatch to the back of the drivers seat ( with the driver seat moved all the way back), 25” of clearance between the back seat and the left wheelhouse bump in the rear, sill to headliner is 34”, the back of the right rear passenger headrest to the rear window is only about 24”…
    So I would be willing to bet it would fit as long as you were comfortable removing the head for transport…[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great info, thx!

I assume this is the 2024 CRV (2023 is basically the same as the 24 as well).

Seems like it might be possible to get a standard body game in there on an angle and keep that right side backseat for a passenger.

Anything difficult about taking the headrest off - should just pop out right? I have to remove the rear headrest for the Santa Fe to put the seats down in it now on the drivers side otherwise it hits the back of the front seat.

Only issue I see with the CRV is that the seats don't lay flat which stinks of course.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gcs2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tu=gcs2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.