Topic Stats

• 2,563 posts
  • 808 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Wiki List Posted by MrSanRamon (11 years ago)

Post #2024 Multimorphic size & weight diagram Posted by Hi-Fi (1 year ago)

Post #2199 How to measure your vehicle. Posted by MrSanRamon (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdeg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#638 6 years ago

Judge Dredd easily fit in a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. It's a tight fit at the hatch (see close-up photo), so you have to load it as close to the center as possible. Once the head clears the hatch, you can slide it over to maximize cargo space (if you need it).

It was pretty easy loading / unloading it.

IMG_2548-1 (resized).JPGIMG_2548-1 (resized).JPG

IMG_2544 (resized).pngIMG_2544 (resized).png

#643 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Nice! I passed on the Grand Cherokee because by the measurements I had, it was just too close to risk it. I went with the Durango. How far up does the pin rest? Is it right by the front seats? Do you need to move the driver's seat forward to put the rear seats down? That was the issue I had in the Trailblazer I had. Last questioon....is it possible to still use one of the rear seats?
    Thanks in advance. Glad Dredd fit for you!
    Chris

I figured some people would want to know these things, so I did check it out a bit. There was really no information on the 2014+ models, so I figured I would note what I could.

How far up does the pin rest?

See attached photo. It wasn't sitting against the lift gate, so it could have been moved back a little bit more. I had the legs wrapped in the blanket against the lift gate. It could have been pushed toward the driver's side 9 more inches (I measured it before unloading it).

Did you have to move the driver's seat forward?

The driver's seat was not adjusted and was on my memory setting. I am 6'0 and normally have car seats in the back and never have issues with leg room.

Would it be possible to have a rear passenger?

It MIGHT be possible if you folded both seats down, pushed it forward, then slid it as far left as it can go. I THINK the Grand Cherokee was exactly 32 inches from the door to the right rear passenger seat, minus however far the wheel well sticks out (I think it's about 6"). It's another five inches over to the head rest, so as long as pin / head clears the height of the rear seat, it should have plenty of width. JD is a superpin, so if it will fit, most should.

I just measured the rear seat height and the height of Judge Dredd at the point where the head folds down at the lowest point (towards the coin door). I can say with some degree of certainty that it will NOT fit IF you load it coin door first; however, if you load it head first, it MIGHT fit. The rear seat is about a half-inch taller than JD at the lowest point of the head (see photos), but if you load the machine head first, it MIGHT be enough to clear the seat and not hit. I can't guarantee it, but it looks POSSIBLE. The head is 10" long and would go from being about 24" to 21" to the bottom of the head if you load it head first. The Grand Cherokee rear seat is only about 5" deep. I think if you did it this way, you probably could have a passenger in the right rear; just don't put someone who is claustrophobic there.

TL:DR

The Grand Cherokee has plenty of room for a 6'0 person to haul one widebody WPC pin without adjusting the driver's seat. It's probably not possible to have a rear passenger if you load it coin door first. It looks very possible to have a rear passenger if you load it head first, but that person will probably hate you.

Quoted from altan:

Can people confirm that a pin (WPC) doesn't fit in a recent regular Cherokee Jeep (Trailhawk, for example)? I tried searching and, unfortunately, I only find entries for "Grand" Cherokee.
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't fit...

No idea about the regular Cherokee; make sure it has 30 inches of height at most points in the rear lift gate and that both seats fold down.

IMG_2549-1 (resized).JPGIMG_2549-1 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2593 (resized).JPGIMG_2593 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2594 (resized).JPGIMG_2594 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2595 (resized).JPGIMG_2595 (resized).JPG

#645 6 years ago

Keep her away from the Grand Cherokee if you want to keep your Durango. Having said that, they are basically the same car. Steer clear of the diesel; I have heard nothing but horror stories from the people I know that owned them.

The 4Runner is good also, but it lacks a lot of convenience options like remote start, power lift gate (best thing ever), etc. If you don't care about any of that stuff, consider one of those. It's an actual truck, though, so the ride isn't as good as the Durango or Jeep. Resale value is among the best of any vehicle. And most importantly, it easily hauls pins.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdeg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tu=bdeg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.