Topic Stats

• 2,569 posts
  • 809 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by vikingerik
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Wiki List Posted by MrSanRamon (11 years ago)

Post #2024 Multimorphic size & weight diagram Posted by Hi-Fi (1 year ago)

Post #2199 How to measure your vehicle. Posted by MrSanRamon (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 11 years ago

Clearly the "Pin Wiki" is not kept up to date.

Did you see the section on pricing.....LOL.

According to the Wiki all of these pins are $3000-$4000:

Attack from Mars
    Circus Voltaire
    Safecracker
    Lord of the Rings
    Spider-Man
    Theatre of Magic
    The Simpsons' Pinball Party
    Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure (Williams version, not Stern)
    Twilight Zone

4 weeks later
    #77 11 years ago

You can easily fit any standard or widebody pin into a new (2011+) Dodge Durango. A Gottlieb Premier was the tightest fit due to the height but it did fit.

If you removed the backboxes you could fit two standard pins and still shut the back.

2 years later
    #271 8 years ago

Audi Q5? Not addressed in the wiki.

Saw a picture of a Funhouse in one laying on it's side with the head still attached. How bad would it to transport a pin on its side?

#274 8 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

A pin on its side with the head attached not a great idea to me as the head is wider than the cabinet thus weight would be on it and cause possible damage to the hinge area of the cabinet.

Well you could always add support between the floor of the vehicle and the main cab to help level it out. You could also strap it down to keep from sliding around.....or put the whole thing on top of cardboard so if it moves the cardboard moves. Just wondering how tight of a fit it really is.

7 months later
    #339 8 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

so does anyone know the minimum height requirement for a pin?
    Williams late model?
    Williams System 11?
    Newer Stern (not new in Box)?
    Gottleib System 3?
    In measuring my Trailblazer, the actual hatch opening is 33" tall (at lowest point) x 34" Wide. This is my go-to pin mover, but it needs to be replaced soon.
    From my observations:
    2016 Grand Cherokee measures 30 3/4" high from my measurements, with a width of 34 1/2"
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport seems to be 31" high, 33" wide
    The 2016 Dodge Durango seems to be the winner. That measured 32 1/2 high and I don't recall the width.
    The real issue is the raked rooflines in the back that kill the hatch size. Sure it looks sportier, but they are forgetting the "U" in SUV.
    I prefer to not get a minivan, well, just because, even though that is the ideal vehicle for the job. And an open air pickup truck isn't as practical for me (and would not fit in my garage).
    Thanks
    Chris

Go with the Durango you will not be disappointed. We have a 2011 with well over 100,000 miles on and have had no issues. Buddy of mine has the 2015 R/T and I like it even more. All pins have fit even the oversized Gottlieb Premiers......just. Stern's fit still in the box.

9 months later
    #476 7 years ago

Here you go...the ultimate pin hualler! The 2018 Dodge Durango SRT (but you will have to wait for it).

2018-dodge-durango-srt-3.jpg2018-dodge-durango-srt-3.jpg

#479 7 years ago

I SO want to trade my 2015 Durango R/T in for one of these, but darn they are expensive (projected 70K plus). SO nice though. I love my R/T, and it's stupid fast (to me). I can't even imagine how this thing will be.
    Chris

It will be 4.4 seconds to 60!

#481 7 years ago

Oh, I know. My R/T does 0-60 in 6.3 and that (to me) is crazy fast for something that big and heavy. I think I would have issues (i.e. getting into trouble) with the 6.4. Although once I need new tires, I may try one of those AWD burnouts with the R/T LOL
    Chris

Well I have the 6.4l in my 2016 Charger....only 9000 miles on it and I just about need a new set of tires already!

#483 7 years ago
    Quoted from Snwbrdrmidget15:

If I was able to fit a Simpsons Data East pin with the back folded down in a Nissan Xterra, is it safe to assume I can fit a newer stern Pin in the same vehicle? Wasn't sure if they were bigger. Was hoping to avoid bringing a trailer. Any help is appreciated.

Should be able to fit it. I'm not aware of any modern Stern's being larger than a DE (Which Stern also made).

1 month later
    #519 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinbuoy:

I just purchased a 2017 Nissan Rogue. My intention has to build a cardboard mockup and carry it w me to dealers Instead I just had the salesperson shut the hatch and took measurements to make sure it would be ok w the hatch closed. Seems to be plenty of room. I'll post more info and pics w the first pinmove.

We just rented one of those and my wife liked it. I wasn't sure if it was big enough for a pinball machine so definitely let us know. It got pretty good gas milage for an SUV and had a nice ride.

#526 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinbuoy:

the best EPA est hwy of similar SUVs and $3k less than a Rav4.
    Nice and roomy inside.
    Radio reception in this one is a lil disappointing,
    and those headrests are Horrible.
    I do like the vehicle overall though.

Well I'm out on a Rogue. They only have a 1000 pound towing capacity. I need at least 4000.

1 week later
    #533 6 years ago

Get a Durango R/T Super fun, tons of power, and can tow 7400 lbs., a pin, and 2 passengers! Oh, you needed fuel economy, right? Never mind then. LOL
    Chris

No I don't need fuel economy (but it's always nice if you can get it). We have a Hemi Durango right now...2011 with 140,000 on it and we are looking to replace it. It's primarily my wife's car and she wants something smaller. We are looking at the Jeep Grand Cherokee...and most likely the Hemi

1 week later
    #562 6 years ago

Wondering if I can fit 2 in the Durango.........hmmmm.

If you removed the heads...yes...otherwise no.

#576 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

2017 Tundra 1794, no back seats
    +1 for Toyota

Interesting...but dude...TRUCK.

3 months later
    #666 6 years ago

So I was hoping for a Jeep Grand Cherokee or Dodge Durango to replace our current Durango. Looks like my wife likes the Explorer (and it's her turn to pick). At least I have her talked into the twin turbo V6 if we do go that route.

2 months later
    #695 6 years ago

Old style Cherokee - yes
    New style - No
    Grand Cherokee - yes

#702 6 years ago

We finally picked up our new Explorer tonight! I liked the Sport and my wife really liked the "blue jeans" Platinum...so guess which one we got

I will say the platinum is really, really nice inside.

1 month later
    #718 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

"Vehicles in which a pinball machine fits"

Do you hold your little pinky in the air when you say that? (kidding)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.