Topic Stats

• 2,563 posts
  • 808 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Wiki List Posted by MrSanRamon (11 years ago)

Post #2024 Multimorphic size & weight diagram Posted by Hi-Fi (1 year ago)

Post #2199 How to measure your vehicle. Posted by MrSanRamon (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zartan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1776 2 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Pulled the rear seats from my A3, framed a flat floor, and it was road trip time to pick up my Stranger Things Premium.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That’s awesome!
    Congratulations on the new pin!

2 months later
    #1834 2 years ago

I love my F150. I can’t find it now but there was a post that someone had a wrap that covered the pin in the back of the truck. I’ll keep looking for it. I use the truck daily for work. If I could afford it I would get the Raptor! I can’t get enough of that truck!

Quoted from Heretic_9:

[What is your ideal transport suggestion, that fits the parameters I will set out below.]
    This is something I've wondered about, ever since owning my first pin ~ 8 years ago. I see that this thread has been going on for 9 years worth of posts, so I've got a lot of catching up to do in reading through it. Most of the games I own came to me via NAVL, from coast to coast distance or approaching that. They must break up the transport into segments, as the last leg of it was always delivered by a local region firm. This firm used a sizable, fully enclosed truck -- I'd estimate having an internal capacity of 8 pins or more -- equipped with a formidable, pro liftgate, which makes a huge difference.
    BUT, WHAT IF you needed or desired to move a few pins around from time to time in your local area, did not want to go out and rent a truck each time for this, and your budget would accommodate owning your own vehicle for this ? What would you choose ? Consider that basically as being open-ended, covering various price points. (The each-time rental is likely still going to be a much more feasible solution, but I'd still like to field your ideas.)
    Factors I would list as highly desirable:
    1. Fully enclosed, no flatbed trucks. So you don't have to deal with a tarp in rainy or windy weather.
    2. Will accommodate at least 2 widebody pins. and probably a max. of 4, because:
    3. Don't want to have to work with some HUGE vehicle that it can be difficult to maneuver or to find a suitable parking space for.
    4. Well drivable, for people with ordinary driving skills. (I've driven a medium panel truck or van, which qualifies.)
    5. Has a pin-sized or larger powered liftgate, capable of supporting 250 - 300 lb.s at a time. This could be after-market. (I've heard of one called 'Tommygate.' Don't know how good it might be . . . . ) Liftgate much preferred over any ramp.
    6. Can be fitted with interior fixtures at which to secure restraining straps.
    7. Good vehicle reliability. I've seen some trucks or vans that might be candidates, based on the overall size, ranging from Dodge to Mercedes. (Why I said to cover various price points.)
    8. Should be able to take the height of a pin that does not have the head folded, or removed if it's a non-foldable EM. That most likely rules out being able to see out of any rear windows, if they exist. So:
    9. Decent visibility around the vehicle, from the mirrors, and any possible camera features.
    I think that would pretty much be my wish list, if I could enumerate the specs.

#1852 2 years ago

Outside of the prices of gas, happy to have my F150!

B58B7B1E-6B0B-49E8-9E25-3CB45395784A (resized).jpegB58B7B1E-6B0B-49E8-9E25-3CB45395784A (resized).jpeg
    4 months later
    #1997 1 year ago

If you need help I have an F150 we can fit anything in there!

Quoted from dos_reboot:2020 or newer A4 or A6 Allroad. Will a pin fit with head on?

#2008 1 year ago

SUV’s are todays version of a station wagon. Just a little taller so you can drive over speed bumps! I had a Chevy Blazer ZR2, took it off road (basically a sand pit) the front end had to be completely redone! Luckily it was still under warranty.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zartan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tu=Zartan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.