Topic Stats

• 2,555 posts
  • 806 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Boat
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.27?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.46?PM (resized).png
    IMG_0296 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4899 (resized).jpeg
    Peel P50 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Wiki List Posted by MrSanRamon (11 years ago)

Post #2024 Multimorphic size & weight diagram Posted by Hi-Fi (1 year ago)

Post #2199 How to measure your vehicle. Posted by MrSanRamon (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverUnicorn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Don't forget that an enclosed utility trailer with ramp door rents for $15.
    Don't even have to take the legs off....

Where can you rent an enclosed trailer for $15?

I was looking for one to haul stuff to the Allentown show, and the only ones I could find were $85 a day.

Chris

#31 11 years ago

2006 Chevy Trailblazer - TOTAN:

Chris

3 years later
    #276 8 years ago

Can anyone confirm that a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee will fit a modern pin?

Thanks!
    Chris

#278 8 years ago

Thanks Robert. I think I will measure to be sure before I buy though.

Chris

1 month later
    #287 8 years ago
    Quoted from dontknowsquat:

Chevy HHR , handles all your pinball moving. Put a Genie in there WITH the dolly . Drove from upstate NY to DE . With room to spare and great on gas. OOOOOOOOOhhhhhh how I miss my HHR. Have a Volvo XC90 now , can fit a whooooole lot in that bad boy with back seats down.

If I may ask, what year is year is your XC90 and do you like it? I hadn't even considered this model to replace my Trailblazer until I saw a commercial for the new ones. I can't afford those, but a used 2015 seems to come in at less than a Grand Cherokee, and it looks pretty damn spacious inside.

Thanks,
    Chris

3 months later
    #318 8 years ago
    Quoted from Toads:

Just got to pick the right mover...

image_(resized).jpeg

And what mover would that be?

Chris

2 weeks later
    #325 8 years ago

Looking at either a 2015/16 Ford Explorer Sport or Dodge Durango R/T. Anyone try either of those? I will take my tape measure to the dealers.

Chris

1 month later
    #334 7 years ago

so does anyone know the minimum height requirement for a pin?

Williams late model?
    Williams System 11?
    Newer Stern (not new in Box)?
    Gottleib System 3?

In measuring my Trailblazer, the actual hatch opening is 33" tall (at lowest point) x 34" Wide. This is my go-to pin mover, but it needs to be replaced soon.

From my observations:
    2016 Grand Cherokee measures 30 3/4" high from my measurements, with a width of 34 1/2"
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport seems to be 31" high, 33" wide
    The 2016 Dodge Durango seems to be the winner. That measured 32 1/2 high and I don't recall the width.

The real issue is the raked rooflines in the back that kill the hatch size. Sure it looks sportier, but they are forgetting the "U" in SUV.

I prefer to not get a minivan, well, just because, even though that is the ideal vehicle for the job. And an open air pickup truck isn't as practical for me (and would not fit in my garage).

Thanks
    Chris

5 months later
    #450 7 years ago

Bah! Currently my Durango R/T is sitting right at 12.6 mpg in the city on this tank. It can get 26 on the Highway if I don't push it, but the Hemi makes me smile every time, so that doesn't happen

Live life and enjoy! Drive what you want to.

Chris

front end (resized).jpgfront end (resized).jpg

IMG_3780 (resized).jpgIMG_3780 (resized).jpg

4 months later
    #478 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Here you go...the ultimate pin hualler! The 2018 Dodge Durango SRT (but you will have to wait for it).

I SO want to trade my 2015 Durango R/T in for one of these, but darn they are expensive (projected 70K plus). SO nice though. I love my R/T, and it's stupid fast (to me). I can't even imagine how this thing will be.

Chris

#480 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

It will be 4.4 seconds to 60!

Oh, I know. My R/T does 0-60 in 6.3 and that (to me) is crazy fast for something that big and heavy. I think I would have issues (i.e. getting into trouble) with the 6.4. Although once I need new tires, I may try one of those AWD burnouts with the R/T LOL

Chris

1 week later
    #496 7 years ago

Finally got a chance to move a game in the Durango. 2015 Durango R/T - plenty of room for a Stern Sopranos while still being able to transport 2 passengers at a decent clip if need be I absolutely love this vehicle.

DSCF0200 (resized).JPGDSCF0200 (resized).JPG

DSCF0201 (resized).JPGDSCF0201 (resized).JPG

DSCF0199 (resized).JPGDSCF0199 (resized).JPG

DSCF0202 (resized).JPGDSCF0202 (resized).JPG

DSCF0204 (resized).JPGDSCF0204 (resized).JPG

1 month later
    #522 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbuoy:

pretty sure it was 53L x 29W (these are the same as WPC) x 24H

Are you removing the backbox? With the backbox folded you'll need more like 29 - 30"

http://user.xmission.com/~daina/tips/pub/tip0473.html

Chris

#524 6 years ago

My Durango is in for service, and the loaner they gave me is a Chrysler Pacifica. Now, I don't think there was any doubt that a minivan could hold a pin. What impressed me is just how much room there is in this darn thing.

Don't get me wrong, I won't run out and buy one. I don't have kids, the Durango can move a pin, and I like to enjoy my drive. This thing is like driving a bus. BUT, it is cavernous inside, the Stow and Go seating is super clever (although not all that comfortable), it gets great gas mileage (compared to my Durango R/T), and can hold 2 pins while still carrying 3 passengers, or probably 3 pins if you had no back passengers.

Very low load height, cavernous room, enough features....I can understand why people like Minivans.

1 week later
    #529 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

So if a Stern and a Bally/Williams will fit in my 2010 Edge, a Data East should too right?

I don't see why it wouldn't.

Chris

#530 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Well I'm out on a Rogue. They only have a 1000 pound towing capacity. I need at least 4000.

Get a Durango R/T Super fun, tons of power, and can tow 7400 lbs., a pin, and 2 passengers! Oh, you needed fuel economy, right? Never mind then. LOL

Chris

1 week later
    #547 6 years ago

Wondering if I can fit 2 in the Durango.........hmmmm.

2 months later
    #622 6 years ago

It's great to see so many options for vehicle purchasers who need to move pins.

I know that more than once my pin purchase was very impromptu. The reson I love the Durango I have is because if I am out with my wife (or even up to 2 friends) and there's a pin that I just HAVE to take home, I can do it with no problem. A pin, myself, adn 2 passengers is not a problem, and the vehicle still fits in t he garage, and if it's raining, I don't ave to worry about the pin getting wet in the bed of a pickup truck.

For me, it's been a fantastic vehicle. Plus it hauls ass when I need it to (and not just when I am in it).

Chris

1 week later
    #634 6 years ago
    Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

2018 Volkswagen Atlas. Lots of room to spare. Apologies for the bad image quality.

How do you like the Atlas? It's a nice looking SUV! Could you fit a pin and still have a rear passenger spot available?

Chris

#640 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bdeg:

Judge Dredd easily fit in a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. It's a tight fit at the hatch (see close-up photo), so you have to load it as close to the center as possible. Once the head clears the hatch, you can slide it over to maximize cargo space (if you need it).
    It was pretty easy loading / unloading it.

Nice! I passed on the Grand Cherokee because by the measurements I had, it was just too close to risk it. I went with the Durango. How far up does the pin rest? Is it right by the front seats? Do you need to move the driver's seat forward to put the rear seats down? That was the issue I had in the Trailblazer I had. Last questioon....is it possible to still use one of the rear seats?

Thanks in advance. Glad Dredd fit for you!

Chris

#644 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bdeg:

I figured some people would want to know these things, so I did check it out a bit. There was really no information on the 2014+ models, so I figured I would note what I could.

See attached photo. It wasn't sitting against the lift gate, so it could have been moved back a little bit more. I had the legs wrapped in the blanket against the lift gate. It could have been pushed toward the driver's side 9 more inches (I measured it before unloading it).

The driver's seat was not adjusted and was on my memory setting. I am 6'0 and normally have car seats in the back and never have issues with leg room.

It MIGHT be possible if you folded both seats down, pushed it forward, then slid it as far left as it can go. I THINK the Grand Cherokee was exactly 32 inches from the door to the right rear passenger seat, minus however far the wheel well sticks out (I think it's about 6"). It's another five inches over to the head rest, so as long as pin / head clears the height of the rear seat, it should have plenty of width. JD is a superpin, so if it will fit, most should.
    I just measured the rear seat height and the height of Judge Dredd at the point where the head folds down at the lowest point (towards the coin door). I can say with some degree of certainty that it will NOT fit IF you load it coin door first; however, if you load it head first, it MIGHT fit. The rear seat is about a half-inch taller than JD at the lowest point of the head (see photos), but if you load the machine head first, it MIGHT be enough to clear the seat and not hit. I can't guarantee it, but it looks POSSIBLE. The head is 10" long and would go from being about 24" to 21" to the bottom of the head if you load it head first. The Grand Cherokee rear seat is only about 5" deep. I think if you did it this way, you probably could have a passenger in the right rear; just don't put someone who is claustrophobic there.

The Grand Cherokee has plenty of room for a 6'0 person to haul one widebody WPC pin without adjusting the driver's seat. It's probably not possible to have a rear passenger if you load it coin door first. It looks very possible to have a rear passenger if you load it head first, but that person will probably hate you.

No idea about the regular Cherokee; make sure it has 30 inches of height at most points in the rear lift gate and that both seats fold down.

Thank you for the in depth reply. It is sincerely appreciated. The Durango is to big for my wife (in her words). She may be looking at a JGC in the near future, Good to know if we're out and about that we can pick up a game

Chris

#647 6 years ago

Update on the 2015 Durango R/T - It can move a Galaga cabaret AND a Phantom of the Opera pinball in the same trip without moving the front seats. Took some creative loading but luckily the cabaret is light.

DSCF1021 (resized).JPGDSCF1021 (resized).JPG

DSCF1022 (resized).JPGDSCF1022 (resized).JPG

DSCF1023 (resized).JPGDSCF1023 (resized).JPG

DSCF1024 (resized).JPGDSCF1024 (resized).JPG

DSCF1025 (resized).JPGDSCF1025 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
    #657 6 years ago

Maybe a backbox would fit in there

Chris

1 week later
    #670 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

So I was hoping for a Jeep Grand Cherokee or Dodge Durango to replace our current Durango. Looks like my wife likes the Explorer (and it's her turn to pick). At least I have her talked into the twin turbo V6 if we do go that route.

The Explorer Sport was in the runnung when I got my Durango R/T. It seemed a bit smaller to me (maybe your wife will prefer that) and seemed, I don't know, too polished? And now that the PA state police and every darn police precinct around here has them, I am glad I didn't get one. It may seem odd, but I prefer to have something I don't see all over the place. Yes, there are Durangos around, but nothing like the JGC or Explorers.

Don't get me wrong, it seemed like a nice vehicle, and I am fairly certain I would have liked it. The Twin Turbo v6 had a whole lot of scoot to it, but once I heard the V8 in the R/T I was hooked.

Whatever you get, be sure to post pics! Any of those 3 shoud serve well to move a game.

Chris

2 months later
    #694 6 years ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looking at a 2014 jeep Cherokee. I'll sfoll through the thread. But looks like it should

The Grand Cherokee is REALLY close, but works for a Bally / Williams from what I saw in this thread. The Cherokee is a bit smaller, so I would be leary of it working without moving th backbox down. Be sure to post here either way if you can confirm.

Chris

#697 6 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

New Volkswagen Atlas fits one with room to spare. Actually left one captains chair up with my son in it in the second row along with a suitcase and my tool bag. Pin was a Williams Getaway.

The Atlas is a nice looking vehicle. Didn't realize they had that much room. That's great that you can still have one rear passenger along with a pin and some stuff. That's what really impressed me about my Durango too.

Enjoy the new ride!

Chris

2 months later
    #728 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone know if a Landrover Discovery 2017 will fit a pinball machine?

The hatch isn't big enough. I looked at those before I got my Durango. If you took the head off, it would work, but not with it just folded down. I think the clearence was 29 1/2" due to the rake of the roof.

I looked at many SUV's at the auto show, and had my tape measure with me the whole time. The dealers I thought I was a little off. They may be right, but not because of that

Chris

#739 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks Rob!
    Grrrrrrr!

Just call me! The Durango is always ready to move!

Chris

#743 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Hey Durango owners can you fit a pinball machine in the cargo area without putting the second row seats down or do you have to fold all the seats down? Thanks.

I have moved many machines in my Durango. 2015 R/T. I have to put one of the 2nd row seats down to move a pin. I have the captains chairs in the 2nd row. but even with the bench seat you'd have to put one side down. I didn't have to move the front seats at all, which is way more room than I had in my Trailblazer.

Let me know if you have any other Durango questions. I love mone!

Chris

DSCF0199 (resized).JPGDSCF0199 (resized).JPG

DSCF0200 (resized).JPGDSCF0200 (resized).JPG

DSCF0201 (resized).JPGDSCF0201 (resized).JPG

2 months later
    #823 6 years ago
    Quoted from IceMaster:

I’m thinking about buying a Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2000-2004. Will it fit a pin?

I don't know for sure, but from looking at pics online it seems the rear opening is similar to a Trailblazer, so I would think it would, but you might want to measure to be 100%.

Chris

1 month later
    #838 5 years ago
    Quoted from fanuminski:

I've got a 2014 Murano and when picking up a Capcom Pinball Magic I had to take the hinges off the head
    and slide it down a bit to get it to fit. PITA if you ask me.
    I'm looking at getting a new 2018 Murano - and have 28 1/2" of clearance (because of the seat belt for middle rear)
    *** Does anyone know what the "safe" height clearance is for new (post 90's) pins?

I thought 31" unless it's a Gottlieb System 3 then you need like 40" o some rediculious amount for some reason (yes, that's an exaggeration, but somewhat accurate).

I went with 31" when I was looking and quickly eliminated many vehicles I would have considered.

Chris

1 month later
    #849 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Jeep, system 11, room to spare

Serious question....Can you still have a back seat passenger in the jeep when the pin is in there? I like to have that option as I sometimes take my father in law and nephew when I go to shows and stuff, and was thinking about a Wrangler. I can do it in my Durango, but the top doesn't come off that

Thanks
    Chris

2 weeks later
    #862 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

A V-8 (5,7L, 360 Hp & 390 ft-lb torque) Grand Cherokee can hold a pin and haul 7000#...and probably be at least $10k less than the BMW.
    Robert

And if you want to haul a pin plus you and 2 passengers, AND tow your stuff, the AWD Durango is great (nonwitholding the fuel economy). The R/T has the same V8 as the Grand Cherokee. If you want more grunt you can get the SRT which gives you the 6.4L V8 and 475 HP while sounding pretty darn amazing. 8700 pl of towing too with the SRT.

Chris

#866 5 years ago

Deleted post.

2 weeks later
    #881 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cherga:

Thanks Robert. I’m moving two standard WMS machines with my 2014 so hopefully it should be good.

I have a 2015 R/T. I moved a Phantom of the Opera and a Galaga Mini at the same time.It was tight (but I didn't move my front seats up). I honestly don't think I could have fit 2 pins though, at least with the heads attached. With the heads removed, I think it could work as you can move emth further down the bodies (if that makes any sense).

The 2011 is a 3rd gen so I believe the dimensions are the same. If you go for it I'd love to hear how it turns out and pics would be great too! I love my Durango and things it's great for moving a machine.

Chris

5 months later
    #951 5 years ago
    Quoted from greywolf:

2007 Honda Fit: YES.
    2015 Honda Fit: Yes...
    One pin, plus two passengers, my stuff, their stuff, and tools. I have yet to try with 2 pins, although I am told it can be done.
    I think I want to pick up a 1973 VW Kombi for game transport to shows...

What pin? Was the head off? How much "stuff"? I can't imagine this scenario in a Fit with a modern pin with the head folded, but I could be wrong.

Chris

#955 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Dude, literally two posts up from the one you quoted I commented on this with pictures and everything...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/19#post-4749668

Right, I saw that. Was hard to tell that 2 passengers could fit in there with the game, and how much stuff there was. Just asking. Sorry.

Chris

1 month later
    #1023 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Going to pick up a POTC (widebody). Just in case of crappy weather and I don't want to take my p/u truck, I may take the old lady's car. Anyone know if it would fit in a 2019 Honda HRV?

Quoted from northvibe:

I don’t even know if an hrv can fit a pin? Maybe an em with the head off

Per a Facebook post, the 2018 can do it. Not sure if the 2019 is different.

HRV1 (resized).jpgHRV1 (resized).jpgHRV2 (resized).jpgHRV2 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #1043 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Can confirm, a 2007 Buick Rainier can fit a Getaway:HS2 with no problems.
    Building a ramp to protect the carpeting and address the not-quite-flat floor helps tremendously.
    [quoted image]

This doesn't surprise me. The Rainier is on the GMT360 platform (Trailblazer, Envoy, etc). My Trailblazer was a great pin hauler!

Chris

2 weeks later
    #1056 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Can somebody post how 2 WPC 1990s era games fits in a modern Grand Caravan?

Put one front to back between the sliding side doors, and one front to back in the back. Hope that makes sense.

They'd make like a "t"

Chris

1 week later
    #1081 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Could I fit a LAH and LOTR in a 2013 Honda Odyssey?

I know know for sure, but I would think so if you can remove all the seats in the back. Those seem to be a decent size vehicle.

Chris

1 month later
    #1124 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

That’s good to hear, but you may want to correct the typo in your first line so folks don’t get the wrong idea.

Clearly you've never ridden in an SRT. It's the tits for sure!

I wish these were available when I bought my R/T. The R/T is great, and plenty fast, but damn the SRT sound amazing.. The really haul while hauling

Chris

#1125 4 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

Easily tits in a Durango SRT with one of the back seats up. I'm pretty sure both 3rd row seats need to be down in mine.[quoted image][quoted image]

Very good! Love my R/t for hauling pins as well! Got a Phantom of the Opera and a Galaga Mini in mine once. Still had room for the handtruck too! Love my Durango. Nice SRT you have there!

Chris

1 month later
    #1148 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Anyone have insight into the Mazda CX-5? I test drove a bunch of cars a few days ago: CR-V, RAV4, and the CX-5.
    They're all good vehicles, but the Mazda really feels the best. The RAV4 is good, but it feels like Toyota is resting on their laurels a bit, and the CR-V while being objectively the best overall option, is still having engine issues with the oil dilution. The Mazda felt like a luxury vehicle to me in nearly every aspect: Ride, handling, fit and finish, and quietness were all far better than the competitors, despite the smaller cargo area.
    I measured the cargo area of the CX-5 and it should theoretically fit a pinball machine, but it'll be tight. Anyone have any real world experience with the 2017+ models?

According to PinWiki, yes.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines#Mazda

Chris

1 week later
    #1178 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Thanks! Went and measured it at the dealership from every conceivable angle, and should fit just about every pin just fine—excluding System 3.
    I actually ended up buying one. Got a 2019 Grand Touring in black. Spent extra money to get the added package too, so it has ventilated seats, a HUD, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, and power folding mirrors. Even though it doesn’t have the biggest cargo area compared to the competition, the price build quality, and feature set can’t be beat, doesn’t have a CVT, tows more weight than the CR-V and RAV4, and is as quiet as a Lexus NX on the highway. Highly recommended for anyone car shopping.
    [quoted image]

When I got my Durango, I thought a heated steering wheel was the most pretentious, unnecessary feature. but it was there, so whatever. Now I wouldn't buy a vehicle without it.

Enjoy your new ride!

Chris

1 month later
    #1217 4 years ago
    Quoted from ctviss:

I saw a post stating a machine with the head folded down fits in a Honda HR-V, but can anyone confirm? How much space is there top to bottom in the trunk?

It can, at lease in the 2018 (not my vehicle) -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/21#post-4849484

4 months later
    #1331 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Moved a TZ in a Pacifica last week, possible space for 2 standards?
    [quoted image]

I had one of these as a loaner once when my Durango was in for service. Not a fan of the styling, but the damn thing was CAVERNOUS inside. Rode nicely too. I can see why minivans are popular.

Chris

2 weeks later
    #1345 4 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

As someone who is SUV shopping right now that's one major complaint I have with all car review magazines and services: they either determine cargo capacity by Cu Ft (don't forget that 3/4 of a Cu Ft in the seatbelt crack!), carry on suitcases (like I carry more than 2 of those) and even ping pong balls!!! Just tell me the size of the largest rectangular box I can put in the vehicle and close all the doors, with the second row up or down.....That's all...very simple.....but no, that would be too easy!

Exactly. Many options have a lot of space ONCE you get through the small hatch opening. This is why I went with a Durango. The roofline isn't raked in the back like so many other vehicles, so the hatch works for my needs.

Chris

#1349 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackrabbt:

I hauled a WOC ECLE and a Sega Harley Davidson in my 2012 GMC Terrrain. Back seats down and rear hatch closed.

At the same time? Or separate trips?

Chris

#1360 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjj:

what is the height measurement of the Pinball Magic with the head folded down ?

It's right about 29 3/4" I fit mine in both my Chevy Trailblazer (2006) and Dodge Durango (2015)

Chris

3 weeks later
    #1377 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

2016 Ford Edge just fits a WPC game at 29.5" with use of some handles made by a local Pinsider, who I repaired some issues on his 2 games. I know a Gottlieb system 3 will not fit as the game is too high at 31".
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Those handles are awesome! Does anyone make those? I could use a set.

Chris

3 months later
    #1420 3 years ago
    Quoted from waldo34:

Looking at a 2017 GMC Acadia - I'm measuring 30 1/4 total. I know it's to small for JJP, will it work for Stern and Williams?
    Edit: 30 1/2 seems possible so should be good for the most part.

Acadia should work fine. I moved one in a friend's Acadia with no issues (Williams Jokerz!). His was a 2015 model if that makes a difference.

Chris

5 months later
    #1559 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

I have a 2018 Cadillac Escalade and a Stern Pin only fit on its side. I was 3/4” off. I sold the pin to a guy in a hatchback and it fit no problem. I was floored. [quoted image]

Seriously?! A freaking Escalade cant fit a pin in it normally? That's insane. Manufacturers sure have forgotten the "Utility" part of SUV.

Chris

4 months later
    #1637 2 years ago
    Quoted from prl867:

I rented a Chrysler Voyager minivan from Enterprise to go trade my LW3 for Dr. Dude (I added cash) about 90 miles away.
    Though the pin fin easily in the back and the seats collapse easily into the floor, the car was weak as hell and struggled to go slightly uphill at 65 MPH.
    Chrysler living up to its reputation.

How old was this van? I don't think they've made a Voyager in years. Was it a Pacifica? If those have the 4 cyl in them they're pretty doggy.

CHris

2 weeks later
    #1661 2 years ago
    Quoted from MLmotorsport:

It could have been a Voyager. Chrysler brought back the name for the low-feature entry level Pacifica's starting in 2020.

Oh interesting, I didn't know that. I sit corrected, perhaps?

Chris

3 weeks later
    #1684 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I looked at a 2019 a while back and it would not fit a stern or bw, the opening is to short. So unless they changed the design, I’d say no. Nice car though.

I agree with this. Last I checked in 2020 the opening was too small.

Chris

6 months later
    #1785 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Has anyone ever fit 2 pins, specifically modern Sterns, end to end in a Uhaul Cargo van?
    Interior dimensions claim 9’6” length inside the van, which is plenty of space on paper, but I’d be much more comfortable knowing someone’s done it. I also don’t know if the 9’6” refers specifically to the cargo area

If it's a standard Ford cargo van it should be no problem.

Chris

1 week later
    #1798 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

I’m swapping pins tomorrow and it looks like it is going to rain. Decided to rent a Pacifica. Fits a new Stern without even folding the center seats.
    [quoted image]

I had a Pacifica for a rental when my Durango was in for service. While it wasn't my Durango, I could really see how minivans serve a purpose. It was genuinely cavernous inside. While I had it I used it to move a Sopranos pinball for work and the ease of loading and space made me almost consider getting one. Almost. LOL

Chris

1 month later
    #1839 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

My suggestion would be a small enclosed trailer with a drop down rear ramp/door. Then pick your favorite vehicle that can tow 3500-5000#. This is my current solution. I think it is the most flexible and covers all of your requirements. I had been using a '18 Forester XT. It is limited in tow capability but could easily move a couple games at a time. I recently picked up a BMW X5 diesel as the new tow vehicle. It has what I found to be one of the highest tow ratings for a mid sized SUV (up to 7700) and gets great fuel economy. It fits a game by itself, and with my trailer (4x10 I think?) could theoretically haul 7-8 games packed up. What's better is that if only moving one or two, they can be loaded legs on.
    [quoted image]

That's a nice little trailer.

Chris

2 weeks later
    #1868 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

It's totally surprising to me that this car has somehow gone under the radar on this thread: the Kia Rondo (2007-2009)
    Just test drove one on a lark, did all the measurements. 62" of depth, 32" of hatch height.
    Strongly considering picking one up.

My dad had a Kia Rondo. Tons of space, but he said it wasn't that great reliability wise. At least his wasn't, and he got it new and drove very little.

Chris

#1871 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Interesting! I'd love some more info. I'll PM ya if that's okay.

Yep. no problem

2 weeks later
    #1906 1 year ago
    Quoted from RobF:

2017 BMW X5 ok for Sterns. There is about 1/2" clearance once the game starts to ride up the back of the rear seats. It probably would have more clearance loading the other way, but I didn't try.
    [quoted image]
    It was a no go for the System11 however. The pictures are from my second attempt flipping the game around to coin door first which was actually worse. It was pretty close to making it with coin door last. It's possible it could have just squeaked through in that orientation if I had used thinner padding between the head and the rails (was using a moving blanket). I didn't think of this until I had already taken it back out spun it around. Also, probably would have been ok to detach the head from the hinge and slid it down a few inches. I stopped futzing with it and loaded it in the trailer instead.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I'd think later System 11 machines might fit. The hinges on later ones land the backbox further down the cabinet so I bet they'd fit like the Stern did.

Chris

3 weeks later
    #1913 1 year ago
    Quoted from eharan:

Does anyone know if a 2022 Kia Telluride or 2022 Hyundai Palisade will fit a new Stern? I just looked at them and I believe it will fit…looks like they have about 31” of clearance but want to be 100% sure.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/34#post-6316942

Not sure if they changed in 2022, but this post says the 2021 fits without issue.

Chris

1 week later
    #1926 1 year ago
    Quoted from Heretic_9:

Besides relative dimensions, another thing worth evaluating is the overall *brand reliability* scores. Some won't measure up well in that regard. Toyota and Honda have topped the list for years in regard to regular passenger car models, but I don't know whether that will necessarily carry over to their van or truck models, or which of those may apply to this conversation.

Dodge doesn't score well on those typically, but my Durango has been awesome. 2015 R/T. V8 power (but not great gas mileage) can tow like crazy, is plenty fast, sounds great and has been solid for 100K miles so far! You'll find variances in everything though. A contractor at our house had a 2020 Tacoma and he said it was horrible. He's had nothing but problems with the transmission since day 1.

Chris

#1940 1 year ago

The one on Cars and Bids about a week ago went for $265K!

2 months later
    #2007 1 year ago

Again, manufacturers are all about sleek style. Not the "Utility" part of SUV.

Chris

1 month later
    #2046 1 year ago

Not pinball but a 25” monitor Ultracade machine will fit in a 2015 Dodge Durango. Had to lay it on its side but it fit without moving the drivers seat and the hatch was closed. Love this vehicle more every day.

9C73ED88-19E2-44F8-9685-E8331193BBDD (resized).jpeg9C73ED88-19E2-44F8-9685-E8331193BBDD (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #2082 1 year ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

ANyone fit a pin in a jeep gladiator?

Isn't that essentially a pickup truck? I can't imagine it would be a problem.

Chris

1 month later
    #2128 1 year ago
    Quoted from fingersport:

My wife is thinking about getting a Hyundai Santa Fa. I'm not sure if they make a sub model like a "sport or limited." I have a pickup but would love to have a vehicle that gets better fuel economy for trips where we just pickup one game. I don't want to remove the heads so WPC games and other current models would have to fit. Anyone have info on this SUV would be great. Thanks in advance.

Not sure about the new ones, but in 2015 they did.

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines#Hyundai

Chris

1 month later
    #2185 1 year ago

If only every car or SUV had what the new 2024 Volvo EX90 has, this would be a much easier thread. LOL

Will it fit (resized).pngWill it fit (resized).png
    2 months later
    #2274 10 months ago

2 machines in a 2015 Dodge Durango R/T.

Time Machine and Firepower II. Firepower had to be disassembled but some finagling and they are in, the hatch closes, and I did t have to move the driver’s or passengers seat.

IMG_8576 (resized).jpegIMG_8576 (resized).jpegIMG_8575 (resized).jpegIMG_8575 (resized).jpegIMG_8578 (resized).jpegIMG_8578 (resized).jpegIMG_8577 (resized).jpegIMG_8577 (resized).jpeg70484144591__0B3EA67E-E9E3-4D78-A7FF-FE3235F8DAF4 (resized).jpeg70484144591__0B3EA67E-E9E3-4D78-A7FF-FE3235F8DAF4 (resized).jpeg
    #2277 10 months ago
    Quoted from WalrusPin:

I like that - as long as I can get one SS in with the backbox folded that's really what I look for. Definitely not going to get another MDX if it can't (the tech is crap for what the car costs anyway). What the height of the opening at the trunk?

It's right about 30 3/4". The Durango isn't raked down in the back like so many crossovers / SUV's which allows it have a larger hatch opening.

While I don't plan on getting one. I totally understand why people have minivans.

Chris

2 weeks later
    #2298 10 months ago
    Quoted from acupunk12:

Anybody know about clearance for a newer CGC/stern in a 2020 Grand Cherokee?

Per this post it can fit in a 2019 so maybe?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/29#post-5722782

Chris

3 months later
    #2393 6 months ago

It seems that manufacturers have really abandoned the "U" in "SUV".

Hopefully my Durango lasts a long time. LOL

Chris

4 months later
    #2478 67 days ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

I'm going to be in the market for a vehicle in the next 2 months. I know minivans will fit a pin, but what newer model year (2021 or later) SUVs have the hatch clearance required? Only other requirement is that it's big enough to have 3rd row seating

My Dodge Durango has moved many a pin and video game. Mine is a 2015 but they haven't changed since then, at least in the back. I've had very good luck with mine. Bought it used in 2016 with 24K miles. It now has 126K miles and I've only done normal routine maintenance. I don't baby it and it has been a great vehicle for me. I can move a pin and still have one passenger in the 2nd row if needed.

It has moved many a machine in the 7 years I've had it. I have not moved a JJP or Gottlieb System 3 so I can't comment on those but it has moved pretty much every era of Williams machine.

Chris

Bad Cats (resized).jpgBad Cats (resized).jpgBig Guns (resized).jpgBig Guns (resized).jpgBlack Widow (resized).jpgBlack Widow (resized).jpgEarthshaker (resized).jpgEarthshaker (resized).jpgPinball Magic (resized).jpgPinball Magic (resized).jpgPolice Force (resized).jpgPolice Force (resized).jpgSoopranos1 (resized).jpgSoopranos1 (resized).jpgSopranos2 (resized).jpgSopranos2 (resized).jpgWCS94 (resized).jpgWCS94 (resized).jpgWhirlwind (resized).jpgWhirlwind (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #2494 47 days ago

Has anyone moved a modern Stern in a 2015 era Durango? I have moved System 11 and WPC with no issue, and even a Lord of the Rings, but nothing new. Picking up a Stranger Things on Saturday and want to make sure I won't have an issue.

Thanks!

Chris

#2498 47 days ago

Well I'll take the chance and report back tonight or tomorrow Thanks all!

Chris

#2499 46 days ago

Fit with no issues at all. In fact it seemed to have more clearance than some of the System 11 games I have moved.

IMG_9937 (resized).jpegIMG_9937 (resized).jpegIMG_9938 (resized).jpegIMG_9938 (resized).jpegIMG_9939 (resized).jpegIMG_9939 (resized).jpegIMG_9940 (resized).jpegIMG_9940 (resized).jpeg
    #2501 46 days ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Some System11 backboxes are quite wide. System9 too.

The width wasn't the issue tha I had usually, it was really close height wise. This just seemed to have super easy clearance. I was concerned the shroud for the plug was going to be an issue but turned out not to be a problem at all.

Chris

1 month later
    #2524 16 days ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Latest VW Atlas (not Cross Sport) will fit an in box Stern even with pallet attached. Also fits wide body out of box (Alien, Scooby) and other games with larger heads like Cactus Canyon with topper.
    [quoted image]

I was also thinking of one of these. Would it fit a machine (out of box) and still have room for one rear seat passenger?

Thanks,
    Chris

#2529 10 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am a huge fan of my 2022 Subaru Forester Wilderness. Any version of the wilderness will fit any pin excepting Gottilieb system 3s, P3s, and oddballs like Big Guns and Hercules. I have the Wilderness that fits everything, but the base model without the sunroof has an even bigger opening. If you get the Wilderness edition and a tow hitch, you to 5 in a U-haul and one in the trunk, so I can literally take my entire collection. It is the smallest vehicle I could find that could fit a pin and tow my collection.
    If you don't plan on towing, the non-wilderness edition gets better gas mileage. All have all wheel drive, excellent visibility, and plenty of room for my 6'4" frame. You can fit 2 adults up front, but you cannot sit anyone in the rear while moving a pin (need a minivan for that). You cannot fit an upright arcade in the back. Safety features are excellent with great backup camera, blindspot monitoring, and fancy cameras to assist cruise control, braking, and keeping it in the lanes. My only regret with my car is that I wish I had gotten the blue one!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tu=santaeatscheese#op[quoted image]

Curious as to why a Big Guns wouldn't fit. They are no taller (when folded) or longer than any other System 11 machine.

Chris

#2536 10 days ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Sorry. I can't attach pics in PM and I had to share a picture of our tea towel in the kitchen.
    I feel like you are due for a new avatar thumbnail.
    [quoted image]

LOL! But he's SantaEatsCheese, not SatanEatsCheese

some might say they are the same though, so.....

Chris

#2546 8 days ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

Can I fit two sterns in a suburban?
    Looking to rent a vehicle to take to
    Pinbrewfest . Taking two sterns .
    Thx for any help.
    Gonna try and find some dimensions

Some suburbans with the bottom storage trays won't fit height wise. Do they offer a minivan? Not as cool but far more versatile for 2 pins.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/9#post-3338814

Chris

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverUnicorn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tu=SilverUnicorn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.