Topic Stats

• 2,573 posts
  • 810 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by red-line
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_144609 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Wiki List Posted by MrSanRamon (11 years ago)

Post #2024 Multimorphic size & weight diagram Posted by Hi-Fi (1 year ago)

Post #2199 How to measure your vehicle. Posted by MrSanRamon (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Neal_W.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1314 4 years ago

My 2011 Chevy Equinox has a nice 32" tall back door for a mid size (5 seat) SUV, and can fit a Stern or BW with the head down.

Looking for a 2019 midsize SUV, but not much has the same 32" tall back door, even the current Equinox is smaller.

I found the CRV and the RAV4 would work. Anyone have other mid sized SUV recommendations?

10 months later
    #1551 3 years ago

2021 Rav4 Hybrid looks fine. 31 and 7/8" at the back door with no lip at the bumper. Equivalent size to my old 2011 Equinox which was fine. (I might have considered a new Equinox, but they got shorter.)

So many new buttons to push in the new pin hauler!

IMG_8776 (resized).jpgIMG_8776 (resized).jpg

IMG_8780 (resized).jpgIMG_8780 (resized).jpg

6 months later
    #1670 2 years ago

First haul with my 2021 RAV4 Hybrid. SIEGE AWAITS!

IMG_9664 (resized).jpgIMG_9664 (resized).jpg

#1675 2 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Nice!! How much room was left at the top sliding in? My RAV4 Prime should be here in the next 10 days or so, but it has an inch less space than yours....

My door is 31 and 7/8" tall. The roof inside was plenty tall but if the doorway is shorter, it might be an issue. We loaded and unloaded so quickly, I didn't notice the door clearance this trip.

Note to self - used a waxed cardboard political sign to slide the pin in. Taking an off-ramp the pin slid to the side with the shiny cardboard under it. Need to watch that!

2 weeks later
    #1681 2 years ago
    Quoted from SNES:

2022 RAV4 Hybrid.

It's a good pick. I'm enjoying my 2021.

8 months later
    #1860 2 years ago

You want a ~32" tall back door and the cx5 measured short when I checked it while shopping around. I got a '21 RAV4 hybrid that measures ~31 and 7/8" which is fine.

2 months later
    #1971 1 year ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Hobbit and X-Men both fit, but X-Men was a little tighter fit.

I have the same and it is nice to see loading coin door first is also an option. I prefer the other way around.

Loading the tallest part first makes sense to get the tallest part through the door first, then as you slide it in, most beds slope up when you reach the back seats and the rest of the pin can get snug at the doorway if the tallest part is not already inside.

#1973 1 year ago
    Quoted from insight75:

I guess unless you are loading flat from a cart.

Yup, I load/unload flat with Pinball Skates (and a helper).

2 months later
    #2033 1 year ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Based my model machine off of Police Force (System 11).

How tall is that box for going through the doorway?

1 week later
    #2042 1 year ago
    Quoted from GamerRick:

Does anyone know if a Stern spike 2 game will fit inside a 2023 Chevy Traverse

Did you measure the height of the back door opening at the dealer? Looks like the Traverse was redesigned in 2022 so info for 2022 and 2023 should be comparable.

2 months later
    #2080 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinsOnly:

Carpet sliders under the front or a pipe to roll it along as it's going in there.

My '21 rav4 hybrid is the same. I use a hunk of waxy cardboard like the campaign signs that people put in their yards. Need to pull a bit on the front to start it up on to the back seats. Those signs slide so good the pin will move around when I take a turn if I leave it under there.

1 week later
    #2090 1 year ago

I would unbox it so it was easier to handle.

Toy Story shipping info: The game is packed very well in a custom designed box that measures 31.5” x 31.5” x 56” high. The box weighs 325 pounds with the game inside.

I recall the doorway is about 31.6" ~ 31.7" so it might fit(?) Check the measurements yourself. You need to confirm a cube 56" long will clear the roof inside as well. When unboxed it is more wedge shaped so the roof inside has clearance.

7 months later
    #2361 8 months ago

Oh, the huge manatee! That looks expensive.

1 month later
    #2422 7 months ago
    Quoted from heckheck:

found the hatch to be right around 30" floor to moulding.

Need closer to 32" to fit a pin without removing the backbox or detaching the hinges and sliding the backbox forward, and I'm not sure how much that gains you but I'm sure it has been mentioned.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Neal_W.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tu=Neal_W and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.