Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 622 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Skippy2904
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A03B635F-2391-403C-8686-DCF693ADF9CA (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20211021_165320042 (resized).jpg
    DD346A88-C797-4C93-811E-10889921C6E8 (resized).jpeg
    E003A0EB-211F-49DA-B69B-B8358D072942 (resized).jpeg
    17DE9C4C-14EF-4E5E-9296-6F4DC132E421 (resized).jpeg
    50BE203E-37D4-4246-9D37-F88AECA7E8FE (resized).jpeg
    F46A93E2-90CF-4B40-8A4A-22F399F2C736 (resized).jpeg
    4A918010-459F-40BC-ADA0-19BF5253557B (resized).jpeg
    7BDEF51A-49D9-4AE7-82C2-F1FA2AB1307B (resized).jpeg
    20210728_171755 (resized).jpg
    20210728_171441 (resized).jpg
    20210728_170503 (resized).jpg
    20210728_170105 (resized).jpg
    20210728_165643 (resized).jpg
    20210728_165744 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9664 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#461 4 years ago

You need height of 30-1/4" for a stern/Sega and 29.5" for a b/w folded head. We just bought a 2016 pilot that I hope works, 30-3/4 - 31" of height.

#469 4 years ago

We literally bought a 2016 pilot EX-L on Monday. I cannot confirm it fits as I have not tried it yet, but every measurement I have taken suggests it does. You need 30-1/4 to fit a stern and the pilot makes it by a good 1/2" to 3/4", will be tight, but should fit. What looks to be the main obstacle is the third row seat belt mechanism just inside the hatch at the top right. Once you clear the opening the height opens up a lot more. I still think/hope it will clear. A BW game will easily fit, only need 29.5" for those. What helps the pilot is that the opening is more square, our CX-9 was much more rounded and cut the corners a lot.

BTW, we traded in our 2014 Mazda CX-9, which easily fit a pin, and the pilot is so much nicer (at least according to my wife and kids.) A lot more interior space and comfortable ride, though I did like the CX-9 as it felt more like driving a car than an SUV.

Stern heads are rectangular 8" back to front at the bottom. BW heads are tapered and are only 6.5" at the bottom, thus the difference in the fit.

2 months later
    #490 4 years ago

I can confirm that a BW or a JJP game will fit in a 2016 Honda Pilot with out any issues. I had a hobbit in it last night, plenty of clearance, a stern will be very close, but I think it will fit, I had about an inch or so of clearance with the hobbit.

3 weeks later
    #506 4 years ago

2016 Honda Pilot fits a stern, barely Already know it fits a hobbit and bw.

20170311_105940 (resized).jpg

20170311_105935 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #536 4 years ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

I have a Honda pilot from 2009. This version fits a pin very nicely. Does anyone know if a pin will fit in the new Honda pilots?. They look a little smaller when I've seen them on the road.
    Thanks
    Litz

Confirmed to fit, I have one. Hobbit and stern SM had no issues.

#538 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I think it was the pilot that we had to turn a gottlieb sys3 on its side or slide the head forward. Otherwise they fit stern and new games just barely for big so big and boxy its smaller than I thought. I think it's from the floor angling up with the seats folded

The issue with the newer pilots is the third row seat belt mount just inside the hatch on the right. It takes a up an inch of clearance. Clearly not designed to maximize entry space.

1 week later
    #551 4 years ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

Thanks. My pilot is getting long in the tooth. I might need to buy a new one soon. So it will fit straight in head first?

No, you always load front first so when you take the game out it's easy to just rest it on the ground.

1 month later
    #604 4 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Any one tried to get a machine into the Porsche Maacan with seats folded down? Concerned about height width looks just fine Cheers Bill

It won't fit in the Macan or the cayenne, height is too short.

1 month later
    #637 4 years ago

Dialed in fits in a 2016 Honda pilot.

FB95IMG951500665190261 (resized).jpg

2 months later
    #686 4 years ago
    Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Two questions. First, approximately how tall is a pin with the head folded down? Second any experience out there with a Mazda CX-9?
    Thanks,
    John

Our 2014 CX-9 easily fit a pin.

1 month later
    #714 3 years ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

Will a pin fit in a 2017 Honda Pilot? It fits in my 2009 Pilot. I need a new car and I love the Honda Pilot.

Yes it will, easily. We have a 2016.

#716 3 years ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

Excellent. Thank you.
    Ps your mods are great. I have some for my TZ.

Thanks and you are welcome. I’ve had stern, bw and jjp games in the pilot, all clear. At first I wasn’t sure, but it’s not an issue.

1 month later
    #732 3 years ago

No on the Acura MDX, only about 28" of clearance. Honda pilot works.

1 week later
    #750 3 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Depends on the year of the Pilot. I had a 2013 and it was easy. The newer style 2017 Pilot will not as the opening is about 31 inches. It is smaller than the 2017 QX60 and it won't fit in the QX60.

This is incorrect. My 2016 pilot, which is exactly the same as the 2017 body style, easily fits pins. I’ve had data east tftc, jjp hobbit, jjp di and many sterns in it. Clearance is correct at 31”, but it fits with room to spare.

#753 3 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Interesting the opening in my 2017 QX60 (32 inches) is bigger than the 2017 Pilot and TOM would not fit.

Bw games only require around 29” I think, should easily fit. Is your opening rounded too much maybe. Pilot is bigger than qx60. 83 vs 76 cu ft cargo space.

#755 3 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

I measured the opening when we bought. 17 Pilot was a smaller height opening we put them side by side. Maybe the Pilot touring edition is different but it was smaller.

The height is 31” for all pilots 2016-2017, but you only need 30.5” of clearance for stern games, bw smaller. You should measure how long of a run you have that 32”. A lot of suvs lose height fast because they round the opening.

#757 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

My Twilight would need about 30-31in to safely clear an opening.

It will fit in a 2016/17 Honda pilot.

#759 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Okay thanks for the info.. Do you know what the opening is in a 16-17 Honda Pilot I didn’t bring my measuring tape when I looked at it last week.

Yes, it's 31. Beleve me, I would not have bought the pilot if it could not fit a pin. When you measure and look at it, it seems like it won't fit, but it will with about 1/4" to spare. The rear seat belt reduce's clearance, but it's not a factor.

1 month later
    #787 3 years ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

prob getting a 2011 Acura MDX....looks like 31 1/2 is the clearance of the back opening...looks like it will be rubbing a few pins but should be ok

that's plenty of clearance. you only need 30-3/4". stern is bigger than bw.

#802 3 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Fit them no problem in my '04 MDX.
    Newer ones look to be a smaller opening in the rear.

Yes, new ones, 2015+ no longer work

#807 3 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Whats the height you need to slip in folded down machine. My new Velar is 41.1 inches in the height which most concerned about by 49 width

Are you sure that height is correct?

Disappointed to hear the sport won’t work, was thinking about it.

#809 3 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

yes pulled off my specs this is the new shape mid size Range Rover called first edition, Im not home so couldnt measure so pulled up the specs as was a little worried

Pleas do double check, that would be a massive opening for a midsize suv. Do the seats fold completely flat?

I just checked the specs and that 41 is the height behind the second row seats, it’s not the rear hatch opening.

1 week later
    #817 3 years ago

Land Rover discoevery is a no go, opening doesn’t have the height along the full length and 2nd row seats don’t go flat. These rounded openings are not pinball friendly.

Volkswagen atlas easily fits a pin, nice suv too.

4 months later
    #870 3 years ago
    Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Volkswagen Atlas V6 4motion. A lot more room than the BMW X5 and Audi Q7. You can probably fit the snow mobile inside the car.....well almost.

Been looking at that car, a lot of room, like it, but Ive read significant first year issues. How’s yours holding up? Parts not readily available.

#873 3 years ago
    Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

I have not had any issues. Well one minor one. My 360 degree surround camera was not properly calibrated when I took possession of the car (last year June....early adopter). Took them 2 months to find the tools to realign, but they took care of a full month lease payment to make up for it, and to he honest, was not bad at all. It is perfect now and I had zero issues with the car.
    We have the SEL premium, I simply had to get the digital dash board and the vented seats. Totally worth it. I have a client who just got a Q7 and after he saw our Atlas, he regretted spending all that money on the Q7 and getting a smaller car.
    The V6 has good power and the 4montion is really great when you go into the mountains in the winter.
    It is my wife's car and she would not trade it for anything.

Awesome, thx. Do you think it would fit two pins at a time? 2 stern games?

2 months later
    #905 3 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Test-drove the CX-5 yesterday and it was fun to drive. measured about 31 inches from the lip of the hatch to the top so good there. Nice feature set for a good price in the Touring trim, too. The screen interface was a little clunky and they don't support CarPlay yet, plus you need to spring for the highest trim to get SiriusXM, so that's my only reservation.
    Going to compare price/features/hatch clearance on the 2018 Rav4 and CR-Vs. Anyone with those models care to chime in on the pin-loading experience?

Cx5 has a pretty high load if I recall so you really have to lift the game to get it in.

Crv is really nice for what it is, but beware of the 1.5 l engine for now.

2 weeks later
    #918 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Anyone tried a 3rd gen (2014-current) Acura MDX yet?

Not even close to fitting.

#920 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Ugh, I figured I could make use of the wife's mommy-mobile this winter or during rain.
    I hadn't taken a tape measure to it yet to measure (And I'm not humping a machine up from the basement to try test fit it, just for the sake of test fitting, haha), but it looked close.

You need 30-3/4" to clear a stern. I think the mdx was like 28 or 29. The older generation did work.

1 week later
    #931 2 years ago

if you can find a toyota previa, that's supposedly a great pin hauler.

3 months later
    #994 2 years ago
    Quoted from lsuarch722:

Here to tell you first hand that a new stern (GOTG) will not fit in a 2019 MDX. Disconnected the back panel and hauled in two pieces. Probably would have fit on its side but wasn’t sure if that would hurt anything. I see from previous posts that it’s probably fine.

They haven’t fit in an mdx since the redesign in 2015. Shame as it’s a great car otherwise.

#1015 2 years ago

The passport will easily fit a pin. I test drove it and was going to buy one, but they would not budge off msrp. No thanks. Bought a pilot instead.

#1017 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Cool that a pin will fit. I wouldn't pay msrp either. Not looking to buy until next year, so hopefully by then deals are easier to find on the passport.

It has a taller opening than the pilot, more like the crv, but it’s the same interior as the pilot. Very nice car.

2 months later
    #1105 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrKegFlex:

Anybody with the latest generation Pilot (2016-2019) know if it can hold a NIB Stern? Measuring the opening seems like it would be extremely close.
    My previous Pilot (2012) had no troubles, I just had to cut the top corner off the box to fit under the moon roof once it was in the vehicle.

Will not fit with box, but will fit without box. Box is 31-32” high, Pilot has 30-3/4” max. We have a 2016 and 2019 pilot.

#1108 2 years ago

Here's a jjp potc in my 2019 Honda pilot.

IMG_20190510_111604 (resized).jpg
    #1111 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

It does not look like the head would clear. How did you get it in?

It clears, no issues.

2 weeks later
    #1121 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrKegFlex:

Was checking out a Honda Passport this past week, looks like the center of the opening is 32" and then it tapers to 31" going towards the sides.

It's the same as a pilot, maybe a little bigger opening. will fit stern, jjp and bw easily. Better off going with a pilot to be honest, same vehicle, thousands cheaper

1 month later
    #1173 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Thanks! Went and measured it at the dealership from every conceivable angle, and should fit just about every pin just fine—excluding System 3.
    I actually ended up buying one. Got a 2019 Grand Touring in black. Spent extra money to get the added package too, so it has ventilated seats, a HUD, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, and power folding mirrors. Even though it doesn’t have the biggest cargo area compared to the competition, the price build quality, and feature set can’t be beat, doesn’t have a CVT, tows more weight than the CR-V and RAV4, and is as quiet as a Lexus NX on the highway. Highly recommended for anyone car shopping.
    [quoted image]

the cx-5 is a great choice in that segment, it's definitely the sportiest of the bunch. it just feels less roomy and a bit cramped compared to the CRV, like you suggested. Still a very good car, good luck with it. do you think you could get a pin and an escalera in it?

2 months later
    #1245 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone know if a 2018 Honda CRV will transport a Guns n Roses ok? Thanks.

Crvs have huge backs, I’d think it would easily fit. You only need 31” of clearance and I think it has 34”

4 months later
    #1352 1 year ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

Just went and measured the new kia seltos and current model Sorento. Seltos only has 29inches and Sorento just short of 31. So no Kia other than telluride.

My pilot is just short of 31 and I’ve fit stern, bw and jjp games easily.

1 year later
    #1683 4 months ago
    Quoted from dstickler:

Looking to buy A Range Rover Evoque... Does anyone know if a pinball machine will fit?
    Thanks.

I looked at a 2019 a while back and it would not fit a stern or bw, the opening is to short. So unless they changed the design, I’d say no. Nice car though.

1 month later
    #1722 67 days ago
    Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Has anyone moved a pin in a Honda Passport? Just eyeballing it I think it should be workable

I think it’s the same opening as a pilot and a pilot fits all games. You need 30-1/4” max for a stern game. Pilot has 30-3/4.

1 month later
    #1747 10 days ago
    Quoted from SirMachismo:

2016 Honda Pilot handled South Park like a champ 30.5” of clearance! A whole 3/16 to spare (with a cardboard under the pin). South Park is 30.25” at the folded high point. Once I cleared the entrance plenty of room everywhere else.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, pilot will fit any jjp, stern and bw games. Stern games are very close like you show. Great vehicle!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside