Topic Stats

• 2,563 posts
  • 808 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 hours ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Wiki List Posted by MrSanRamon (11 years ago)

Post #2024 Multimorphic size & weight diagram Posted by Hi-Fi (1 year ago)

Post #2199 How to measure your vehicle. Posted by MrSanRamon (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#247 8 years ago
    Quoted from dementedwarlok:

2002 jeep cherokee confirmed.

Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hide20150603_191946.jpg

To avoid confusion, this is a Grand Cherokee. Completely different vehicle from a Cherokee (which wasn't even made in 2002, at least not in the USA...that's when Jeep replaced it with the Liberty).

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Yes...1999 thru 2004 fit a game. 2005 thru 2010 don't due to not enough vertical clearance...unless you remove the head. 2011 thru at least 2012 and probably 2015 will fit a game, but there is not a lot of vertical clearance.
    Robert

Again, I'm assuming by the years mentioned that you are referring to the Grand Cherokee, not Cherokee. The distinction is especially important since Jeep resurrected the Cherokee name recently and are again making both models. The Grand isn't just a fancier version, it's a completely different, larger vehicle.

6 years later
    #1847 2 years ago

I might have to replace my pin hauler soon, so looking at options. Can anyone give a definitive answer on the Mazda CX-5? It seems every other post conflicts...most say no problem, but then I just saw one saying a modern Stern was a no-go?

Others on the short list are the Escape and the Forester. 90% chance I end up with one of those.

I've also toyed with the idea of a small truck, but do not like the open air idea. It might be a stupid question, but is it possible to roll a tonneau cover over something like a pin? I'm assuming most truck beds are too shallow to fit it completely under. I'm not sure if a tonneau has enough give for a big lump in the middle, LOL!

4 weeks later
    #1885 2 years ago
    Quoted from WildRover:

TLDR: 2021 Mazda CX-5 pins no fit good.
    Attention Mazda CX-5 drivers. I always used a 2014 and 2017 Mazda CX-5 in the past to haul pins...fit all pins no problem (newer Sterns, older Bally, widebody etc).
    Bought a 2021 CX-5 late last year. Just went to pickup a Stern pin the other day and they DO NOT FIT. They took about an inch off clearance wise (height). Had to turn it sideways very carefully. Just a heads up for those in the market.

Thanks for the confirmation. After hearing conflicting info here, I tried one out. Didn't really fall in love with it anyway, but a couple quick measurements made it look like there was no way a pin was going in without lube and a prayer. Ended up buying a 2020 Forester and I absolutely love it. Haven't stuffed a pin yet, but I'm fairly certain it will not be a problem.

0C83192E-4F32-491E-B14B-5C8ECE4C64F6 (resized).jpeg0C83192E-4F32-491E-B14B-5C8ECE4C64F6 (resized).jpeg
    4 weeks later
    #1917 1 year ago

2020 Subaru Forester confirmed for a modern Stern, along with hydraulic life cart with custom tilting assembly, Escalera with big wheels, and a bunch of other stuff. Sport model with sunroof for what that’s worth. Fit like a (very tight) glove. Gently rubbed the roof going in, but not enough to damage pin or vehicle. Unfortunately I seriously doubt you could get a NIB stuffed in here.

B4E40AF2-1B87-48AF-8357-17CDD2B2CBF0 (resized).jpegB4E40AF2-1B87-48AF-8357-17CDD2B2CBF0 (resized).jpeg
    5 months later
    #2061 1 year ago

Repost from earlier in this thread. More proof that a 2020-era Forester is all good with a modern Stern. The pin height is VERY tight on mine. I had to remove the rubber mat to get it in. But in it went, along with a 60" Escalera w/big wheels, a hydraulic lift cart with custom tilting mechanism, toolbox, cooler, etc. Made for the perfect MGC hauler this year. I have the Sport model and absolutely love it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tu=Jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.